Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Your post just wasn't good, sorry. You are basically telling them to stop adding new vanity items to the game (some of the only "new" skins we are getting) and nothing to replace it. You are hurting people who enjoy those things for no reason when it costs almost no resources for them to do it. I think the mog pells would be nice to obtain, most of them are useless today overall, but for vanity item reasons lol. Who cares about warps like that when we all have literally free warps and homepoints?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    The fact that this is a serious post is rather unfortunate, OP.
    Absolutely perfect. I posted exactly the opposite of how I felt, just to see who might turn up and post their viewpoints. You don't actually want to participate in a discussion, you just get your dopamine from arguing and antagonizing people with your contrarian viewpoints. I've seen all I needed to see here.
    (1)
    私の言葉に悪意があるとは考えないでください。
    Please do not consider my words to be malicious.

Character
    Oecca
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 1
    It's taken you this long to figure out these people only show up argue.

Talk about slow. And you'll keep arguing with them even after claiming to have "figured it out". Sad.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Its a forum, we are here to discuss our opinions right? I gave my opinion, I am not contrarian in every thread, I just didn't agree with you. I even said I would also like to see the mog pells come back, I just don't agree with you that they should stop adding vanity items to login points etc, it seems misguided to me. But... this thread was some kind of bait to see how would be "arguing" with you? Really weird man.
    (1)
    Last edited by Immortal; 02-02-2024 at 10:45 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Uroah View Post
    It's taken you this long to figure out these people only show up argue.

Talk about slow. And you'll keep arguing with them even after claiming to have "figured it out". Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Its a forum, we are here to discuss our opinions right? I gave my opinion, I am not contrarian in every thread, I just didn't agree with you. I even said I would also like to see the mog pells come back, I just don't agree with you that they should stop adding vanity items to login points etc, it seems misguided to me. But... this thread was some kind of bait to see how would be "arguing" with you? Really weird man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    The fact that this is a serious post is rather unfortunate, OP.
    Not really. I just wanted proof, out in the open, completely visible for everyone to see. Let it be a mirror which reflects back onto the viewer, as a wanton reminder of your antagonizing behavior. Here, it can be seen that, for all of your flaws, your foibles, your post counts, are an effigy of your relentless resentment towards other people. When you think to yourself: "Why doesn't SE engage with us?", you can sit in silence, lament your forlorn existence and only have yourselves to blame.
    (4)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 02-02-2024 at 05:04 PM.
    私の言葉に悪意があるとは考えないでください。
    Please do not consider my words to be malicious.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Gwyds needs to rename his character "Michael Dropson" !!
    (1)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Absolutely perfect. I posted exactly the opposite of how I felt, just to see who might turn up and post their viewpoints. You don't actually want to participate in a discussion, you just get your dopamine from arguing and antagonizing people with your contrarian viewpoints. I've seen all I needed to see here.
    Unfortunately, this isn't the "gotcha" you think it is. As the nature of your interactions on these hustling and bustling official forums just as easily applies to you.
    (3)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Really weird honestly, take a step back buddy.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    A new vanity item appears
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I think we have enough costume / costume-effect weapons. There are 121 of these items, across Mainhand weapon categories, shown below. I did not bother to add the 4 Ranged and 3 Throwing/Ammo related costume items, which would bring us to 128. (The criteria I used is "Level 1" and "All Jobs" and yes, some of these have a very niche use, but enough is enough!)

I would literally rather play "Where's Waldo?", where you hide an NPC across Vanadiel that we have to find, than to collect another weapon, to be stored on a slip, never see the light of the day again.

P.S. While, I have your attention, can we have a way to obtain a Rainbow and Gold Mog Pell once again? Perhaps something obtained at X days of /playtime if not obtained through specific content?

Anyway, here's the list:
    I understand your frustration but I have to agree with the others on this. If you want to complain about something like this, offer an alternative. Something is better than nothing, so what do you propose they offer instead that can be used by anybody?

Part of the reason the campaigns introduced so many of these items though, is because people now actually use these things to change their look, whereas back in the old days you rarely saw any of the cosmetic items that existed because lockstyle didn't exist. Now that it's much easier to use these vanity items without affecting performance, people can get more creative about their appearance which people have enjoyed in FFXIV for much longer. So I'm personally glad that more such options have been made available through these campaigns.

It's also not fair to consider the +1s seperately, they're the same item with some sort of enchantment added. Even with all these vanity weapons, it doesn't come close to the number of cosmetic choices players have had in FFXIV since the glamour system first began, so as long as it doesn't get in the way of any other feature updates too much (it seems like new items are among the easiest ways for them to update the game), I'm really not bothered. That said, as I noted at the beginning, if you have alternatives I'd love to hear them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-07-2024 at 07:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2