Character
    Jedigamer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Sortie is too much for this old game - a note for the game devs

I've been playing this game on the same character with the same name since PS2 launch, and have happily enjoyed this game for many many years. I've been leading a small group of players through the Odyssey grind for roughly two years, and have been doing my best to keep the group together through sortie. Upon realizing that one weapon would cost us one hour each and every day (not including gather time, /yelling to fill out spots, party configuration, and strategy discussions) for at a bare minimum 6 months per weapon, I had two people drop from my group. Since finding new people would make the unbelievable grind take even longer, I've decided to mostly stop doing Sortie all together. I might join a shout group, but I've accepted that a stage 4 or 5 weapon is out of reach for me.

This isn't a message to get community sympathy, but moreso a message to the people running the game that this new content is toxic. Without a major change to this grind, I doubt anyone other than a select few will be able to take a weapon to stage 5. Congratulations to those of you who can make it but I personally don't have it in me. At least I have 1.2m muffins and 27 starstones stored up to finish taking my empy gear to +3.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jedigamer; 07-19-2023 at 11:18 AM.

Character
    Aydaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree with All this..and yes we had to drop a vew ppl out of the static we were in du to there weapon making it harder for the mobs they made this sortie to short for 1 hr is just not enough time... They made it so people would quit this game in general...
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's a little too regimented for me, a bit like a job. Meet at so-so time every day is getting a little OTT.

Not only that, I'm not sure my brain is designed to deal with that much purple.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Not to mention the content itself is BORING, sorry but after Odyssey this was a huge step down
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It's a little too regimented for me, a bit like a job. Meet at so-so time every day is getting a little OTT.

Not only that, I'm not sure my brain is designed to deal with that much purple.
    I could not agree with you more. I really wish each segment of Sortie could be configured with a different color or even have the walls/floors changed completely. I have an astigmatism and wear corrective lens, but I just can't stare at purple Sortie for an hour every day. When I think about other kinds of daily content, even going back to Einherjar, I did not feel this level of eye strain or fatigue.

Anyway, I think Sortie should have a different color per section and a filter that can be toggled to soften the walls/floors to be easier to look at.

I don't understand why SE wouldn't consider this.
    (1)