Player

pcmd sub command question

how do we turn off quartermaster using /pcmd looter?
    (2)

Good morning! Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums.

We apologize for any inconvenience that has occurred when playing Final Fantasy XIV. Unfortunately, the issue you are describing does not appear to be a technical issue. I will go ahead and move this thread to “General Discussion" instead. With regards to your concern, this issue would be general gameplay hints & tips. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any official support for such concerns and advise that you check various resources such as web sites, video guides and asking fellow players within the game and forums here to see if they may have information to share. If you feel this is a bug, you are welcome to submit a bug report in the appropriate forum section.

Thank you once again for visiting the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums!
    (0)

Character
    Xorlo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Really helpful. It's a basic command question that you can actually answer. Not some tip and/or trick.

Way to fail. Waste an hour on a corporate speak response that has to be approved by 10 people instead of just answering that it can't be done.
    (1)
    Last edited by Urioh; 12-07-2023 at 12:00 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 69
    I like the 'XIV' part of the reply. ^^;

That aside, I don't think there is a way to toggle the option the other way via a text command, or, being undocumented, no one figured out the how yet.

I can't really think of a legitimate use-case for doing it that way in any case.
    (2)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~

Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Easiest way to turn off QM on a party member is to say in party chat to have party leader turn it off so everyone can lot on the items, especially if other party members didn't notice it WAS on or what that dot meant.
    If they haven't turned it off by near the middle or end of fight, then just have everyone log off from the party mid-fight so the leader dies and no one gets any drops. Then never use that person again for a fight and make sure (via /yell?) that everyone else knows this person is a user/leech, too.
    We had (notice past tense there) a few players on Asura back in the day that did this in Dynamis and Abyssea runs, and after they were publicly announced, they either left server, left game, or were never a party leader again.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Now, don't hate on me for saying this but:

The best solution is to just not use quartermaster. It is better to just tell people to lot/pass on things. This is generally accepted and the only reason to use quarter is you don't trust anyone in your group- but if that's the case none of them probably trust you either and probably wouldn't join a party using quartermaster in the first place.

I had the same linkshell for a very, very long time. We never used quartermaster. If a drop was for a specific person, they would lot it and everyone else would pass. This also helps avoid inventory related issues, as someone can hold on passing if the person needs to free inventory space so the item doesnt fall to the ground.
    (0)