Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    DQ10
    I thought DQ10 was turned single player?
    (1)

Player
    Nah, the online version is still going in addition to an offline version being available. It's even getting a new expac this March, I believe.

cries in FFXI
    (0)

Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The main question now is will SE listen to our concerns, just in time for Round 2? I hope they do. Also, I don't know why couldn't get the 10,000 exemplar points for some reason, even though Round 1 is now over. Guessing I can get them next week on update.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RichLester View Post
    Also, I don't know why couldn't get the 10,000 exemplar points for some reason, even though Round 1 is now over. Guessing I can get them next week on update.
    Yeah I suspect that will be possible after the version update, though they do word it in-game like you should use your points /during/ the event... and the UI options certainly seem unfinished.

Edit:

Hrm. Looks like it is indeed unintended that the option is visible at all [1], but I'm unsure if it was ever intended to be there. They don't seem to mention it on the Vana'Bout website either.

1. Current Known Issue (Jan. 4, 5)
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 01-06-2024 at 05:54 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by chief_bigman View Post
    Nah, the online version is still going in addition to an offline version being available. It's even getting a new expac this March, I believe.

cries in FFXI
    Has it gone to other platforms? Didn't it originally launch on the Wii?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Yeah I suspect that will be possible after the version update, though they do word it in-game like you should use your points /during/ the event... and the UI options certainly seem unfinished.

Edit:

Hrm. Looks like it is indeed unintended that the option is visible at all [1], but I'm unsure if it was ever intended to be there. They don't seem to mention it on the Vana'Bout website either.

1. Current Known Issue (Jan. 4, 5)
    I reported this bug, although it was EXP, not exemplar points, listed in the menu. They always spell out Exemplar points to avoid confusion with EXP.

That menu is apparently not supposed to be there at all. Though it may have been intended to be some sort of participation prize if you didn't get enough plaudits.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I reported this bug, although it was EXP, not exemplar points.
    Just out of curiosity, why would you choose EXP?
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why would you choose EXP?
    There was no choice. It was the only thing listed. And it didn't actually work either.

This is not the menu where you choose Exemplar Points or Job points for the Gold tier. This had no tier at all, no plaudits required, and EXP as the only reward. Based on the known issue listed, the menu option isn't supposed to be there at all.

For clarity: The Exemplar Points are one of the Personal Rewards, earned for Plaudits.

The Overall Reward(s) is the bonus campaign among the periodic set of campaigns. But in-game, there is a "check overall rewards" command, which brings up an option to claim 10,000 EXP (that's Experience Points, not Exemplar Points). It does not work, but apparently this option isn't even supposed to be there. It seems there was to be a claimable reward for the overall rewards instead of the campaign but they didn't end up doing that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-07-2024 at 09:48 AM.

Player
    Has it gone to other platforms? Didn't it originally launch on the Wii?
    I think it came out on PC at the same time? That's the version I play. And I believe it's on the Switch and PS5. I'm pretty sure it even had a 3DS version.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I reported this bug, although it was EXP, not exemplar points, listed in the menu. They always spell out Exemplar points to avoid confusion with EXP.
    It was only experience points for me at first too, but after a while (of everyone doing the thing more?), examapopos appeared to my list as well.

From that I was guessing if you did things enough, more stuff will appear, but yeah, not sure now what their intentions with it were.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 01-07-2024 at 09:42 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast