Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinuko View Post
    what is the full context?
    They did LATER say that the reason for the TOS comment was because they felt they were being scammed. But there was no way for any of us to know that was what they meant prior to them mentioning that.

We can't read minds. We can only work with the words we're given.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-19-2024 at 03:51 AM.

Character
    Ahalee
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I think you really should review everything you've posted here to evaluate why someone might say you're being disrespectful.
    I have and I wasn't being disrespectful. I think you should re-read what I posted.

They did LATER say that the reason for the TOS comment was because they felt they were being scammed. But there was no way for any of us to know that was what they meant prior to them mentioning that.

We can't read minds. We can only work with the words we're given.
    I had mentioned before that I wasn't referring to being kicked out of a party under any circumstances. I was just being less specific amount what exactly I meant by it. No one was asking anyone to read minds and it was clear I wasn't saying what you suggested I was.
    (0)

Character
    Bizarro
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I have to commend, and thank you for not continuing the shout drama lately. Outside of the other night, which as you well know I sided with you on, the channel has been back to merc shouts and the occasional ask for help/lfm.

Nothing and no one is ever going to convince you that you were wronged. Regardless of the logic that is used, or how many people tell you so. It is both sad and amazing, but obviously this is just you and your worldview /shrug.

Lets try this part one last time.

Sit down with me somewhere and let's go over sets to see where we can improve your output and survivability on DRG.
    (2)

Character
    Ahalee
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
    I have to commend, and thank you for not continuing the shout drama lately. Outside of the other night, which as you well know I sided with you on, the channel has been back to merc shouts and the occasional ask for help/lfm.

Nothing and no one is ever going to convince you that you were wronged. Regardless of the logic that is used, or how many people tell you so. It is both sad and amazing, but obviously this is just you and your worldview /shrug.

Lets try this part one last time.

Sit down with me somewhere and let's go over sets to see where we can improve your output and survivability on DRG.

So, I personally don't feel that I ever started any drama in the first place. Looking back was doing the PSA shouts to try to deter people from joining Euvedant's party a mistake? Yes they were but only from the standpoint of it was a massive waste of my time and I could have been getting stuff done I actually wanted to do instead of getting ticked off for hours and hours at all the trash being spewed at me and then being further demonized by a fringe minority of the population and having that thrown at me as well.

Would I do it again if I had to do it over again? No way. I would have just let Euvedant shout and eventually tank his rep on a more protracted timeframe but the thing is I was genuinely caught off guard and my first instinct when I'm hit with all that vitriol is to fight back and respond defensively which contributed to a chain reaction of awful for hours on end. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say and in hindsight there is no way I'd do it over again knowing how much time I was going to waste and how pissed off I'd be with nothing to show for it whatsoever.

I'm not sure if that was a typo but I'm already convinced I was wronged. I've been convinced since it happened but the funny thing about the entire situation is that the vast majority of the /yells were not even me bringing up the issue. They were others bringing it up and then trying to pin the whole rehashed discussion of it on me as if I had brought it back up when I was just responding defensively to others' attacks against me.

I got a lot of people that supported me but I'm not gonna throw names out there because it's disrespectful to them and they get attacked. Funny thing though is none of it was supporting me over the Euvedant thing, it was more about how I was being ganged up on and attacked as viciously as I was; and I didn't mind that because I wasn't even that mad about the thing with Euve/Lec and Odyssey in comparison to all the unrelated insults and attacks that people were coming at me with out of nowhere that had nothing to even do with FFXI at all.

As far as gearing Dragoon. I appreciate the offer. I have read the Here be DRGs guide and having looked up some gear sets but I have been working on COR AF. As far as Dragoon though I am planning to upgrade gear based on that guide but I am always open to suggestions, just not attacks and I always have been.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think you really should review everything you've posted here to evaluate why someone might say you're being disrespectful.
    This whole thread needs a chant: "Attica! Attica! Attica!"
    (3)

Character
    Ahalee
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    This whole thread needs a chant: "Attica! Attica! Attica!"
    I don't get the reference.
    (0)

Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    What a shocker.
    (1)

Character
    Ahalee
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinuko View Post
    What a shocker.
    I dont think most people would actually.
    (0)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Pretty sure xi was their highest grossing game pretty sure i read that too but it was overtaken by xiv in 2014 or 16 cant recall
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The deck is stacked in favor of MMOs as even a modestly successful one will earn more money over its lifetime than any non MMO will earn in sales. But at this point FFXIV has earned orders of magnitude more money than FFXI.

To be fair to the rest of the series, it would make more sense to look at sales. FFXI + all its expansions on all platforms (as each one is a sale) has probably outsold some of the earlier games but not more recent ones.
    (0)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8