Good day, adventurers!

The summer heatwave continues, but we're finally starting to see the first signs of autumn now that we're in September.

As the seasons begin to change, the Japan-only Treasures of Vana'diel exhibit recently wrapped up at the Yurakucho Marui building here in Tokyo.

I was told that many people traveled from far and wide to the exhibit and that there were even some super-dedicated fans who visited multiple times. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and maybe even used the event as an opportunity to catch up with their linkshell buddies. Thanks again to all of you for braving the heat to enjoy the many treasures that Vana'diel has to offer!

There were many precious items from the game's storied history on display, including a variety of materials created by the development team over the years, original artwork for The Voracious Resurgence by Akihiro Yamada, an illustration from Tetsuya Nomura entitled Kyodai ("Brothers"), and much more. Speaking of precious items, we were also able to feature one of the PlayStation 2 T10000 development kits, which are usually only found behind the scenes, so I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Sony Interactive Entertainment for helping to make it happen.

In other news, I'd like to talk about this month's version update.

First of all, as I mentioned in the forums, we've implemented some changes regarding the difficulty of the Lower Sortie boss when using a stage four Prime Weapon.

You can now choose whether the boss's difficulty level will change or not based on your weapon, so I recommend you select the normal difficulty level if you're still lacking the necessary upgrade materials. I apologize for any confusion or concern that this issue may have caused you.

Elsewhere, the Mamool Ja and Antlions will be returning to Ambuscade.

We're also adding a new battlefield to the Master Trials. Try taking on this ultra-hard difficulty level once you've completed your Prime Weapon! The two brothers are eagerly awaiting your challenge.

I hope you continue to enjoy FINAL FANTASY XI.
Safe journeys!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
SeptemberRecords of Eminence・Update monthly objectives -
Content and System-related
SeptemberAmbuscade・Replace notorious monsters -
SeptemberSortie・Adjustments related to changes in difficulty -
SeptemberMaster Trials・Add content -
Battle-related
SeptemberAreas・Remove level difference penalty from certain areas -