Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I think how 16 does will impact the kind of funding 11 and 14 gets next year and onward.

Good point

To be clear, I think it will do poorly and they will fall back into putting more money into proven successful games out of panic at the shocking revelation they aren't good at this stuff anymore.

Kind of like SEGA, they wanted to make Sonic more modern. as a Sonic fan, it has not gone too well for them.......

-2D
    -Go fast

Simple formula that worked.
    Not sure what numbers 16 will do. Don't care, does not look interesting lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Beastorizer; 06-01-2023 at 04:29 AM.
    BST/DRG

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    Kind of like SEGA, they wanted to make Sonic more modern. as a Sonic fan, it has not gone too well for them.......

-2D
    -Go fast

Simple formula that worked.

Not sure what numbers 16 will do. Don't care, does not look interesting lol.
    Of course it doesn't look interesting, you're too old.

Ultimately, it and most games today are not being designed to appeal to people from the 80s and 90s era of gaming.

Just because you're not the target audience doesn't mean it will fail.
    (0)

Player
    I do have a bias against anything I see as hurting 11, I don't like that CB3 made it because I know how they operate and I know it's hurting 11 and 14 due to their all hands on deck approach to business. Also if it does well it will hurt both games, because they will be tasked then with making more single player games and that will mean less money and updates for the mmorpgs.

That aside

I still think the game looks bad, and I liked DM5 and Nier Automata.

The problem I think they have is that they are alienating the JP fanbase by pandering to the western audience, and in doing so also alienating the kind of people who normally buy FF games in the west too. They have said they hate the "JRPG" genre and just want it to be seen as an rpg.

The art design is poor, it's too flashy and too obnoxious to look at.

They are dumbing the game down with rings (see below lol), which does not match with making it action combat in the first place. And which imo is an acceptance people don't like action combat in a FF game.

Zoomers don't want to play this kind of game in the first place, and the story is not going to appeal to them at all because it's boring.

I think the action combat is a bad match for FF, especially with the kind of story they are telling, you're hyping them up with the combat and then slowing them down with this boring ass story and music. They are clashing two kinds of experience.

I think the story looks bad, I think the characters are unappealing, I've seen no heart in anything (no romance) and other than summons it's barely FF at all.

Also the music does not hype people up, it's bland.

These accessories take the form of five different rings that bestow combat-easing effects, and can be used to both reduce the game’s difficulty as well as make its combat more accessible. The five rings are:

The Ring of Timely Focus, which temporarily slows time before enemy attacks connect, providing more time to react and dodge.
    The Ring of Timely Assistance, which automatically issues commands to your pet dog, Torgal.
    The Ring of Timely Strikes, which executes combo attacks with just one press of the attack button.
    The Ring of Timely Evasion, which auto-dodges most attacks.
    The Ring of Timely Healing, which automatically uses potions to keep your health topped up.

“We wanted this game to be kind of a gateway for players that aren't good at action games to get into the genre and showing them that action games can be fun and you can be good at it and it can feel good,” explained Suzuki.
    might as well be a play itself game
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 06-01-2023 at 06:24 AM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    There is nothing really weird about it. If anything, it simply stands out compared to most any exchange on an XI board I have witnessed. Due to how atypical and unwavering it is at this point. It adds context to a long established history of it. Where as before I simply thought they were giving the typical negative Nancy their comeuppance. Instead it comes off as a burning desire to lash out without regard of the truth beyond ones own emotion.

At times it is almost like being unkind to a bird such as a crow. Where it has the event imprinted and relentlessly pursues the individual. I wouldn't know, obviously, but I imagine that it would suggest disorder and impulsion more so than a conscious defense mechanism.

Which would all be neither here nor there if it wasn't so regularly disruptive. Every thread like a Happy Gilmore golf course where they are the repetitive heckler. It's well beyond the ordinary jawing or feuding that occurs online.
    This guy really thinks hes the architect from the Matrix, you can't make this up.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Just how bothered are you? I've never seen such a constant and desperate attempt to clap back.
    Not bothered at all, I just saw you say something to Pixela about XIV (which you do seem bothered by any of his or my posts) and in reality it was Alhanelem that brought it up and decided to discuss it.
    (0)

Player
    When I read that I had a meme of Joe Rogan talking about DMT in my head
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    We're not best buddies. And it was the OP that brought it up, not me.

I really don't understand why we need to keep injecting this feud into every thread. You can't tell me this triggering isn't deliberate.
    They mentioned it, you were the only one that had to go into it and derail like always lol
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Whenever Spicy makes his posts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxx7g5nz4WQ
    (0)

Character
    Jtf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 88
    So what are some good ways to earn gil now? Still high level crafting?

I had a light staff returned to me from 2012 that didn't sell, (for about 9k). Now I see they go for about 100k. What's inflation been like?
    (0)

Player
    Records of eminence, farm sparks and buy acheron shields from 70+ area. Npc them for 30k each, I think it caps at 1-2 million per week.

You can farm sparks the best during gain xp times, check when they are active in the RoE wiki page.

Aside from that you can farm dynamis, salvage and many other things so level thief/dnc
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast