Character
    Laraul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 97

Bringing the Japanese client clock to all

The japanese client clock displays a japanese kanji character over the "day" orb. This character, regardless if you know it's meaning or not, makes the clock a lot more readable as it provides more visual information (pattern of lines) to help identify the day.

This is a win-win for everyone. Albeit ppl are going to complain and moan about it at first. They WILL adjust. Give them two weeks.
    (0)

Character
    Laciante
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 93
    the JP client has the daily kanji over the orb?!
    Y'know... there are a lot of things like this and the ability to write in kana/kanji that should be ported to NA/EU clients... regardless if you can make use of them. This is a Japanese game, there's no need to be shy about it...
    (2)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Kanji certainly would help colorblind players! I'm not even colorblind, and even I have trouble distinguishing between Earthsday and Darksday (and I know the kanji "chi" and "yami" already, so it's not like it'd be anything strange at all). ><;
    (2)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    That really would come in handy, i hate to see that little circle colored, almost all the time i just recognise ice-day and fire-day, the others.... no coments, lol
    (0)

I would prefer just a straight up icon to text replacement for day and weather.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    i think the kanji would be an addition that would be acceptable, however i think it vital to point out that if you type /clock or go to the current time in the list and click it twice, one time turns off the clock and the 2nd time turns it back on, it will tell you the time for both vanadiel and earth, including the day of the vanadiel week.
    (0)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Gnoir
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    I agree its sometimes a little dificult to tell what day it is. I just use /clock twice to be able to tell the day and though, not hard by hard by any means, I am admittedly lazy by nature. Lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Gnoir; 05-01-2011 at 01:10 AM. Reason: grammatical errors fixed
    "Say what you feel, because the people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter" (Dr. Seuss 1904-1991)

Typing "/clock on
    " makes it so you don't have to type twice.
    (0)

Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'll agree with this suggestion as long as it's optional. I'm just fine with the icons, and the colors have become second nature for me.
    (0)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Character
    Teakwood
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I have no trouble at all with the colours, but I know several people who are colour-blind, and this would help them out a great deal.
    (0)