Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 83
  1. #11
    Player Gwydion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    993
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    There are no secret meanings or contexts from me. Please read my words at face value don't assume there's some unspoken meaning. I'm blunt and honest and that just isn't something I do.
    This is my point, and I hope you read this ten times and that it actually sinks in: If you attempt to be so direct, so succinct, and so clear in your replies, it actually comes off as dismissive and callous, to many readers. You're not helping your cause by doubling-down on being so rigid.
    (2)
    私の言葉に悪意があるとは考えないでください。
    Please do not consider my words to be malicious.

  2. #12
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    10,123
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    This is my point, and I hope you read this ten times and that it actually sinks in: If you attempt to be so direct, so succinct, and so clear in your replies, it actually comes off as dismissive and callous, to many readers. You're not helping your cause by doubling-down on being so rigid.
    Well the problem here is what you say conflicts with what I responded to. The problem I'm illustrating is how certain people are assuming things that simply aren't there. And knowing what I'm saying here, you should understand now that I'm not simply being "dismissive and callous." I write with a full understanding of the situation and simply say what I mean. There's no subterfuge, no hidden agenda.

    I think it's pretty ridiculous to suggest that being direct, succinct and clear is a bad thing. These are all positive attributes in my view. What benefit is there in NOT being clear? That just misleads people. Everyone should strive to be as clear as possible to avoid misunderstandings. Which it seems like we might have one right now, because this... just really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. There's no malice behind that, it just doesn't.

    However. You have a point about being more empathetic. I will revisit some past discussions to evaluate how that could have an impact. I have accused others of assuming the worst but I realize that there have been times where I have done that as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-18-2024 at 11:06 AM.

  3. #13
    Player Ahalee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Posts
    44
    Character
    Ahalee
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    The person in that post posting the SS is not the same one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You are welcome to your opinion of course, but you couldn't possibly have a less accurate view of the situation. Maybe you're not familiar with that poster's 20 mile long thread screenshotting STF reports that falsely accuse THE ENTIRE PLAYERBASE of botting Exemplar Points, simply for being in a particular zone. It is straight up malice. (Also, they are not a she.) This user falsely reports entire groups of people for cheating with no evidence, reporting "Everyone in the zone for third-party automation" when all it takes is one single person to enter the zone for any reason for that to become a false statement.

    I've been nothing but respectful to you, but you regularly make inaccurate assumptions about what I'm trying to say. I'm close to giving up at this point because no matter what I say, you just assume I have some ulterior motive or that I'm trying to disparage you in some way, neither of which is true. You keep going on about these "contexts" that I neither reference or intend to referencee- you just assume the worst. I truly wish the circumstances were different, and I am still entirely willing to try to come to an understanding. But for that to happen you have to stop assuming that I'm simply out to get you or something like that. I'm not.

    There are no secret meanings or contexts from me. Please read my words at face value don't assume there's some unspoken meaning. I'm blunt and honest and that just isn't something I do.

    I'll look into the screenshots. Regardless, you haven't been respectful to me. Don't lie. You falsely accuse me of bad performance and then try to cover it up by lying about what you posted and attacking me for calling you out. The context I pointed out was real. You knew what you were referring to and all anyone has to do is read your original post to know that. I'm not "assuming" anything, it's all right there.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ahalee; 02-18-2024 at 04:07 PM.

  4. #14
    Player Rinuko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    76
    Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Uroah View Post
    No it isn't. Especially not for you and people like you, who are desperate for attention and argue no matter what the topic is for said attention. You and that behavior belong on reddit, 4chan, or twitter.

    Touch grass. And don't try to reply to me, this is not a discussion. And do not reply to him, when he tries to reply to me. Do not reward this behavior.
    Seems like OP triggered you.
    (1)

  5. #15
    Player Rinuko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    76
    Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalee View Post
    The person in that post posting the SS is not the same one.




    I'll look into the screenshots. Regardless, you haven't been respectful to me. Don't lie. You falsely accuse me of bad performance and then try to cover it up by lying about what you posted and attacking me for calling you out. The context I pointed out was real. You knew what you were referring to and all anyone has to do is read your original post to know that. I'm not "assuming" anything, it's all right there.
    You’re not respectful to anyone either. You live in your little bubble.
    (1)

  6. #16
    Player Ahalee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Posts
    44
    Character
    Ahalee
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinuko View Post
    You’re not respectful to anyone either. You live in your little bubble.
    I have been very respectfully actually. I think you should find something constructive to do instead of trolling others.
    (1)

  7. #17
    Player Catmato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    972
    It seems like recently there was a multiple-month period on these forums with very little drama and personal attacks. I wonder what caused that and what we could do to attain it again.
    (3)
    It's your server.

  8. #18
    Player Rinuko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    76
    Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalee View Post
    I have been very respectfully actually. I think you should find something constructive to do instead of trolling others.
    That’s pretty rich coming from you.
    (0)

  9. #19
    Player Ahalee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Posts
    44
    Character
    Ahalee
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    It seems like recently there was a multiple-month period on these forums with very little drama and personal attacks. I wonder what caused that and what we could do to attain it again.
    Banning Rinuko would be a good start.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rinuko View Post
    That’s pretty rich coming from you.
    Says the person trying to instigate more stuff
    (0)

  10. #20
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,572
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalee View Post
    The person in that post posting the SS is not the same one.
    Yes, it is, they have just been banned multiple times from the forum and have a million and one accounts (so it seems) in order to keep posting.
    (1)

    Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast