Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The only real fix is youtube. There isn't really a side story here. Just a coujple blurbs from some NPCs. You've undoubtedly already missed hundreds if not thousands of such one-time lines.

The most likely explanation for being unable to finish this, since it is supposed to be doable after completing the mission, is that you mis-remembered which NPCs you talked to and didn't. The only suggestion I can offer is to talk to ALL of them again and see if you end up with the depleted memorian again. Also click on each NPC multiple times, in case they may talk to you about other things. This is also very common and sometimes you need to speak to the same NPC multiple times to get the desired event.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-28-2023 at 09:51 AM.

Character
    Jakpan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Same issue

I am having the same issue both of the npc cut scenes
    (0)

Character
    Jakpan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Cannot get cutscene to finish optional objective in Voracious Resurgence 7-4

Cannot get cutscene to finish optional objective in Voracious Resurgence 7-4
    Platform: Windows 10

ISP: Spectrum

Type of Internet Connection: cable

Frequency: Always

Character Name: Akpan and Jakpan
    Race: Tarutaru

World: Quezacoatl

Area and Coordinates: Rabao

Party or Solo: Party

NPC Name: Dancing Wolf / Rahi Fohlatti

Monster Name: N/A

I have gotten the correct cutscenes from , Palborough Mines, Honoi-Gomoi, and Ghatsad. I visited them all twice to make sure I hadn't missed any of them.

I have completed VR 7-4 and gotten the Elite Royal Collar along with a cutscene with the Memorian stating there were still stolen memories.

I have also spoken to Rahal and to Shantotto to no effect.

I have attempted logging out and back in and did a file check of ffxi and playonline
    (0)

If you've completed the mission, you very likely can no longer get the cutscenes for that mission.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    If you've completed the mission, you very likely can no longer get the cutscenes for that mission.
    It's specifically noted on the wiki that these optional steps can still be done after the mission is completed.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's specifically noted on the wiki that these optional steps can still be done after the mission is completed.
    Perhaps the wikis are wrong.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Perhaps the wikis are wrong.
    If it's wrong, then a lot of very specific info was completely made up. Errors are not uncommon but I find this hard to believe in this case.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If it's wrong, then a lot of very specific info was completely made up. Errors are not uncommon but I find this hard to believe in this case.
    Yet there are three people in this thread claiming that they can't get the cutscenes. Wikis can be and are wrong, sometimes for years.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yet there are three people in this thread claiming that they can't get the cutscenes. Wikis can be and are wrong, sometimes for years.
    People not being able to do it doesn't necessairly mean that the wiki is wrong though. I'm not asserting 100% that it is wrong, but it's not the only explanation. And the nature of this sort of situation is such that if it is wrong, it's just something someone made up entirely without playing the game, and it is way too clear and specific to simply be made up. Perhaps you can still do it after finishing the mission but it becomes unavailable at some point after that. I don't know, I haven't done the mission yet. Once I do I can corroborate or refute this.
    (0)

Character
    Boomslang
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Same Issue

I am having the same issue, Dancing Wolf does not progress as he should and Rahi Fohlatti also wigged out and it seemed like it was going to start the CS but then just went into old dialog.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast