Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I think Sortie will/should eventually be Alliance content, just like Omen.

It's bad for the player base as whole to splinter into groups of 6 for multiple daily content.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I think Sortie will/should eventually be Alliance content, just like Omen.

It's bad for the player base as whole to splinter into groups of 6 for multiple daily content.
    It's good for the playerbase when all the ton of multibox mules can't just leech the content. The game isn't balanced to 18 players anymore, and never will be again.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    It's good for the playerbase when all the ton of multibox mules can't just leech the content. The game isn't balanced to 18 players anymore, and never will be again.

I haven't known a single time that SE said something is "done", to actually mean that it is done. I guess we'll see what the future holds.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It just opens it up to more Mercing.

So, it's a no from me.
    Everyone is merc'ing. You just pay your friends and LSmates, zero gil.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    I agree.

They just have half a party of botting mules that they want to leech points. Their viewpoint is inherently bias and without regard to balance.
    You have honestly no clue. People don't need an alliance to allow mules in to bot and leech, they have mules capable of clearing the content already alone. It would not be a benefit for them at all to allow alliances unless they plan to merc and even then they can do it without needed all 6 characters. You are the biased one, you think you know everything about x poster and automatically assume their intentions, but you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    More options is not always a good thing.

As I said, allowing 18 players would mainly have negative effects:
    - It would trivialize the content without a massive rebalancing which would exclude solos and small groups
    - By extension it would mean you can add a bunch of people who don't have to do anything to get content currency, and/or let people get it a lot faster than originally intended without rebalancing
    - Without said massive rebalancing, the content would simply be less fun becuase any challenge the content might have is reduced.

Playing with more friends at the same time doesn't really outweigh these problems from my perspective.
    The desires of big linkshells shouldn't outweigh the desires of solo players and smaller circles of friends either.

And rebalancing = work, and there is limited dev time avialable.
    More options is always a good thing, always.

- Does not trivialize content, its been done many times in the past and there are methods to offset it. In fact, every content that had the option for alliances with the tradeoff being higher HP, was HARDER, not easier. Especially considering certain mechanics that became a headache the more people you had.
    - That has been the case for any content added to this game since inception. People have been leeching, mercing and all since day1. You aren't going to stop that by limiting the amount of people entering.
    - Wrong, see evidence: every other alliance event added previously, as I said it only gets harder the more people you have and a headache. Theres a reason people kept to low manning things.

We are at a point in the game where the main priority should be people playing with friends, who cares about content like Sortie? Stop using limited dev garbage as an excuse, we are all paying full monthly subs.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Also what is there to "bot and leech" in Sortie? lol, more AF3 for mules? There is barely, if any, resources for Gil or other things. It would be more of a concern if they allowed 18 into segment farms in Odyssey due to the gil handout at the end, yet you are complaining for more people to enter an event where there is no Gil essentially. Surely showing how biased you are, just some vendetta against multi-boxers or mercs at the expense of actual players wanting to join their linkshells and not being forced into cliques or statics of 6 max
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Everyone is merc'ing. You just pay your friends and LSmates, zero gil.
    I don't think you would have many friends left if you just stood there in say, Sortie :P
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    More options is always a good thing, always.
    No. It isn't.
    They could add an option to enable poop emoji on everyone and every NPC's heads, but:
    1) it would be an absolute waste of developer time
    2) No one actually wants that (at least, not that I'm aware of, but who knows?)

So no. More options is not always a good thing. Yes, this example is ridiculous, but it's ridiculous to prove a point. Dealing in absolutes is usually bad.

Ever heard of "feature creep?" It's when you have too many options in a piece of software, which leads to more bugs and time spent debugging them and also overwhelms the user with choices to make. Devleopment gets bogged down implementing and supporting/maintaining these options in new builds and causes other things to be delayed or even not get implemented.

But you're simply going to oppose me for the sake of opposing me, purely out of spite since you regularly accuse me of the same.

Wrong, see evidence: every other alliance event added previously,
    There is no evidence. . "every other alliance event added previously" were all designed from the beginning to be alliance content. There is no pre-existing example of a 6 man content later being made into 18 man content.

As I said, changing it to be alliance content requires rebalancing. Rebalancing requires work and development work time available is significantly limited now. If it isn't rebalanced, then Sortie will be extremely trivial for 18 players, and/or will just result in merc parties letting people pay to leech gallimuffins. And unless you're the sort of person who would be mercing themselves, it's unlikely you would actually want to promote mercing.

Once again, you're opposing me just for the sake of opposing me. You're on a holy crusade against me and Spicy (and maybe even others, but especially us) and you are not doing much/anything to demonstrate that this isn't the case.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-05-2023 at 07:26 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndon
    , no, it really isn't. 6 man content is easier for ordinary people to access. I'm sorry your massive linkshell needs to split into parties but you aren't the only players in the game.

Even though I have a linkshell with people who run this content (since it's kinda the main focus of the game right now, obviously), it is generally done on the fly and not in a super organized fashion. I'm grateful for the ability to go in alone as well, even if it's slow going, as it's better than getting nothing if your friends aren't available that day. Regardless, the nature of it being 6 man content makes it relatively easy to just say in LS (or even yell) "who wants to do sortie?" and get multiple responses.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-05-2023 at 07:31 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Also what is there to "bot and leech" in Sortie? lol, more AF3 for mules?
    Do you seriously not know that Prime Weapons -- a new category of powerful weapons -- are now available in the game? Because that's exactly what people would leech, gallimaufry.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast