Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

20 hour cooldown on Sortie is too low

By allowing people to enter every day, you're creating a vehicle for burnout since it's pretty repetitive.

I think daily access works on some content like Ody, but I don't think it works too well on Sortie.

Maybe allow the key item to overcharge, so if you wait 40 hours you get much more Gali rewarded. If players want to do it daily they can, but you're dis-incentivizing it which lessens burnout and lowers congestion.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 05-25-2023 at 04:41 AM.

Player
    This so much feels like a troll. People can govern their own behavior. One hour a day doing Sortie probably won't burn most people out. If it does burn out a few, they can take a break and NOT do Sortie. We don't need the game punishing players because some subset of players push themselves too hard.

Everything is a vehicle for burnout. You can spend 10 hours a day farming for job points or exemplar points. You can spend 6 hours a week farming cards in Omen. You can spend all day in Dynamis farming currency for a relic, or in Salvage farming Alexandrite. There are over 1000 Records of Eminence objectives and you could burn yourself out trying to complete all those.
    (4)

Player
    They are effectively turning it into a daily.

I didn't say to not allow it, I just suggested allowing people to double up if they prefer.

As far as I see there is no downside to what I suggested. Less congestion for everyone, players who want to do every day can and people who want to do it every other can do that and lose nothing from it because they can double up rewards
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You know no one is holding a weapon to you and saying you have to do it right?

Being able to do something more often isn't an obligation to do so. They specifically let you save up time to postpone 1 run to make it easier to run other content without feeling pressured to do it every single day. I think they did a good job making the content flexible and accessible.

I feel like the real motivation for this thread is congestion: "Guys, stop doing sortie so its easier for me to do it"
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    This so much feels like a troll. People can govern their own behavior. One hour a day doing Sortie probably won't burn most people out. If it does burn out a few, they can take a break and NOT do Sortie. We don't need the game punishing players because some subset of players push themselves too hard.

Everything is a vehicle for burnout. You can spend 10 hours a day farming for job points or exemplar points. You can spend 6 hours a week farming cards in Omen. You can spend all day in Dynamis farming currency for a relic, or in Salvage farming Alexandrite. There are over 1000 Records of Eminence objectives and you could burn yourself out trying to complete all those.
    For them, nothing is a troll. Even when they actually try to.

XI players apparently have 0 moderation. Bye bye burnouts!
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    They are effectively turning it into a daily.

I didn't say to not allow it, I just suggested allowing people to double up if they prefer.

As far as I see there is no downside to what I suggested. Less congestion for everyone, players who want to do every day can and people who want to do it every other can do that and lose nothing from it because they can double up rewards
    Doing a double session 3 times a week is exactly the same as doing a single session 6 times a week. There is literally no advantage to doing it your way. If somebody wants to do Sortie every other day, or every 3 days, or once a week, or never, that's the player's choice. I do Sortie every day, except on days when I don't have the time or don't feel like it. I faced no penalty for not doing so.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Doing a double session 3 times a week is exactly the same as doing a single session 6 times a week. There is literally no advantage to doing it your way. If somebody wants to do Sortie every other day, or every 3 days, or once a week, or never, that's the player's choice. I do Sortie every day, except on days when I don't have the time or don't feel like it. I faced no penalty for not doing so.
    Stop making perfect sense.
    (1)

Player
    Many mmo players feel compulsion to do things, so if you let them do it 7 times a week they will do it 7 times a week even if they find it repetitive. Allowing them to double up, makes it less repetitive and helps everyone else because queue times will be less.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Many mmo players feel compulsion to do things, so if you let them do it 7 times a week they will do it 7 times a week even if they find it repetitive. Allowing them to double up, makes it less repetitive and helps everyone else because queue times will be less.
    They will be doomed to self-inflicted suffering then in a decades old video game. Hope they don't feel compelled to get platinum on all their playstation games next. Oh no.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Oh no.
    (1)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast