Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Lileth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree with Pixela. All but requiring a daily sortie grind is bad for the game.

I'm one of the many ffxi players who is a perfectionist. If I'm not working on getting BiS gear, the game is not worth playing for me. After playing for 20 years, I quit again in May this year, because spending 1.5 hours daily grinding sortie was just not practical for me. I have a job and a family. I could do this twice per week, but not daily.

Giving sublinear and almost linear reward scaling for multi-day cooldowns would have no downside and bring back players like myself. Make it factor 2 reward scaling after 3 days. Those who do Sortie daily then still have the advantage, but twice per week players can still make reasonably quick progress towards a prime weapon. Everyone is happy, and FFXI has more subscribers.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree with the overall message that there's too much daily stuff that's all still relevant. I rather think Sortie should be treated as a raid and be limited in how frequently its objectives can be completed, and in exchange, grant more rewards or make the collection requirements lower to reduce the burden of activity on players. You can count on the most serious players acting like the above and doing stuff as much as they're allowed to- but that doesn't mean they don't still feel the pressure. It's better for everyone regardless of commitment level if this burden is reduced. There's plenty enough things to do in the game that they don't all need to be spammed daily.
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I disagree, I quit, just came back for free time and what is new to do? back in the day you had sky, sea, salvage, einherjar, nyzul dynamis etc, you had specific days to do stuff, look it's great to take it slow, but I remember doing odyssey back in covid times, what do you need t do daily?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuzey View Post
    I disagree, I quit, just came back for free time and what is new to do? back in the day you had sky, sea, salvage, einherjar, nyzul dynamis etc, you had specific days to do stuff, look it's great to take it slow, but I remember doing odyssey back in covid times, what do you need t do daily?
    Then you actually agree, because that's the question we're asking. it's frustrating for players with so many content that they feel pressured to do every day. Why do we need to do all these things daily?
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-30-2023 at 07:43 AM.

Character
    Lileth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Then you actually agree, because that's the question we're asking. it's frustrating for players with so many content that they feel pressured to do every day. Why do we need to do all these things daily?
    I agree. Subscriptions are on a monthly, not a daily basis. Time gates exist to make people maintain subscriptions. So from a business perspective, whether people do sortie twice per week and it takes 6 months to get a prime weapon, or daily, and it still takes 6 months, makes no difference. If anything, the twice per week model is better because it minimizes burnout and makes the game more accessible to older players who have real life commitments. The player base is not as young anymore as it used to be in 2004.

Twice per week was fine for Limbus and old Dynamis for many years. Endgame linkshells typically did sky farming once per week, and sky NMs once per week, so sky twice per week. Twice per week would be just about the right frequency for Sortie too.

Segment farming too could use to be de-grinded. Give it a cumulative cooldown reward amplifier, like times 2 for segment, exemplar point and gil reward for a 3 day cooldown.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6