Player

I get "Incorrect PlayOnline ID or Passwod" at the login

So it's been a long time since I've play FFXI. I've played it when it was available on the Xbox 360. I've started playing XIV so my info has transferred to an Square Enix account. So when I try logging in on pc for the first time for XI I get the incorrect stuff. So I'm pretty sure it's either my password or would the ID be different and if so where can I find it?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I've started playing XIV so my info has transferred to an Square Enix account.
    Unless you specifically did it yourself your Playonline ID has not. You need to link your POL ID to a SQEX account. this is NOT automatic.

Also, you MUST save your playonline password in the login settings at the POL main menu. If you don't, you will always get this message because you're sending a blank POL password.

Step by step:
    1) Make sure POL ID is linked to a square enix account.
    2) Create a POL login filling in all the fields I blacked out below and making sure POL password is saved. (Only set One time password to "use" if you have a security token or app)
    Member Name just identifies the account at the POL start screen, it can be anything you want.
    POL ID is the 4 letter 4 number account name you got when you originally signed up for Playonline/FFXI.
    Square Enix ID is the username for your square enix account.
    PlayOnline Password is your original POL account password, NOT your SE account password.

3) After that, when you select your account it should show this, showing both a POL and Square Enix ID as well as the custom account name you chose:

Login prompt should be like this (SQEX password and one time password if set to use)
    Enter the password for your SE account (Not the playonline account, which is saved)

If you entered the correct information, it should log you in.
    (1)

Player

Helpful

Thanks so much. I was able to get in. Now I just need to reactivate my character.
    (1)

Greetings Adventurer!

We are happy to hear that you were able to resolve this issue.

This thread will be moved to the 'Resolved Issues' sub forum as a result.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums.
    (1)