Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Celeston
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

My armor is taken more damage than used too

I am not sure but my thread got moved to not a bug. My armor still causes my armor to get hit harder than used too. Please check my characters armor against VD boss in ambuscade and abyssea monsters. Also I don't gearswap or use equipset for whm or melee because I don't have the armor to do that. Blm using same body armor in my new Marcos. Also my blm armor and whm don't work right sometimes. m armor does not give me mp back sometimes with damage and whm does not conserve ike it should sometimes. Also procing system in abyssea does not show weakness or procing in abyssea in text so don't know weakness of monsters and I have done the storyline in abdoulin. Also my auto target does not work with monsters with chest laying down on ground . It sometimes does not auto target without chest. Please help or give me information to contact someone who will check this out and fix this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Whmk; 03-19-2024 at 02:06 PM.

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Because you did not go to the STICKY thread in this forum, copy/paste the template to your thread message to address the information correctly.
    Since you only posted a "this is what happened, and I think that there is an error or mistake or bug/glitch" without using the format shown in the sticky thread, your post gets moved to "Not a bug" since they cannot ascertain what or how it may have happened.
    If you have to answer a question and have no answer, put SOMETHING there to let them know it was not relevant.
    For example they ask: "What NPC(s) did you talk to or interact with during this bug?" and if you have none then answer "n/a" or "none". BUT!!! include any you MAY have targeted and interacted with if you can EVEN IF YOU DON'T THINK SO, it may be relevant, as NPCs have certain flagged functions, and don't assume it isn't important.

Hope that helps!
    (1)
    Last edited by Dzspdref; 03-20-2024 at 10:00 AM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    To check damage differences you need to check versus the exact same mob, same conditions. This months ambuscade the boss can level up if too much dmg exceeds 40k, which makes the boss stronger.

Is the blm body you are using at minimal the 109 version of the Spaekona's coat. It is only 2% return of mp based on the damage you do, are you sure that you did the math correctly based on the nuke damage?

Same deal with whm legs, do you have at minimal the 109 version of Ebers pantaloons and did the calculation of 5% return based on amount healed?

Procing system in abyssea, are you sure you have the KI Abyssite of discernment? You don't get hint messages unless you have this KI.

Chests on the ground and npcs that spawn from ??? points have always had targeting issues. This is why you want to move nms after poping them from ??? points. If a chest pops after nm kill, and it was killed right at the ??? priority will be the chest before the ???. Same thing applies to if a mob pops exactly on a chest. This is why you can destroy chests in abyssea.
    (1)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 03-20-2024 at 10:17 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    VoiceMemo on this one. The ambu boss can grow in power, this has nothing to do with your armor or stats. And as Dzspdref said, if you don't follow the template, your reports are automatically rejected for not following the procedure. But there's no bug here, anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Celeston
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

You didn't check my armor because I have 119 Armor for legs whm and body blm

I don't know what you mean by saying what you said. When I attack all mobs in abyssea it sometimes does higher damage than it used too. Also my whm and blm have armor problems with gaining mp and losing mp that involves armors If this not a bug than what is it, how do I get help to fix this. Also you did not address the abyssea issue of not showing the procing system in text chat while I am fighting monsters. It does not show procing or weakness of monsters in abyssea. Voidwatch it shows the weakness of NM and when you proc NM,and it should do the same in abyssea. You didn't check my character at all. So is there another thread I can post or someway to get help for this. The GM told me to post here. I pay every month and this does not work right and I need help to fix this. Should I contact GM for this again? My auto target does not work right, it does not work on monsters when there are chest on the ground. Auto target only work if monster is standing next to other monster sometimes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Whmk; 03-21-2024 at 06:37 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    As others have mentioned, we need to fill out a form for a bug report to be forwarded at all, hence the moving to the 'not a bug report' area.

You can find the template here:
    Thread: Welcome to Forum: In-Game Bugs!
    There are examples there of what they-who-handle-these expect to see filled in the following template:

Platform:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    World:
    Main Job:
    Support Job:
    Area and Coordinates:
    Party or Solo:
    NPC Name:
    Monster Name:
    Steps:
    <*Add more steps if necessary.>
    - About the Abyssea issue with triggering weaknesses, as also mentioned by others, special key items are required, but not the same ones as in Voidwatch (it also works a bit differently otherwise in general).

- For auto-targeting to work, assuming it is enabled, your character needs to actually see the target (that is, if your character is facing away from them, it will not happen, and I suspect this is the case if it sometimes does work).

- Of the difference in damage... there could be plenty of reasons depending on the exact enemies and multiple other factors.

If you could give us (and those who will actually be able to act on these bug reports) some more detailed information, that would be great!

In any case, best of luck!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Did you read my previous post? It does list out things like checking for the KI for abyssea Abyssite of discernment.

For cure testing and calculation of mp return is easy, first stay in town as whm/rdm, cure yourself to use up mp, then use convert when mp is low so your mp value becomes your hp. Log down your current hp and mp values, do a cure 5 then record the values again, then do the math. Or post it here and we can do the math.
    (0)

Character
    Celeston
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    None of what you said the reason why the problems are happening to my character. You did not check my characters job or armor. I understand now about the template but I am not good at posting this thread, I just want to find help. Having to do so much to get my character checked out and fixed was not my plan. It seems you want me to do the stuff myself, and I am not sure how to do it.
    Platform: Windows 11
    ISP:Fiber optic
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:200mps
    Date & Time:
    Frequency: sometimes in abyssea and non abyssea areas.
    Character Name:Celeston
    Race:humme
    World:Asura
    Main Job: whm, blm, or other jobs
    Support Job:rdm, or ninja
    Area and Coordinates:abyssea and non abysea
    Party or Solo:with trusts solo
    NPC Name:monsters in a abyssea and non abyssea areas
    Monster Name:Random monsters in abyssea and non abyssea
    Steps:
    1.auto-target does not auto target on abyssea non abysea monsters
    2.whm leg armor and blm body not giving me MP back sometimes when casting cure spells and elemental spells.
    3.abyssea does not show weaknesses to monsters in abyssea with the special key item from abdoulin quests like voidwatch.
    <*Add more steps if necessary.>
    (1) Armor sometimes does more damage than used to a month ago in abyssea and none abyssea areas
    (0)
    Last edited by Whmk; 03-22-2024 at 08:30 AM.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Just checking that you're aware:

Abyssite of Discernment is the key item which shows Abyssea NM weaknesses, which you get after killing the six caturae. It will only pop up a weakness in the log when you hit a mob with a spell or weapon skill when that mob is autoattacking, and not if it's casting or using an ability. If you're aware of all that, have you checked to make sure all of your chat filters are off and you Config > Log > Window 1/2 aren't all on?

With regards auto-targeting; it's a bit shonky. Firstly, the next opponent has to be in your cone of view, which by my estimates is a 30-45 degree arc in front of you (someone can prob confirm that), which can be skewed from your perspective if your camera angle is off (is your Config Mouse/Cam set to Normal or Chase Cam? Are you locked on to the mob you're attacking, ie orange border around the mob's stat window in the bottom right?). Secondly, if you have had a mob targeted and switch target away from it, it will not re-autotarget that mob when your new target dies. Thirdly, it will not autotarget a mob which hasn't attacked you (ie if it's aggroed and hasn't had a chance to autoattack you yet).

The other issues about equipment seem significant, but server-side code can't single your character out or change the behaviour of a couple of sets of one specific person's armour, and this isn't happening to anyone else, which is why I'm guessing the GM directed you to the forums so that experienced players like those above can help you do various checks to explain something you may have missed.

Although on the surface it would seem that it *should* have no effect on these matters, perhaps removing any and all third-party stuff if you have any, and uninstalling the game fully, then doing a fresh install, might make a difference. I appreciate that's a PITA, but if it's a fresh install it might help.
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Celeston
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    You did not check my character at all and you keep repeating yourself. what I said does not work on my character. Abyssite of discernment does not work in chat log and I have no filters on. It does not show weakness like it should like void watch. Auto target does not auto target monster with chest lying on ground. It sometimes only works when monster are right next to each other . My armor for whm legs and blm body armor does not give mp sometimes when it triggers. I uninstalled game many times and it's not changing anything. It's been like this for years. My armor sometimes takes more damage than it should. I don't use third party programs. Please don't have me repeat myself again, And check my characters problems. I am gonna try to contact GM again and find out why he sent me here and if he can help. It seems to me your not willing to help, no matter what I say. You want to argue instead of helping me. It's not fair play that my character does not work right and I pay money to play this game and it does not work right. This site should be redone because you incapable of fixing anything.
    (0)
    Last edited by Whmk; 03-23-2024 at 12:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast