Character
    Ahlen
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Suggestion: Expand Sortie Event to Accommodate Alliances of 18 Players

Hello fellow adventurers,

I wanted to share a suggestion regarding the Sortie event in Final Fantasy XI MMO. Currently, the Sortie event allows parties of up to 6 players to embark on thrilling adventures together. While this format works well for smaller groups, I believe it would be fantastic to expand the event to accommodate larger alliances of 18 players. This change would provide us with more opportunities to play and enjoy the game with a greater number of friends.

By increasing the party size to allow alliances in the Sortie event, we would experience a myriad of benefits. Here are a few key points to consider:

Enhanced Social Experience: Allowing alliances would foster stronger bonds within our community. We would be able to include more friends, linkshell mates, and fellow adventurers, creating a sense of camaraderie and teamwork.

Diverse Strategies and Roles: Larger alliances would encourage the development of diverse strategies and tactics for the Sortie event. With more players, we could explore different roles, job combinations, and coordinate our abilities to overcome challenges in unique ways.

Inclusive Gameplay: Expanding the party size to accommodate alliances would ensure that no one gets left out due to limited space. It can be disheartening when you have a group of friends eager to participate, but you can only include a fraction of them. With alliances, we would have the opportunity to adventure together as a united force.

Increased Replayability: The Sortie event, already an exciting and engaging experience, would become even more replayable with larger alliances. With more players involved, each playthrough would offer a fresh and dynamic encounter, ensuring that we have new and exciting adventures each time we participate.

I understand that implementing this change may require some adjustments to the game's mechanics, but I believe it would be well worth the effort. The benefits of expanding the Sortie event to accommodate alliances far outweigh the potential challenges. By embracing larger group sizes, Final Fantasy XI MMO can continue to provide an outstanding multiplayer experience that encourages social interaction, teamwork, and long-lasting friendships.

I invite you all to share your thoughts and opinions on this suggestion. Together, let's voice our desire for an expanded Sortie event and make our voices heard to the developers. With the support of the community, we can enhance the gameplay experience for everyone and further solidify Final Fantasy XI MMO as a remarkable MMO adventure.

Safe travels, adventurers!

-Ahlen
    (8)

Character
    Galiber
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    To would be great solution!
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The game is well past 18-person events.
    (0)

Character
    Tobal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would like to see sortie become an alliance event.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I would not. It doesn't need more players, so the only reason to make it alliance is to let 12 people freeload gallimuffins.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I would not. It doesn't need more players, so the only reason to make it alliance is to let 12 people freeload gallimuffins.
    I wonder what the mercs would charge for that.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    I wonder what the mercs would charge for that.
    Mercs..............
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I agree completely with this idea. The fact is, Sortie is 1-hour per day EVERY DAY. Because it's 6-man content, it has further alienated me and my Linkshell. We are at a point now that we have to sideline the content we do as a large group in favor of splintering into smaller groups. Odyssey was hard enough to manage and it did lead to a massive dip in our Linkshell size/participation.

And this content is 7 hours per week. No other endgame content has required this type of time commitment. I would much rather have this time be spent having fun with the entire Linkshell rather than being hyper focused with a small group everyday. Even if this slowed my Prime Weapon progress, I would welcome it because than this grind might actually be FUN. Could you imagine??

And I get that some people are concerned that people could be "carried." To you I say, so what? If you don't want to "carry" people, don't! Problem solved!! I hope the development team will take this suggestion to heart. I want to play with my friends again!
    (1)
    Last edited by Velner; 05-27-2023 at 07:44 PM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
    Currently, the Sortie event allows parties of up to 6 players to embark on thrilling adventures together.
    Lies

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    The game is well past 18-person events.
    Also Lies

--

Sortie is not going to become alliance content. What is really being said is that the player base would like alliance content to be considered for future updates. Alliance content supports larger linkshells and more social play. That's what we want.

If we're getting less because the staff is getting scaled back, we'd like what we get to be actually what we want.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Lies

Also Lies
    There is a difference between your preference, desires, and self-interest, and the current state of XI. The game is done with alliance content in any healthy and meaningful way.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast