Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Disregard BobbinT, there's no speical magic fix using external tools that aren't allowed which is why hes saying not to discuss it here.
    (0)

Player
    Also, please disregard whomever that says already putting me on their ignore list, but still bother to check & didn't even understand what they're saying & outright pointing toward external tools while my post never even mention such a thing. It is never wrong to seek alternative social medias for answers, & it's not always about external stuff. In fact, my own suggest would be disable things used outside game that might affect the issue, though I won't go into detail here.

EDIT:
    as if that wasn't clear enough...

(0)
    Last edited by BobbinT; 05-25-2023 at 04:17 PM.

Player
    Try moving on to the next mission. See if that works.

Also, try talking to the Minstrel of Melodies NPC in Rabao to replay the cutscene there. A lot of the times, certain variables are set inside a cutscene, which is why you can only replay a cutscene within the zone where the cutscene happened. Maybe you can retrigger what was supposed to happen by replaying the cutscene.
    (0)

Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Try moving on to the next mission. See if that works.

Also, try talking to the Minstrel of Melodies NPC in Rabao to replay the cutscene there. A lot of the times, certain variables are set inside a cutscene, which is why you can only replay a cutscene within the zone where the cutscene happened. Maybe you can retrigger what was supposed to happen by replaying the cutscene.
    I've gotten VR 9-4 finished (yay forging Prime Weapons), still no luck. I checked the Minstrel NPC but they didn't have either of the stolen memory cutscenes, they did have the initial cutscene from VR 7-1.
    (0)
    Surviving the biggest crisis of your life is all well and good, but just remember that you'll have nothing left to do after it's over. -GS

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Also, please disregard whomever that says already putting me on their ignore list,
    I did look at it, which is why I said what I said.

You should not be encouraging people to seek external tools to solve gameplay problems, for obvious reasons. Beating around the bush doesn't make it less obvious what you're saying.

For me, the ignore list is mainly a warning system that says "CAUTION: Potential Troll Risk." If it doesn't seem like that should be possible I'll read it. Turns out I was disappointed though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-26-2023 at 02:26 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraphim View Post
    I've gotten VR 9-4 finished (yay forging Prime Weapons), still no luck. I checked the Minstrel NPC but they didn't have either of the stolen memory cutscenes, they did have the initial cutscene from VR 7-1.
    I think I misread your original post. If you're talking about scenes that are optional, you're probably SOL. It isn't always possible to do these after the quest/mission is done. Now I'm not claiming to be an expert here as I haven't gotten to this mission yet, but your only option to see the scenes might be a youtube video / friend who's done it. Initially, I thought you were actually stuck and unable to progress because I fail at reading sometimes.
    (0)

Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65
    I tried before finishing 7-4 mission, that why I think it's a bug.
    (0)
    Surviving the biggest crisis of your life is all well and good, but just remember that you'll have nothing left to do after it's over. -GS

Player
    I'm confused. If you were able to proceed, then what is the problem? What are you trying to accomplish?

Sometimes a "cutscene" will just be a few lines of dialogue. Those cannot be replayed but they're also really minor. A true cutscene does certain things, such as make all the status icons (like signet, protect, shell, commitment, emporox's gift etc.,) disappear for the duration of a cutscene.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraphim View Post
    I tried before finishing 7-4 mission, that why I think it's a bug.
    Often the window of oppertunity to see optional dialogues and events is less than the full length of the quest. There are many quests like this where once you move on to the next step, you miss the oppertunity to talk to some optional people.

But you don't get anything out of it- it's not like there's a reward for seeing every line of text in the game or anything, in fact that's impossible.
    (0)

Character
    Zarquon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Same Issue

I am having the same issue. I don't want to move forward because I like the side stories so much and I don't want to get locked out of story content. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Platform: Windows 11 Pro

ISP: Spectrum/Charter

Type of Internet Connection: cable

Internet Connection Speed: 500 megabits down, 20 megabits up

Date & Time: ongoing

Frequency:Always

Character Name: Zarquon

Race: Hume

World: Asura

Main Job: DRG 99

Support Job: WAR

Area and Coordinates: Rabao

Party or Solo: Solo

NPC Name: Dancing Wolf

Monster Name: N/A

Steps:
    1. I have not been able to get the cutscene from Dancing Wolf to retrieve all the stolen memories from Voracious Resurgence mission 7-4. I still have the Key Item: "Memorian, the Magicked Doll" and not the "Depleted Memorian". I logged out of my laptop in front of Dancing Wolf without speaking to him. Then logged in on my desktop and spoke to him, but he only says "I've been sent here on business. A nice place this Rabao is."

2. I have gotten the correct cutscenes from Rahi Fohlatti, Palborough Mines, Honoi-Gomoi, and Ghatsad. I visited them all twice to make sure I hadn't missed any of them.

3. Additionally I have completed VR 7-4 and gotten the Elite Royal Collar along with a cutscene with the Memorian stating there were still stolen memories.

4. I have also spoken to Rahal and to Shantotto to no effect.

5. I have attempted logging out and back in.

6. I have attempted to complete the cutscene on three different PC's.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zarquon; 05-28-2023 at 10:22 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast