Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65

Cannot get cutscene to finish optional objective in Voracious Resurgence 7-4

Platform: Windows 7

ISP: Medicom

Type of Internet Connection: cable

Internet Connection Speed: 50+ megabits down, 5 megabits up

Date & Time: May 23, 2023 at around 14:00 CST

Frequency:Always

Character Name: Teraphim

Race: Hume

World: Leviathan

Main Job: Thf 99 or Blm 99

Support Job: Dnc or Sch

Area and Coordinates: Rabao

Party or Solo: Solo

NPC Name: Dancing Wolf

Monster Name: N/A

Steps:
    1. I have not been able to get the cutscene from Dancing Wolf to retrieve all the stolen memories from Voracious Resurgence mission 7-4. I still have the Key Item: "Memorian, the Magicked Doll" and not the "Depleted Memorian". I logged out of my laptop in front of Dancing Wolf without speaking to him. Then logged in on my desktop and spoke to him, but he only says "I've been sent here on business. A nice place this Rabao is."

2. I have gotten the correct cutscenes from Rahi Fohlatti, Palborough Mines, Honoi-Gomoi, and Ghatsad. I visited them all twice to make sure I hadn't missed any of them.

3. Additionally I have completed VR 7-4 and gotten the Elite Royal Collar along with a cutscene with the Memorian stating there were still stolen memories.

4. I have also spoken to Rahal and to Shantotto to no effect.

5. I have attempted logging out and back in.
    (0)
    Last edited by Teraphim; 05-24-2023 at 12:41 PM.
    Surviving the biggest crisis of your life is all well and good, but just remember that you'll have nothing left to do after it's over. -GS

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You need to use the template in the forum thread and fill out all fields otherwise this will get placed in insufficient information or not a bug report.

But it should probably be in tech support instead, it's a virtual guarantee you're overlooking something as has been the case with virtually all "I can't progress this quest" threads that get posted here.
    (0)

Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65
    Ummm, Tech Support sent me over here.
    (0)
    Surviving the biggest crisis of your life is all well and good, but just remember that you'll have nothing left to do after it's over. -GS

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraphim View Post
    Ummm, Tech Support sent me over here.
    The tech support forum section not the tech support site. And they always send people here when it's a gameplay question, like yours. Doesn't mean it's a bug, they simply are not allowed to answer gameplay questions. SE has always had a hands off approach to anything that isn't a straight up technical issue.
    (0)

Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The tech support forum section not the tech support site. And they always send people here when it's a gameplay question, like yours. Doesn't mean it's a bug, they simply are not allowed to answer gameplay questions. SE has always had a hands off approach to anything that isn't a straight up technical issue.
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...Resurgence-7-4

Yarxideyn
    Yarxideyn's AvatarJoin Date
    Aug 2022
    Greetings Adventurer!

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. The issues you are describing would be more suited for the bug report forums. Please create a new thread entry in the In-Game Bugs > In-Game Bugs section with the required information as shown in the main thread sticky. Additionally, this thread will be moved to the 'Separate Support Required' sub forum.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    ah somehow I missed it. But yes, it's essentially a cop out.

Them saying "go to the bug report forums" doesn't mean it's necessairly a bug, only that they have no idea or can't say.

And as I said before virtually all cases of someone saying "I cant complete this quest" something was overlooked. I'll review the details, as I myself haven't done it yet, and we can work through to determine where exactly the issue is. Basically: Unless you did something that was a super duper crazy edge case, if the quest was bugged, we'd have tons of people complaining about it here. Since there isn't, the odds are high that somewhere, you're missing something.

(They don't normally move threads that fast o.O)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-24-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65
    I hope I am missing something, but my ls and I are out of ideas. I even checked other quests/missions the npc could be involved with, but I've already completed the only one I could find, Bastok 9-1.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If they move this thread before I (or anyone else) get(s) back to you, make a thread in another section where it won't get moved by staff.
    (0)

Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65
    if it is a bug, I'm guessing I didn't wait long enough for the game to load everything in before speaking to Dancing Wolf and it somehow skipped the cutscene. I'm pretty sure the "cutscene" from Rahi Fohlatti in Rabao is also messed up because it just has her repeat that she didn't see anything, rather than a cutscene of her memory being stolen.
    (0)

Player
    I suggest try asking this over reddit and/or their discord as well, they have more in depth fixes, along with those that is wise not to discuss over OF.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast