Character
    Kenaithus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 21

So, where do i put my CD Keys?

First of all just buying and registering the game is one of the most difficult things I have done in recent gaming:

I played the Free-Trial, and after a while bought the Ultimate Edition and seekers of adoulin pack. I already knew registering both were going to be a challenge on itself but even with that on mind I was not ready for what was going:

I Followed the instructions on the web page, and got the error "You cannot add expanded services because either the maximum number of service accounts have been added/registered or there are no service accounts to which the expanded services can be added/registered." It also said that if i had a trial account i should create a new service.

I did it, and got a new Play Online account, weird but ok (yes, this was a mistake). I try to add the bonus items and the SoA expansion pack and got the error again. I guessed that creating a new account wasnt the solution, so I keep digging and digging into the problem and forums to see if i could find some answer. (I contacted support but, as my experience with FFXIV support, they will just copy and paste the FAQ, so i come here for help)

After like 1 hour, I give up and just want to get the game running... Long story short: i discovered that my OG character was on the other account that didnt have the game. FINE I will buy the base game again... And now i can finally play again.

So, my question is: Where can i put the bonus items and SoA expansion pack codes to redeem them? I have try everywhere i could put a CD Key and no luck. I still got the "You cant expand services" problem.

Thanks
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

They will copy and paste the FAQ because the FAQ has the answers. But I will use pictures to explain:

Click FFXI/POL

If you already have alphanumeric registration codes (for expansions or rewards/bonus items), click the rather unintuitively labeled "Add a service acount" button and skip to the bottom of this post. If you need to purchase registration codes, continue below.

Click Registration Codes at the bottom of the page to purchase needed registration codes.

You can't click this button (as seen here) if you already have all expansions etc. on the account.

If you already have the codes and skipped to the bottom as i said earlier:
    You will be taken to this screen where you can enter all types of codes related to FFXI:
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-29-2023 at 09:04 AM.

Character
    Kenaithus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 21
    But How did I already have it? It is included in ultimate edition? Then why are they selling it? It doesnt make any sense!

Oh anyways... Thanks you
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenaithus View Post
    But How did I already have it? It is included in ultimate edition? Then why are they selling it? It doesnt make any sense!

Oh anyways... Thanks you
    Old players might have some of the previous expnasions, and unlike most MMOs, FFXI's expansions don't depend on each other- you can own ToAU without owning CoP for example. You don't have to get them in order.

(However, Rhapsodies of Vana'diel and The Voracious Resurgence do require all of the major expansions because these missions take you to various expansion areas. They don't require the story or abyssea add-ons though)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-30-2023 at 11:17 AM.