Character
    Kenaithus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 21

Questions about getting new gear

Hello! And before anything sorry, I know this must have been the number 1 question made by new players, but i have been googling a lot and i either get help for endgame content or FF XIV

My questions is: How can I get better gear? Im currently lvl 23, but most of my items are lvl 10.

I have been grinding some monsters to get some treasure coffers on the world map, but it is impossible to me to guess the code. Im not very lucky, so 9/10 I will miss the correct number by like 1 or 2 digits. Am i just wasting my time with these coffers?

Is there a city or something were I can get better than lvl 10 gear?

thanks!
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The simplest way is spending the sparks you earn from Records of Eminence. Whenever you complete Records of Eminence tasks (Quests on the main menu) you earn Sparks. These can be traded at an NPC in each city for gear for any job that is somewhere close to your level. Low level gear is very cheap form this system and is better than buying from vendors. As far as vendors go you don't have many options until you get to Jeuno, and even then, gear is expensive for what you get. The auction house is the other best option- but most of time sparks will get you what you need while leveling up in the early game.

For the record, when you do the coffers, if they have the maximum guesses you can do them 100% of the time. Inspect the lock for a clue which will narrow down the possibilities. From there you simply divide and conquer, picking the middle value out of all the possible ones. If a coffer doesn't have the highest number of guesses, it's a game of chance.
    (1)

Player
    1 to 60 guide, you get gear from a quest system called records of eminence which you have to opt into

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZlFqvMFuzM
    (1)

Character
    Kenaithus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 21
    Thanks both of you!!!
    (0)