Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ragnarzero
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Dev/Team Please Consider doing this for Prime Weapons

We all know Sortie and Prime Weapons is the last big thing to come to FFXI and will probably will be the last big thing as the Dev team has been downsized. But Being a 40+ year old Player (that started this game before COP) and came back to it a few years ago, i don't have the Time in a day to grind out 1 Million (then eventually 2.5 Mil, then who knows how much Gallimaufry).

I fully understand that the Dev team wants us to play and enjoy the game and play the content they made and not just blow thought all the content and then be done with it. But people now have multiple jobs and would enjoy making multiple of these if it didn't take months to farm enough Gallimaufry to get these done. Yes there is teams out there doing 65k per run, but most people do 20-30k normally maybe even up to 40k, but i know there is solo players that average 10-14k a run and it would take them 6 months of farming every day for those 6 months.

My recommendation Cut the cost of Gallimaufry in Half, (at least but 1/2 is fair), But Double or increase the number of Voracious Psyche needed, as these are capped at 5 per month, it would extend the time needed to get a prime weapon and keep it gated still, but it lowers people's time commitment in farming Gallimaufry 1 hour a day for months on end. We are not 20 year old's any more we have families, Jobs etc we just don't all have that kind of time any more.

Advantages to this it would also allow people to upgrade more empyrean armor to Stage 2/3 and not feel like it sets you back 2-3 farming runs. It also would help with burn out, I know a lot of people burn out doing Odyssey (I've had 2 statics break on me as i got V15 unlocks) I would just hate to see the same happen for Sortie. There is less incentive to do Sortie then Odyssey as with Odyssey you can make decent Gil doing farming runs of points with Sortie there isn't that extra incentive so it feels more like a Chore.

I realize that nothing will come of this as I'm not even sure the Developers read these (or support) but as a Dev my self I see this as a way to make the it less of a grind and help improve the user experience, i know myself would make multiple prime weapons if i could but not if i need to fame 3.5+Million Gallimaufry (I image the last step will me 5-10 mil) I don't even think I'll be able to do one as it would take me 140 farming runs (getting 25k per run) that is over 4 months of farming every day 1hr, 140hrs of farming for a weapon that we don't even know will be good or not that we could use outside of Sortie. I don't know about you, but I don't think i want to sink that much time into a maybe.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'd rather the requirements for the armor upgrades be reduced instead. Far greater odds of that in my opinion and it benefits a lot more people.
    (0)

Character
    Ragnarzero
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    even that would help things out. but i still feel like a reduction in the amount of Galli is needed or most people will burn out trying to make prime weapons.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarzero View Post
    even that would help things out. but i still feel like a reduction in the amount of Galli is needed or most people will burn out trying to make prime weapons.
    Too bad. No weapon for them.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarzero View Post
    Won't happen, the people who would actually go for them already made relics and mythics and such and they're used to endless grinds.
    (0)

Character
    Ragnarzero
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    as someone who has made 3 Empy, 2 mythics, and 3 Relics i am well aware of the grind involved. Prime weapons are a whole another level of grind. I just feel that that Galli numbers are a touch to high. Another way they could offset things is have Starstones, Sapphires and maybe even Essence tradeable to an amount of Galli, something like 5k, 10k, 50k or something that would just cut down on the grind time and make it accessible to more people.
    (0)

Player
    The problem isn't how long they take to make, it's how much effort you have to put in every day and how long it takes every day.
    (0)

Character
    Clamo
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

nobody has the time

unless you are retired, or a kid, or rich. nobody has the time to do what they are asking for any of it. ya sure it don't take much time to get to 99, or the original story line missions now. but other old stuff does.

like this: "Glavoid Shell" they need to make another way to obtain these, Or increase the amount they drop as 2 is a ridiculous amount for the time required, for a weapon that's out dated. tried to day and ran out of time, 1st attempt never even got all required items to pop boss for them.

Relic: takes WAY to long to unlock and its out dated. same with ALL the other gear. takes to long to get. I will probably just finish all the abyssea crap as fast as I can. and see how the rest of the last of the story missions go. cant seem to finish Rhapsodies. then quit. I love this game BUT I don't have the time to get all this crap to complete the game.

heard they plan on making an off line version of this game in 3 years so......
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by clamo View Post
    heard they plan on making an off line version of this game in 3 years so......
    You have a knack for making things up.
    (0)

Player
    An offline version of the game would be like a cherished pet you stuffed and put on the shelf.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast