Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JTF View Post
    Thanks for all the updates. I'll probably just unlock the two new jobs first, (well new for me) and see if I like them.
    Both definitely have their place and are worth your time. GEO almost requires its super weapon for how good it is so that's something to keep in mind,
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Your best buddy is the one that brought it up in the first place, you are so bad at this
    We're not best buddies. And it was the OP that brought it up, not me.

I really don't understand why we need to keep injecting this feud into every thread. You can't tell me this triggering isn't deliberate.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post

I really don't understand why we need to keep injecting this feud into every thread. You can't tell me this triggering isn't deliberate.
    It's just what they do, and can't seem to let go. It's why the criticism falls so flat. Just like the analysis that starts it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post

It's a weird thing to say because I kind of remember you and Spicyryan have kind of an adversarial relationship at times.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Can you stop constantly going on about FF14 in every random thread, Pixela?
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    It's a weird thing to say because I kind of remember you and Spicyryan have kind of an adversarial relationship at times.
    There is nothing really weird about it. If anything, it simply stands out compared to most any exchange on an XI board I have witnessed. Due to how atypical and unwavering it is at this point. It adds context to a long established history of it. Where as before I simply thought they were giving the typical negative Nancy their comeuppance. Instead it comes off as a burning desire to lash out without regard of the truth beyond ones own emotion.

At times it is almost like being unkind to a bird such as a crow. Where it has the event imprinted and relentlessly pursues the individual. I wouldn't know, obviously, but I imagine that it would suggest disorder and impulsion more so than a conscious defense mechanism.

Which would all be neither here nor there if it wasn't so regularly disruptive. Every thread like a Happy Gilmore golf course where they are the repetitive heckler. It's well beyond the ordinary jawing or feuding that occurs online.
    (1)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JTF View Post
    I have been playing FFXIV. It's okay, but it's not really much of a challenge.
    I played XIV as-well, which is why I am here now........

I rock with XIV from time to time, but XIV, I & 15 are the 3 FF games I can't really get into. I play them because they are FF games, & I want to complete the story.

There is no depth to the combat or raids. It is like Dynasty Warriors.

"Wanna test your true skill? Turn up the difficulty up!!!!!!!"

"Harder" version of a mindless button mashing fest.

Heres to 17 (Or the next MMO) being more like a FF game, less like WoW.

Anyway, welcome back^^
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    Heres to 17 (Or the next MMO) being more like a FF game, less like WoW.

Anyway, welcome back^^
    Every FF game is different, Turn based and ATB aren't really a thing anymore. People like action so today's FF games are all real time. If they do make another FF MMO, and I'm not sure they will, it's not going to be less like WoW.

Most humans are impatient creatures, and MMOs n eed to pull as many players as they can to justify their existence, so an MMO with a slow, relaxed combat pace with lots of random factors that demand changing tactics each time just really isn't going to happen in this era.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-01-2023 at 03:24 AM.

Player
    I think how 16 does will impact the kind of funding 11 and 14 gets next year and onward.

To be clear, I think it will do poorly and they will fall back into putting more money into proven successful games out of panic at the shocking revelation they aren't good at this stuff anymore.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    To be clear, I think it will do poorly and they will fall back into putting more money into proven successful games out of panic at the shocking revelation they aren't good at this stuff anymore.
    That's incredibly presumptuous and really speaks to your heavy bias against anything you see as taking away from FFXI. It is a modern game for a modern era and is being made to reflect the state of the gaming industry as it is now.

You're not wrong that the future of all of the CB3 subsidiary's projects depend on the division's continued success, but the fact that you're just assuming it will flop without even anything to base it on speaks volumes.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast