Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No. It isn't.
    They could add an option to enable poop emoji on everyone and every NPC's heads, but:
    1) it would be an absolute waste of developer time
    2) No one actually wants that (at least, not that I'm aware of, but who knows?)

So no. More options is not always a good thing. Yes, this example is ridiculous, but it's ridiculous to prove a point. Dealing in absolutes is usually bad.

Ever heard of "feature creep?" It's when you have too many options in a piece of software, which leads to more bugs and time spent debugging them and also overwhelms the user with choices to make. Devleopment gets bogged down implementing and supporting/maintaining these options in new builds and causes other things to be delayed or even not get implemented.

But you're simply going to oppose me for the sake of opposing me, purely out of spite since you regularly accuse me of the same.

There is no evidence. . "every other alliance event added previously" were all designed from the beginning to be alliance content. There is no pre-existing example of a 6 man content later being made into 18 man content.

As I said, changing it to be alliance content requires rebalancing. Rebalancing requires work and development work time available is significantly limited now. If it isn't rebalanced, then Sortie will be extremely trivial for 18 players, and/or will just result in merc parties letting people pay to leech gallimuffins. And unless you're the sort of person who would be mercing themselves, it's unlikely you would actually want to promote mercing.

Once again, you're opposing me just for the sake of opposing me. You're on a holy crusade against me and Spicy (and maybe even others, but especially us) and you are not doing much/anything to demonstrate that this isn't the case.
    You said it yourself, that example is ridiculous. You will literally disagree with ANYTHING I say, you are the most contrarian person I have ever seen on forums.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You said it yourself, that example is ridiculous. You will literally disagree with ANYTHING I say, you are the most contrarian person I have ever seen on forums.
    Except it's you, not me. And the example was exaggerating to make a point. And yet, you still missed it, as you didn't even address it. And the point is, you can't say "always" when it isn't always. Even if the excample to the contrary is stupid it's still valid and "always" can no longer be used.

To be contrarian requires that the other's opinion be the popular one by its very definition of taking a position that goes against popular opinion (And you know, popular doesn't equate to good, just fyi). And quite frankly, there is plenty of disagreement here, not just with me and you. Some agree with me and some agree with you. Decisively prove your position or stop labeling me and maybe better yet, just block me already. Continuing to reply to me and not block me despite your obvious disdain indicates to everyone that your sole purpose here is to attack me and that you enjoy these endless last word disputes. I've given you countless oppertunities to prove you're not simply antagonizing and time and time again you continue to antagonize.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-06-2023 at 06:26 AM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I don't have disdain lol, its not that serious. I just find it a little annoying that you constantly have to be opposing my opinion in literally every thread. If I engage you, you will NEVER concede or discuss your opinion without forcing it on others, its almost pointless. You even have to take words like "always" and debate and dissect it, jeeze. Yes 90% of the time, more choice is a good thing. In that miniscule 10% like your ridiculous example, its probably not a good thing. Allowing alliances just means they have to change numbers around for HP, they've only done that EVER for every single event that allowed alliances. Delve, Vagary, Omen all have simply added +x% HP to the mobs and changed the objectives to be harder. That does not take dev time to simple change a few numbers around. In Dyna D they did not do that, and nobody complained then either and that event has way more things to leech and bot.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't have disdain lol, its not that serious.
    If you're being true and honest here, then you really need to dial back the hostility. I believe in what I say and will argue it with passion, but I will not be deliberately insulting whether it for fun or otherwise.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    What hostility? Where in my posts do you see insults
    (0)

Player
    Decisively prove your position or stop labeling me and maybe better yet, just block me already. Continuing to reply to me and not block me despite your obvious disdain indicates to everyone that your sole purpose here is to attack me and that you enjoy these endless last word disputes. I've given you countless oppertunities to prove you're not simply antagonizing and time and time again you continue to antagonize.
    The problem is that it takes two to tango. You could just ignore Immortal and you two wouldn't have these endless arguments clogging up every damn thread.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    The problem is that it takes two to tango. You could just ignore Immortal and you two wouldn't have these endless arguments clogging up every damn thread.
    It does, but I really don't like blocking people. I'd rather find some way to resolve the dispute, but maybe that will never happen.

Also, I've been advising them to just do that for a while now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-06-2023 at 03:36 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post

highly obvious doing them for post count bragging rights.
    ... & i guess a good exercise on wordplay. lawl
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I'm not even worked up, I don't get angry over internet arguments in 2023, especially over this game. I do get into debate mode, but I don't tend to personally insult people so I don't see where you are getting that unless you mean "contrarian" which is not an insult lol.

I don't need to block anyone
    (0)

Player
    It does, but I really don't like blocking people. I'd rather find some way to resolve the dispute, but maybe that will never happen.

Also, I've been advising them to just do that for a while now.
    I didn't even mean blocking. I meant just keep your trap shut. Neither of you come out looking good from this.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast