Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Yesterday I had a long day at work and was pretty tired when I came home. Normally I do Sortie every day, but yesterday I didn't feel like it so I just watched TV for a couple hours and fell asleep.

I swear I am not making any of this up. Turns out it actually is possible to not log on when you don't feel like doing so.
    I come here for posts like this.
    (1)

Player
    Yesterday I had a long day at work and was pretty tired when I came home. Normally I do Sortie every day, but yesterday I didn't feel like it so I just watched TV for a couple hours and fell asleep.

I swear I am not making any of this up. Turns out it actually is possible to not log on when you don't feel like doing so.
    People are different.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    People are different.
    And......?
    (0)

Player
    People who are very goal orientated with force themselves to do it, and burn out.

Why do I need to explain this to you, you know how the top 10% of mmorpg players are. Just telling them not to do it is pointless and they will do it and they will potentially quit over it. If you give them the option to do it 7 times there is no option, they will do it 7 times.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    People who are very goal orientated with force themselves to do it, and burn out.
    Goodbye then. This isn't a unique matter of fact for XI or MMOs.

Calling it "goal oriented" is some next level resume padding spin too.
    (0)

Player
    People are different.
    So? People have different personalities. It isn't Square-Enix's job to save people from their own personality defects. I'm pretty goal oriented too, and I can also push myself too hard when I want to get something accomplished. Last month, I decided I wanted a Daurdabla. I had the money for the heavy metal plates and riftcinder, but I still needed 50 iron plates, 75 colorless souls, and 75 Apademak horns. I ended up doing this in about a week, spending upwards of 10 hours a day on it and even faking sick to get out of work one day. When the Master Level cap raised to 30, I started doing it for 2 hours a day, then at some point scaled back to 10 hours a week. I was honest to God creating TIMESHEETS in Google Sheets to track my time. Eventually I got so burnt out that I stopped playing for 3 months.

My point is that burnout will happen. The onus is on the player to regulate their own behavior. Otherwise, where does it stop? Put back the daily restrictions on Dynamis for relic builders, Salvage and Assault for mythic builders? Add Abyssea time limits* for Empyrean builders? Add Ambuscade limits so that you don't burn on that? Cap the number of exemplar or job points you can do in a day?

The changes you propose aren't just summoned out of thin air. It takes time, and effort, to implement things. THAT is the downside to your ridiculous idea. With development resources limited, I'd prefer they use it on making actual enhancements and fixing actual bugs, not reinventing the wheel to make a convoluted new entry system.

Honestly, when I first saw this thread, I thought somebody was saying that the 20 hour cooldown was too LONG. Because now that the Prime Weapons have such stiff gallimaufry requirements, people need the option of more time there to speed up the process. I had to reread the title when I saw the content of the first post, because the proposal is so absurd.

*Yes Abyssea is limited by visitant status, but you can leave and come back -- most people have enough traverser stones to stay in Abyssea as long as they want.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Goodbye then. This isn't a unique matter of fact for XI or MMOs.

Calling it "goal oriented" is some next level resume padding spin too.
    No don't you get it? People are hopeless automatons with no control over their actions. Square Enix needs to save them from themselves.
    (1)

Player
    No don't you get it? People are hopeless automatons with no control over their actions. Square Enix needs to save them from themselves.
    You don't have to, but as a company that wants to retain players you very much should yes.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You don't have to, but as a company that wants to retain players you very much should yes.
    You keep doing this thing where you act like your whimsy is in sync with SE's best interest. It is confirmation bias.
    (0)

Player
    I suggest things I think are in the best interest of the game and its players, you argue against things becasue you're a sourpuss. I'm even suggesting that they allow a KI to go gold, if you leave it for 2 days to give double gali rewards. So people who want to do it every day can still do so.

There is no argument you are making as to why it's better as it is, you're just a silly person.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast