Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 80
  1. #21
    Player Catmato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    What's your point? I know they're not final fantasy games. They're MMOs that competed with FFXI. Both of which were more successful. FFXI was and is much more of a niche MMO that probably would have faded into obscurity a long time ago if it didn't carry the FF name.
    You were replying to "FFXI was the highest grossing FF game" then proceeded to talk about games that are not FF games, never even mentioning another Final Fantasy game. This is almost certainly also why the other poster correctly said you apparently don't read. While you weren't wrong, none of your post had any relevance in context of what you were replying to.
    (8)
    It's your server.

  2. #22
    Player Dihlyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Posts
    46
    Character
    Emmih
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    What happened?

    The first page of responses were mostly meaningful and the discussion was healthy. The second page went so fast off the rails.

    I am not entirely sure who is responding to who, and I'd not like to step on any toes making any assumptions.



    I would like to thank anyone who contributed with thoughtfulness, and reasoning.

    It is not entirely helpful to say certain phrases against another commenter. I think it would be more helpful to give someone the benefit of the doubt. If someone makes an error in their response it would be considerate to give them the benefit of the doubt, and help clarify any misunderstandings.



    I know the internet is a place of more open speech, and when we are passionate about a video game it is helpful to express that passion, but not letting it go overboard helps SE take into consideration what is being said.



    Someone did respond to me, and I do agree, quitting the game entirely is the most sound choice I can make.

    With that said, I did quit XIV.

    I am just voicing my opinion in regards to my subscription to FFXI is not as "invested" as it could be, due to poor choices at SE regarding other titles.

    I still very much enjoy XI, so we'll see how much I want to continue supporting this particular title.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dihlyte; 01-11-2024 at 09:47 AM.

  3. #23
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    10,127
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    You were replying to "FFXI was the highest grossing FF game" then proceeded to talk about games that are not FF games, never even mentioning another Final Fantasy game. This is almost certainly also why the other poster correctly said you apparently don't read. While you weren't wrong, none of your post had any relevance in context of what you were replying to.
    Well I actually somehow read it as highest grossing MMO or something like that, that's why.

    But it still isn't the highest grossing FF game, FFXIV beat it a long time ago. They charge the same (on average) subscription rates, and have many more value added upsells available that people are happily spending money on. They have more players, and that just adds up to more gross revenue in less time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-11-2024 at 10:45 AM.

  4. #24
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    10,127
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dihlyte View Post
    What happened?

    The first page of responses were mostly meaningful and the discussion was healthy. The second page went so fast off the rails.

    I am not entirely sure who is responding to who, and I'd not like to step on any toes making any assumptions.



    I would like to thank anyone who contributed with thoughtfulness, and reasoning.

    It is not entirely helpful to say certain phrases against another commenter. I think it would be more helpful to give someone the benefit of the doubt. If someone makes an error in their response it would be considerate to give them the benefit of the doubt, and help clarify any misunderstandings.



    I know the internet is a place of more open speech, and when we are passionate about a video game it is helpful to express that passion, but not letting it go overboard helps SE take into consideration what is being said.



    Someone did respond to me, and I do agree, quitting the game entirely is the most sound choice I can make.

    With that said, I did quit XIV.

    I am just voicing my opinion in regards to my subscription to FFXI is not as "invested" as it could be, due to poor choices at SE regarding other titles.

    I still very much enjoy XI, so we'll see how much I want to continue supporting this particular title.
    I don't see any "overboard" discussion going on here. SE is well aware of the state of their games and what most of the rest of the discussion was about was that. They made financial business decisions to take their games in the directions they have. No amount of passion expressed by us is going to sway them in another direction, because at the end of the day, SQUARE ENIX is a huge corporation and makes all of its decisions about its projects based on the financials.

    SE will read these posts, I know some of their community reps and I know they read this stuff and pass things on where they can. Beyond that though, it would be unwise to expect any sort of change from making a thread where you basically threaten to quit.

    It does seem strange to me to hear you say you quit the game that they are currently actively supporting and developing new content for, because that seems to be your main point of consternation with FFXI. Of course, in fairness, the same sort of thing will very likely happen with FFXIV in another ten years. Let's just hope they don't make an FFXVII Online.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-11-2024 at 10:43 AM.

  5. #25
    Player Immortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    417
    Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Well I actually somehow read it as highest grossing MMO or something like that, that's why.

    But it still isn't the highest grossing FF game, FFXIV beat it a long time ago. They charge the same (on average) subscription rates, and have many more value added upsells available that people are happily spending money on. They have more players, and that just adds up to more gross revenue in less time.
    You literally can't make this up, look at this guys posts. He literally just confirmed he did not read my post, and even attacked me in his previous post saying I was the one not reading lol. YOU ARE NOT READING POSTS, YOU ARE LITERALLY INSERTING YOUR WEIRD OPINION INTO POSTS TO HURRILY ATTACK PEOPLE lmao.

    -FFXI was, WAS <---- , the highest grossing FINAL FANTASY game. This is a fact, the reason its not anymore and XIV overtook it is because the stupid company running it into the ground has dumped countless resources into XIV and almost 0 into XI. XIV has had banners in times sq in NYC, so much funding and ridiculous commercials with celebrities and XI has had literally 0 of that in all of its time. You could argue it had more success with much more limited resources in comparison to what they dumped into XIV.

    So lets recap so you can understand this clearly, you are wrong and arguing something completely off topic.
    (5)

  6. #26
    Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Gridania XD
    Posts
    259
    For some1 who likes to do bragging rights, he didn't even notice there's a "WAS", & even comparing to non FF, then later ignoring that "WAS" again by saying "but FF14 beat that long time ago".

    Srsly, put that guy in ignore list like I do. I had like enough of having the recent "Ahalee" incident during my free login on Bahamut which stays like the ENTIRE free login time, & seeing ppl kept feeding the troll to make it even worse, & y'all just did similarly. -_-
    (1)
    Last edited by BobbinT; 01-11-2024 at 07:54 PM.

  7. #27
    Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2024
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dihlyte View Post
    I am just voicing my opinion in regards to my subscription to FFXI is not as "invested" as it could be, due to poor choices at SE regarding other titles.

    I still very much enjoy XI, so we'll see how much I want to continue supporting this particular title.
    Personally, I don't see myself resubbing (only playing during Return to Vana campaigns) unless they start showing some more respect for this game and its fans. Giving SE money for how they're treating the game at this stage feels like saying "Yeah I'm ok with this, keep doing it." I think I'll let all the multiboxers, ban-immune bots/RMTers and mercs fund the backend upgrades in the meantime

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    I had like enough of having the recent "Ahalee" incident during my free login on Bahamut which stays like the ENTIRE free login time
    lmao, I logged on right in the middle of that too.
    (1)

  8. #28
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    10,127
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal
    omg so strange lmao. You are reporting people for pointing out that you are wrong
    I'm reporting posts for flaming, not for being wrong. There is a massive, gargantuan, huge, enourmous difference. Maybe you missed this part of my post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    I made an error. I admitted that error. There is no justification for your behavior.
    Reporting your post has nothing to do with being right or wrong about anything, and everything to do with toxic behavior.

    You also mock me for my style of typing, I feel offended and maybe you should report yourself
    It's not a "style of typing," it's deliberate aggression.

    Look man, I gave you your opportunity to dial this back or otherwise deal with it in a civilized manner, and clearly you just want to smear me and troll. I admitted my error, which it was nothing more than that, and here you are still giving me a hard time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-16-2024 at 10:56 AM.

  9. #29
    Player Immortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    417
    Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    lol deliberate aggression but you are the one reporting people. Nothing in my posts is flaming or aggressive, you are just upset you were wrong and called out on it. Isn't it easier to just say, oops i misread that my bad. Instead you are reporting people, whos the one being toxic here?
    (2)

  10. #30
    Player Sp1cyryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,101
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    lol whos the one being toxic here?
    "OMG, so strange", it is you. You just aren't self-aware is all.
    (1)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast