Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Run Wild doesn't give Jug Pet any Magic Accuracy?

Platform: Windows
    ISP: Verizon
    Type of Internet Connection: Fiber
    Internet Connection Speed: 1GBps
    Date & Time: Always
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Galkashield
    Race: Galka
    World: Asura
    Main Job: BST99
    Support Job: DNC49
    Area and Coordinates: Any zone where a Jug Pet can be called
    Party or Solo: Both
    NPC Name: Not applicable
    Monster Name: Any (preferably Item Level 119+ monsters)
    Steps:
    1. Choose any Beastmaster jug pet capable of Item-Level (Ex. Dire Broth)
    2. Use Call Beast or Bestial Loyalty with a 119 Axe in the mainhand slot.
    3. Engage any monster with pet.
    4. Execute Run Wild ability (/ja "Run Wild" <me>) (must be engaged).
    5. Execute magic-based ability such as Purulent Ooze or Corrosive Ooze, many times with and without Run Wild.

Result: The ability "Run Wild" produces no discernable difference in successfully landing magic-based pet Ready abilities. Is it intentional that it provides absolutely zero Magic Accuracy? Why doesn't it give pet Magic Evasion either? These are necessary attributed in Item Level content. Thank you!
    (1)
    私の言葉に悪意があるとは考えないでください。
    Please do not consider my words to be malicious.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not a bug. Run Wild is PHYSICAL attack, accuracy, evasion, and defense, and a regen effect. Not magic. It was never advertised to do that. While one could argue that it should be made to (I'd agree), it is working as intended. This would be a feature request, not a bug.

Edit: I can see where the confusion is coming from. BGwiki lists magic accuracy among its effects with a ! Verification Needed tag.
    FFXIclopedia does not include Magic Accuracy in the list of stats modified. The description also does not mention it, however the description is pretty vague: "Your familiar will gain heightened powers"

I also looked at the history of the BGWiki page and the Magic Accuracy thing was added much later on after the page's creation than the rest of the information. So I think someone just plugged that in there based on ancedotal evidence. Additionally, none of the sources referenced on the page mention Magic Accuracy.

So from this, I'm assuming you read BGWiki and assumed that this was supposed to happen. However, it is flagged as unverified on the BGwiki page (and it was randomly added to the page long after it was created). So clarification may be needed, but given that nowhere (except on the page for the ability on BGwiki) is it advertised to do this, that it isn't a bug. Sometimes the wikis have inaccurate information.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-15-2024 at 06:23 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Appreciate your reply, but you made too many assumptions.

I've written this bug report to appeal to the fact that Beastmaster (and subsequent jug pets) are often updated and released 1-2 years after new content. This helps to ensure that Beastmasters are not too powerful for new content (like Sortie, Odyssey, Skirmish, Gaes Fete, Delve, etc), which can have lots of implications for economy, player experience and balance. Sortie was also released almost 2 years ago.

I noticed that SE simply updated the Magic Evasion of all pets in February 2022, which is important in a post-item level Vanadiel. Having said that, I think Run Wild should also be included, to increase Magic Accuracy/Magic Evasion to compensate in that update, but was simply overlooked.

Also, Tandem Strike, which is a passive job trait, gives both master and pet, Accuracy and Magic Accuracy+50 when both are engaged to the same target. It seems silly that Run Wild (a pre-item level ability, was not updated to include item-level boost like Magic Accuracy and Magic Evasion). Even a modest amount, such as Magic Accuracy/Magic Evasion +25 for Run Wild, would be extremely helpful, without eroding balance.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 01-16-2024 at 02:18 AM.
    私の言葉に悪意があるとは考えないでください。

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Appreciate your reply, but you made too many assumptions.
    I mean, you're making too many assumptions too, but only one source out of many says that Magic Accuracy is affected, and even that one source it is not confirmed. So my assumption isn't exactly a wild one. All sources I can find except one do not have this information. The one that does have it is questionable at best.

Also, different abilities are different abilties. You can't just assume one ability does something because a totally different ability does it. So that's multiple assumptions made by you as well.

You can't just take BGWiki as gospel truth. They make mistakes just like every other player-run source. Ultimately, what SE does with this thread will give you your answer.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-16-2024 at 10:37 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I mean, you're making too many assumptions too, but only one source out of many says that Magic Accuracy is affected, and even that one source it is not confirmed. So my assumption isn't exactly a wild one. All sources I can find except one do not have this information. The one that does have it is questionable at best.

Also, different abilities are different abilties. You can't just assume one ability does something because a totally different ability does it. So that's multiple assumptions made by you as well.

You can't just take BGWiki as gospel truth. They make mistakes just like every other player-run source. Ultimately, what SE does with this thread will give you your answer.
    For the second time, my bug report has nothing to do with what BGwiki says. Please stop de-railing my thread(s).
    (1)
    私の言葉に悪意があるとは考えないでください。

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    For the second time, my bug report has nothing to do with what BGwiki says. Please stop de-railing my thread(s).
    I'm not derailing anything. And by posting here, you invite anyone to participate. You don't own the discussion. (In fact, SE does)

You say that it has nothing to do with what BGWiki says. But their page is the only source ANYWHERE that suggests this might be a thing. So if you didn't get this belief that the ability is malfunctioning because it doesn't have this from that, then please tell us what led you to believe the ability has this functionality.

You do this constantly, you invent things that either don't exist or you are unwilling to prove that they exist, but constantly insist that they do. You've implied TH modifiers exist despite SE saying they don't, and you're adding effects to abilities that don't exist, where there is no evidence at all to support them existing. So please: Tell us where you got this idea that Run Wild is supposed to grant Magic Accuracy. Because the game description doesn't say so, FFXIclopedia doesn't say so, BGWiki had that added in later with a verify tag, and none of the cited sources there are either accessible or support the existence of this effect. I can not find anything ANYWHERE to suggest that Magic Accuracy was ever given by Run Wild or ever indicated by the game or any other source of information to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion
    I noticed that SE simply updated the Magic Evasion of all pets in February 2022, which is important in a post-item level Vanadiel. Having said that, I think Run Wild should also be included, to increase Magic Accuracy/Magic Evasion to compensate in that update, but was simply overlooked.
    Also here you basically straight up say you simply want this to be a thing. That doesn't make it a bug if it isn't already a thing. If you had simply posted this in general discussion as a suggestion, we wouldn't be having this conversation- and I'd actually be supporting you because I agree, it probably should be a thing. But it's not a bug that it isn't. This essentially means you're abusing the bug report system to try to get attention from SE.

Make no mistake- like you say with your sig, I bear you no ill will. But you have to back up your statements.
    He's pretty clearly said that he feels that it SHOULD provide MAcc based on the logic that he stated.
    Wanting the ability to have something doesn't mean the fact that it doesn't have it is a bug. This has nothing to do with "cleaning up the forums," it's just a simple fact. If someone says something is a bug and it's not, I'm doing them a service letting them know. Also, this thread was moved to "working as intended," which says that I was correct.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-18-2024 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    . So please: Tell us where you got this idea that Run Wild is supposed to grant Magic Accuracy.
    He's pretty clearly said that he feels that it SHOULD provide MAcc based on the logic that he stated. I'm sure many of us think this would make more sense as a feature request rather than a bug report, but he obviously doesn't agree; he feels that it was an oversight. The game also doesn't tell us that Run Wild provides Acc, Atk, or any other stat, it just says "Your familiar will gain heightened powers, but will disappear when the effect expires." No mention of physical stats only. Granted there's no reason to believe that MAcc should be there, there's also no way to know that it's NOT supposed to be there. Bugs have flown under SE's radar for incredibly long periods before being fixed in the past.

On a personal note, this is exactly why many people have said that you try to force your opinion on people. In your first post, you've posted your opinion on the thread. After your second post, you should understand that you aren't going to change his mind by restating the same arguments/questions in a different form. Also, you don't work for SE; you are not a moderator; it is not your job to decide if people are abusing bug reports or posting in the wrong forums. You've said yourself that SE reads these forums so there's really no reason to try to clean it up for them.
    (3)
    It's your server.