World: Leviathan

Main Job: Thf 99 or Blm 99

Support Job: Dnc or Sch

Area and Coordinates: Rabao

Party or Solo: Solo

NPC Name: Dancing Wolf

Monster Name: N/A

Steps:
    1. I have not been able to get the cutscene from Dancing Wolf to retrieve all the stolen memories from Voracious Resurgence mission 7-4. I still have the Key Item: "Memorian, the Magicked Doll" and not the "Depleted Memorian". I logged out of my laptop in front of Dancing Wolf without speaking to him. Then logged in on my desktop and spoke to him, but he only says "I've been sent here on business. A nice place this Rabao is."

2. I have gotten the correct cutscenes from Palborough Mines, Honoi-Gomoi, and Ghatsad. I visited them all twice to make sure I hadn't missed any of them.

3. Additionally I have completed VR 7-4 and gotten the Elite Royal Collar along with a cutscene with the Memorian stating there were still stolen memories. This being included indicates that you can get these after completing 7-4.

4. I have also spoken to Rahal and to Shantotto to no effect.

5. I have attempted logging out and back in.

6. I have posted this before and several other people are having the same issue, someone has incorrectly moved the previous thread to the "Not a Bug" section and I can no longer reply to it. This is a bug, Rahi Fohlatti's cutscene in the same zone is broken as it doesn't play the correct cutscene, instead repeating her dialogue saying she doesn't remember anything and Dancing Wolf's cutscene fails to play for some users. I talked to all of the above npcs after finishing 7-3 but before completing 7-4. I've also tried several times after completing 7-4. Please do not say this isn't a bug, unless you can explain what we are missing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Teraphim; 06-06-2023 at 02:13 AM. Reason: typo
    Surviving the biggest crisis of your life is all well and good, but just remember that you'll have nothing left to do after it's over. -GS

Player
    Are you sure that this cutscene exists?
    (0)

Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Are you sure that this cutscene exists?
    Yes, you can view it on YouTube. Dancing Wolf's just doesn't play for some people. Rahi's cutscene attempts to play, but she just repeats her previous dialogue.
    (0)
    Surviving the biggest crisis of your life is all well and good, but just remember that you'll have nothing left to do after it's over. -GS

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's not a bug. The wiki is most likely simply wrong and you can't complete these side objectives after the mission is done. I've yet to see anyone show that they actually can. So, bad design, yes. Bug, no.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-06-2023 at 06:18 AM.

Player
    Might wanna bring this up to wiki folks as well, they do have their own discord (links on their web as well), which I did request for error clarification & they later on did remedy this.
    (0)

Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not a bug. The wiki is most likely simply wrong and you can't complete these side objectives after the mission is done. I've yet to see anyone show that they actually can. So, bad design, yes. Bug, no.
    It is bugged, the Rahi section is for sure and I firmly believe that Dancing Wolf is as well. The first npc I spoke to when doing these was Dancing Wolf so the bug happened before I finished the mission 7-4, but finishing the mission doesn't stop you from getting these cutscenes.
    You said you haven't done the mission 7-4, so you wouldn't know, but there is a cutscene at the end of that mission where the Memorian doll can give one of two responses: either it tells you that you've gathered all of the memories or it tells you that you have more to go.

The intended function is that you can collect the memories after mission 7-4 is finished, it's not bad design, it's bad implementation. Hence it's bugged and needs a fix. The better question is how do I get someone from SE to look at this obvious error?
    (0)

Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65
    Here is a video showing the broken cutscene for Rahi Fohlatti: https://www.youtube.com/live/wRSthfH...e=share&t=1540

The section with Dancing Wolf is right before that, I won't link it due to spoilers, but it shows the cutscene as this player has finished mission 7-3 but before they start 7-4. That's the same point I attempted to get those cutscenes.

At the end of 7-4 is the where the Memorian tells you if you found all the memories or not. This player got them all as show here: https://www.youtube.com/live/wRSthfH...e=share&t=4578
    (0)

Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65
    After some more searching I found a streamer who had this happen to them! They played through 7-2, 7-3, attempted to get the cutscenes, and then did 7-4 all in one stream.

Here's where he goes to Rabao and speaks to Dancing Wolf and Rahi Fohlatti:
    https://youtu.be/9hU03M7x_YU?t=4615

And here's the Memorian saying memories remain and the player going back to speak to Dancing Wolf and still not getting the cutscene:
    https://youtu.be/9hU03M7x_YU?t=6966

This is a bug!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The intended function is that you can collect the memories after mission 7-4 is finished,
    Like I said before, the only source we have to suggest that is an intended function is the wikis stating that it is possible. SE/the devs have never stated one way or the other directly, but them not filing it under accepted bugs says that they don't think it is.

Unless you have and present some sort of official source stating that its possible, any argument that it is intended to be possible is conjecture.
    (0)

Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Like I said before, the only source we have to suggest that is an intended function is the wikis stating that it is possible. SE/the devs have never stated one way or the other directly, but them not filing it under accepted bugs says that they don't think it is.

Unless you have and present some sort of official source stating that its possible, any argument that it is intended to be possible is conjecture.
    First off, we don't know the intended function without an official source, so your theory is equally just conjecture. I have shown the evidence that at the end of 7-4 Memorian actually says if you've finished or not, an odd thing to include if you can't continue to collect them.

Second and more relevant to the thread is the video evidence of Dancing Wolf not giving the cutscene when spoken to between 7-3 and 7-4; the streamer gets every other cutscene to trigger at that time (even Rahi's incorrect one). Which shows it has nothing to do with what mission you have finished or not.
    (0)