Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Horizontal Log Windows and Mouse Cursor Movement

Platform: Windows (via Wine on Linux but also verified in a native Windows environment)
    ISP: Telia
    Type of Internet Connection: 4G
    Internet Connection Speed: Variable
    Date & Time: 2024-02-14
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Dragoy
    Race: Hume
    World: Fenrir
    Main Job: Samurai
    Support Job: Warrior
    Area and Coordinates: Anywhere, most noticeably during battle.
    Party or Solo: Solo or party.
    NPC Name: N/A
    Monster Name: N/A (Battle makes it easier to notice.)
    Steps:

1. Enable reactive log Windows/Shared/Horizontal for chat logs (preferably set maximum lines displayed high, at least above 5).
    2. Configure Log so that battle messages are displayed in window 2 (to make it more likely to grow in size).
    3. Enter battle and move the action menu selection to, say, Abilities, and when window 2 is full, press cancel a lot to reduce the chat log size.
    4. Should the cursor activate, it will move along downwards as well as upwards with the log window 2.

Video demonstration (shortly after Mandau goes down after 1 minute and 56 seconds here; no audio for some reason...):

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEhaiy2wTZc&t=1m56s

This can of course be quite detrimental due to interfering with intended menu inputs, calling for help, disengaging, using an unintended ability... etc.

Another, perhaps easier way to demonstrate how the cursor follows the size of window 2:

1. Enter battle.
    2. Move the cursor to, say, 'Check'.
    3. Wait for the window 2 to grow.

Video demonstration:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=518CsWTP9jg

Pressing and holding ESC while tapping cancel on a gamepad is a good way to make it happen as well.

I believe this happens due to how the cursor is meant to follow the window, which there originally was only one of. It still makes sense if the windows are configured on top of each other, but when they are side-by-side like this... bad things happen. ^^;

That said, I suppose this is a feature, not a bug, but I might guess it is at the very least unintended in this set up.

Thank you!
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 03-29-2024 at 06:27 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's probably "technically" correct but an odd consequence of this feature which was kinda shoehorned into the game. I use the stacked arrangement myself and its still a bit weird there as well. I hope it gets adjusted but it looks like it might require messing with ancient game code lol.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Indeed, it might be tricky to fix...

I had noticed it at times before, but there was a bug fix in Wine that resulted in this being triggered a lot easier in the Linux land, so I went into looking where it actually starts on the Windows land too.

Not really expecting it to be amended, but at least I did what I could with reporting what I found out!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.