Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Doing a double session 3 times a week is exactly the same as doing a single session 6 times a week. There is literally no advantage to doing it your way. If somebody wants to do Sortie every other day, or every 3 days, or once a week, or never, that's the player's choice. I do Sortie every day, except on days when I don't have the time or don't feel like it. I faced no penalty for not doing so.
    Logging in 3 days a week instead of 6 days a week can be much easier for many people, even if it's the same amount of time spent. Having more flexible options is almost always better.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Player
    For some reason, I do felt like Sortie could use for more accessible ways. Unlike other content like Omen or DynaD, Sortie also ties with TVR, which makes those 20k gally farms more intimidating to ppl with basic gearings & just wanna enjoy its story content. I know alot ppl brag on how "easy" to solo this, but others having troubles especially with maps which still can be confusing, even after we have unofficial completed map to peruse.
    (0)

Player
    The main problem with Sortie is that it's repetitive and an hour, so you're having to repeat the same thing every day for a long period.

Allowing users to double up key items to double rewards every other day fixes so many problems, I don't see a downside to it. Alternatively just allow players to talk to an npc that halves the time allowed inside and double rewards.

There are lots of ways to do it, but there does need to be more options for content like this.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The main problem with Sortie is that it's repetitive and an hour, so you're having to repeat the same thing every day for a long period.

Allowing users to double up key items to double rewards every other day fixes so many problems, I don't see a downside to it. Alternatively just allow players to talk to an npc that halves the time allowed inside and double rewards.

There are lots of ways to do it, but there does need to be more options for content like this.
    Everything you said is literally the same way with Salvage and Dynamis, except that you can do those even more often. Aren't you worried about people burning out on Salvage or Dynamis?
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post

Then don't do Sortie. It isn't going to change formats suddenly.
    (0)

Player
    I'm bringing up something others have been posting about in the thread on XIAH, maybe they can't post here.

The issue is, as Clintbeastwood and others have said, doing the same event every day for 6 months is incredibly repetitive and boring. It's not even an event that provides much for variety within the run. I'm not sure how this is controversial, could anyone who really enjoys Sortie try to provide a counterargument? Genuinely asking.
    I'm someone who still enjoys Sortie for a lot of reasons but I certainly can't pretend that the thought of daily runs for 6 months is anything other than mundane. That's a heck of a grind and it's gonna suck.

The only redemption for me about it all is that in the next 6-whatever months I'm going to be grinding for a job I am passionate about and that extra devotion and focus to it is very much in line with what I really loved about this game long ago.

Yeah, there are a lot of primes I want but it feels like a similar trend, we saw it with master levels in the way getting mlv50 on every job you play just isn't feasible in any reasonable time frame.

Now, inb4 game is different these days, game requires you to play multiple jobs, and so on. It's true, but prime weapons haven't been a necessity to date and doubt that's going to change. Just like master levels, it's a perk, it's growth or specialization through hard work towards a job or two. To me it feels like a throwback and nod to when putting in the time and making sacrifices meant something and I'll be looking forward to the sense of accomplishment down the line.

The worst part of it for me is no end in sight of +2 earring woes.
    Oddy C is half an hour long, rewards a little over 1 million gil at the end, and gives a good chunk of exemplar points in an event you're gonna do anyway. You can actually raise master levels up to around 30-40's range by just running sheol for long enough. Sortie on the other hand is one hour long, gives no gil, and offers very little exemplar. The fact that it's double the duration is what turns people off the most. There's a very big difference between a half hour daily and a one hour daily.
    https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5...ate-part-2/10/
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You lost me at "Clintbeastwood", but I lost you at "Sortie isn't changing format".

Unless you just want to wrap people into a social fan fic.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Just think about how long it took for every other weapon to be made when they first came out. They were all awful.

All those NM kills before you even got to the aby bosses. Terrible. Box step the dyna mobs harder! Faithful Falcor points out this is the easy version of dyna and it still took forever. Salvage was never fun.

I get the weekly points FOMO that crept it's way into XI from other MMOs. But there is nothing currently you are missing out on by not having these weapons ASAP. I'm happy to let other people fanatically grind this out so they can test out the new WSs etc while I hold onto my Galli. You don't have to lock yourself into progressing on only 1 weapon. If you want to be server/world first, thank you for your service.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    You lost me at "Clintbeastwood", but I lost you at "Sortie isn't changing format".

Unless you just want to wrap people into a social fan fic.
    Why do you allow yourself to be triggered by names or people you don't like? If someone I don't like said something that was useful I wouldn't disregard it, that's childish behavior.

The reason a developer often will ignore some feedback is because players usually don't know what is in the best interest of the game, for instance a player might ask for higher drop rates and then when they get the thing they quit because they are goal orientated and once there is no goal they have no reason to play. So obviously that would be stupid to listen to.

However if you have a suggestion that makes sense and is in the best interest of the game they can take it on board, they might not also but you can still offer the suggestion for consideration.

You act like a 3 year old, if you offer suggestions and they aren't implemented you tell everyone else there is no point suggesting anything.

Allowing players to "double up" key items for greater rewards lowers congestion and queue times, and stops people burning out so badly, allowing people to half the duration inside for greater rewards does the same.

If you want someone to do something every day, you either have to have a much lower duration than 1 hour, add more variety to that thing, add random reward mechanics like low % notorious monsters with good rewards for killing or just do something that makes it less monotonous to do every day.

An hour every day, when it has limited rewards and limited variation is going to cause burn out and I don't want players to burn out.
    (1)

Player
    Yesterday I had a long day at work and was pretty tired when I came home. Normally I do Sortie every day, but yesterday I didn't feel like it so I just watched TV for a couple hours and fell asleep.

I swear I am not making any of this up. Turns out it actually is possible to not log on when you don't feel like doing so.
    (1)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast