Thread: TETRA MASTER

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    I used to play it during maintences, theres 0 chance they would bring it back though. They have slashed the budget so much, they even got rid of the vanadiel live that probably costed them almost nothing to upkeep.
    I don't think its much of a loss to be frank. they just kept the camera in the same place for like the last 8-10 years. If it showed different stuff on a rotation or something, it might have been a little more worthwhile. Instead they just plopped the camera in a zone with people in it without any regard for how interesting of a location it is.
    (0)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I honestly don't even remember playing this tbh lol......maybe once? Kind of a "You never know what got til its' gone" type of deal. Of course I want to play it now, that I can't, but didn't when I could.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    They actually had unique cards too that weren't in the original game, I have tried to find them and their pictures but never was able to.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They actually had unique cards too that weren't in the original game, I have tried to find them and their pictures but never was able to.
    I have a yt vid where i just go through my collection and play a game or two but it was far from a complete collection.
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'd have to imagine those were stored client-side; if you could find a physical install disk and install to a computer without updating, they'd be in the TETRA MASTER directory which seems to be missing from digital installations.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenion View Post
    I'd have to imagine those were stored client-side; if you could find a physical install disk and install to a computer without updating, they'd be in the TETRA MASTER directory which seems to be missing from digital installations.
    I still have the original 5 disc installation set that included RoZ, along with my original CoP disc set. Operating systems are Windows 98/ 98SE/ Me/ 2000/ XP.
    There's probably a way a more tech-savvy person can use Disc 5 [that has Tetra Master and POL viewer on it] to get all the cards if they had that disc, but not in my ability.
    Still have the whole box, instruction manual (with registration codes in back cover flap), and even the Best Buy receipt in it.
    Gosh, back when /shout and /yell didn't even exist yet.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Well if yall find it, let me know lol. I was trying to find them because I had an artist on Etsy who makes Tetra Master/Triple Triad actual physical cards and they did both sets for me. I then asked them if they could do the XI ones and they said they had no idea they existed. Some of the cards were like Beatrix, FF10 characters? I can't remember, I had some that were never in FF9 so I remember they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I have a yt vid where i just go through my collection and play a game or two but it was far from a complete collection.
    Yeah I saw that video, that would be nice to see with them all complete.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I still have my disc-install going from before 2010, when I switched to Linux, and the TetraMaster directory is only 5.2 MiB.

It looks like it might have had 250 cards (150 from FFIX, 100 from FFX), and looking at a PlayOnline greeting card, which is 44,2 KiB, I suppose 250 of them could make about 12 MiB and images don't tend to compress well beyond png/jpg/etc.

I also seem to have empty 'music' and 'se' directories under 'data/WIN/sound', so it would seem like not all of it is there.

I suspect actually launching the game would have downloaded a lot of things, which I don't think I ever did for some reason. I suppose doing that probably came with an additional fee which I did not want to pay.

Might check a look into the couple of different discs I have, to see if any of them have any more data with them (would /think/ that they'd include at least /some/ to make downloads smaller but... yeah...).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    I still have my disc-install going from before 2010, when I switched to Linux, and the TetraMaster directory is only 5.2 MiB.

It looks like it might have had 250 cards (150 from FFIX, 100 from FFX), and looking at a PlayOnline greeting card, which is 44,2 KiB, I suppose 250 of them could make about 12 MiB and images don't tend to compress well beyond png/jpg/etc.

I also seem to have empty 'music' and 'se' directories under 'data/WIN/sound', so it would seem like not all of it is there.

I suspect actually launching the game would have downloaded a lot of things, which I don't think I ever did for some reason. I suppose doing that probably came with an additional fee which I did not want to pay.

Might check a look into the couple of different discs I have, to see if any of them have any more data with them (would /think/ that they'd include at least /some/ to make downloads smaller but... yeah...).
    I wonder if they'd use the dat file format they use for stuff in-game, since that seems to be both model and texture. Some of those are pretty small, and I imagine a 3D model and rigging would be the larger part of one. Of course, that's still like... 250 files that would be hanging around somewhere, so it would be pretty obvious if they were around anywhere. Might have been a patch you downloaded when you first ran Tetra Master or something. I really hope not, that would mean having to find someone who played Tetra Master back when it was a thing, and hasn't uninstalled from, formatted, or lost access to the machine they were playing on at that time.

I've got a laptop somewhere which might still be able to boot which had FFXI on it before Tetra Master ended, if I remember correctly, but I never played it so unless that was pushed as general PlayOnline content it wouldn't be there. I'll take a look and see just in case. (EDIT: No dice. The laptop won't boot and I don't have kit handy to recover data from a non-SSD laptop hard drive.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenion; 04-25-2024 at 10:10 PM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I wonder if they'd use the dat file format they use for stuff in-game, since that seems to be both model and texture.
    Ah, yeah, probably plausible if not very likely even, but yep, still not much there.

Was thinking if they had removed files via an update or something, but I'm pretty sure I never launched the game, and I do have an older state of the directory around still too, just without the FFXI one. That directory is similar though it is missing the 'data' directory as well...

(EDIT: No dice. The laptop won't boot and I don't have kit handy to recover data from a non-SSD laptop hard drive.)
    Won't even power on?

I have one oldie laptop around, which refused to power on with the battery attached, which is dead. If it does power on, could use any Linux/other boot disc/USB thinger I suppose to go looking at least.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast