Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That's why I would like Fujito to give us an update on plans for the next 12 months to put us at ease. I still think having a new quest-based area, like abyssea did, would be a good idea but needs to be well planned. Could even have certain sections of the area enter a field like domain invasion where anyone can kill mobs like in campaign battles. All types of quests (gathering stuff, killing mobs). Something for us to run around & do stuff in, instead of constantly doing the same runs in sortie again & again.
    (0)

2. 08-19-2023 07:56 AM

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Demanding respect because we are paying customers, ever heard of that?

We respect them, I personally love this game and have defended the devs many times. My issue isn't with them, its with the money hungry parent company SE that has apparently decided to starve this game. They deserve every ire they get from people.

We are saying we want content as paying customers, I dont think thats whining and crying for no reason. You might be happy not getting any content, clearly because you are an XIV player and couldn't give a crap about this game.

There is no weirdness in the hatred, its blatant and obvious. They milked XI dry for years to support that abomination, including after its initial failure. The state XI is in now is almost directly related to XIV. Its not a wonder why most dislike XIV as a result. Its what makes money now, of course, because they poured all their resources into it since day1. Funny how that works.
    The attitudes of entitlement are so ridiculous with some of the most vocal remaining fanboys. You are paying in exchange for a service. That doesn't entitle you to some personal notion of respect. It is an exchange, and that is it. Thinking you are supposed to get your feet rubbed or something after the fact and that they are supposed to keep doing what you want or forever develop the game is ridiculous.
    You are "demoralized" because you refuse to accept the way things are. If they pulled the plug on the game you would still sit there posting about FF14 and how they should have put more into 11 and blamed people like me for saying you are full of it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 08-19-2023 at 11:44 PM.

Character
    Nebelheim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    The attitudes of entitlement are so ridiculous with some of the most vocal remaining fanboys. You are paying in exchange for a service. That doesn't entitle you to some personal notion of respect. It is an exchange, and that is it. Thinking you are supposed to get your feet rubbed or something after the fact and that they are supposed to keep doing what you want or forever develop the game is ridiculous.
    You are "demoralized" because you refuse to accept the way things are. If they pulled the plug on the game you would still sit there posting about FF14 and how they should have put more into 11 and blamed people like me for saying you are full of it.
    I agree people like them act entitled and there the same people who would be the types that would attack the devs for the various things they did at various points in the games history like the salvage bans. Then they demand respect from the devs when they show no respect for the devs. The people demanding respect has the most karen levels of "i want to speak to your manager" levels of entitlement with there demands. People always seem to put blame onto ff14 and its community for them putting 11 in maintenance mode and thinks that if ff14 didn't exist they would still be putting massive resources into 11. I'm sad the game is going into permanent maintenance mode but I'm glad the game is still running, and they decided to not pull the plug and the game is still preserved for the foreseeable future.
    (1)
    Last edited by Arciela; 08-20-2023 at 03:28 AM.

Character
    Siegmont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Personally, I wanted Olzhirya (Mithra Homeland) and the Orc Continent up North, but oh well....
    I would love this as well. More story and more exploration is always great to add.

To everyone else. I have already mentioned this on Reddit. It's easy to judge Mr.Fujito for the situation he is in. I have enjoyed EVERYTHING that Mr.Fujito and Mr. Matsui have done with a ever dwindling staff count and budget. It truly shows (from my view point) the ability to still bring out quality work even though they have almost nothing to work with. Like Mr. Fujito said it would be cheaper and easier to remake the game than to try and port the game data from from the PS2 Development environment. I have already seen people try and port over model and map data to UE4 but even then its just that. Also even if the the game were to get a sequel or remake it is not guaranteed that they would see a profit. Look already how divided people are on the game now and what was said in the article. You are entitled to nothing in life, this is a fact. You are more than welcome to have a dislike of certain things or how something turned out. But it doesn't mean you are entitled to anything. Please show Mr.Fujito the respect he deserves for the hard work he still does for the game.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    I agree people like them act entitled and there the same people who would be the types that would attack the devs for the various things they did at various points in the games history like the salvage bans. Then they demand respect from the devs when they show no respect for the devs. The people demanding respect has the most karen levels of "i want to speak to your manager" levels of entitlement with there demands. People always seem to put blame onto ff14 and its community for them putting 11 in maintenance mode and thinks that if ff14 didn't exist they would still be putting massive resources into 11. I'm sad the game is going into permanent maintenance mode but I'm glad the game is still running, and they decided to not pull the plug and the game is still preserved for the foreseeable future.
    We honestly lucked out that they chose to preserve the game in maintenance mode rather than pull the plug. Despite the ignorant and constant comparisons to 14, 11 was going to end otherwise. So these people need to stop feeling that their pathetic subscription fee entitles them to eat their cake and have it too.
    (2)

Character
    Nebelheim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    We honestly lucked out that they chose to preserve the game in maintenance mode rather than pull the plug. Despite the ignorant and constant comparisons to 14, 11 was going to end otherwise. So these people need to stop feeling that their pathetic subscription fee entitles them to eat their cake and have it too.
    Right from the interview it seems there only options was shutdown or put it in maintenance mode. Im happy we still get access to the game even in its maintenance mode but people seem to always be unhappy and want to put blame on something and the thing that gets all the blame is ff14. The people that are demanding respect from the devs should be happy it will remain online when they could have shut down the game a year ago which they came close to doing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Arciela; 08-20-2023 at 08:41 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    11 was going to end otherwise.
    Given the sheer level of botting in all zones, I'd say it's already ended.
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Given the sheer level of botting in all zones, I'd say it's already ended.
    Isn't all MMORPG done then since botting is in all games?
    (2)

Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    So, I'm probably a minority since I play this game casually a couple of months a year, so I don't really have an issue with the changes. All I do is either play on new characters, do story stuff, or do Ambuscade to gear up or build relics that I never could back in the good old days.

I no longer treat this game as my main MMO like I did back in 2005-2012.

Although, I'm worried about the future of the game. I don't want to see the game to be shut down. There are so many memories. And I wouldn't want to have to go to a PS.
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinuko View Post
    Isn't all MMORPG done then since botting is in all games?
    Yes and no. However in this case, there apparently seems to be very little policing on the matter.
    They are literately everywhere and some are breaking rules in the highest degree and have been doing it for years on end. It's gotten to the point where they are so brazen about it due to the apparent lack of enforcement.

The Locus camps are almost entirely botted and I'm not just referring to RMT, I'm talking about average players too. West Ronfaure has also become a haven for bots, so much so that any new players may even struggle to find a monster to fight.

I've played FFXI for many years and I've never seen anything like it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 08-21-2023 at 04:52 PM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast