Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Previously, somebody had presented a screenshot of an ASCII penis to this thread. So I reported it and then it was removed. So I guess the moderators DO exist.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Previously, somebody had presented a screenshot of an ASCII penis to this thread. So I reported it and then it was removed. So I guess the moderators DO exist.
    Removing only the grossest offenses is effectively the same thing.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Removing only the grossest offenses is effectively the same thing.
    Yes but you have to admit that this proves they exist, in the literal sense.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yes but you have to admit that this proves they exist, in the literal sense.
    I was aware they existed and do nearly nothing before. Sure I am not alone there, but that is why we say they don't exist. It's a bit like leaving out tuna for a neighborhood animal you never see. Could it just be a stray cat? Sure, but it's just as easily a possum with rabies.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I kinda wish I had the chance to see it, but it definitely wasn't me lol
    (0)

Player
    I don't really get the fascination with if they are around or not, of course they are. They pass stuff back if they think it's worth passing back.

The reason they don't really post anymore is because over the past 5-6 years our society has lost its collective mind, and anything anyone says that can be taken as being offensive to some random .0001% nobody turns into some massive controversy that can hurt the entire company and damage the share price. Even people who live in some other nations now are expected to conform and understand all the intricate nonsense of california liberals who find everything offensive and are waiting and ready to cause a massive stink about something on twitter.

Also because people act like children and if some community manager says something off the cuff, it will then be taken as a blood oath from jebus and people will lose their marbles if it turns out the devs didn't actually want to do that and they were wrong.

This is company wide, there are barely any official posts on XIV forums much either now. Same for blizzard and pretty much every company.

Years ago a GM would pop up in jeuno and talk with people and have a laugh. They are afraid of their own shadow now, they go 100% by the book and are smart to do so.

As for moderation, they moderated extremely hard years ago and it got to the point there were 3 people left that posted.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think big companies have been interacting with their community far less these days because they can't say anything without it being treated as gospel truth and if what happens doesn't match EXACTLY with what they say, they get immense backlash and it tends to be better just not to raise expectations so that when something does happen, people can be excited instead of whining (Speaking in general terms of game companies interacting with players less)
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    california liberals who find everything offensive
    This is satire, right? Have you seen the bud light controversy? All the book bans? Mr. Potato Head? Sexy M&Ms?
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Nope its the truth, thats just the reaction from people fed up with it only going in one direction and get back at them and let things be fair. Its pretty much true, you have to walk on eggshells these days so it makes sense for them.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    This is satire, right? Have you seen the bud light controversy? All the book bans? Mr. Potato Head? Sexy M&Ms?
    To be clear, the right is no better but the left have more social and buisness power currently so they get their way more and the punishments are more severe. However yeah I should of just said it in a more generic way here.

It's more a problem with mass use of social media than one side or another in particular.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 05-24-2023 at 10:29 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast