Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Blatant early failure points for new players.

Bastok Mission 1-3

Collect 5 Fetichism parts

The main place to farm these is Palsborough mines and Echelon farmers make it near impossible, the cost is also ridiculous at around 30k each.

You are either promoting gil buying or players quitting.

Windurst mission 3-2

The 3 mage gate requires 3 mages to open or someone with a portal charm.

If players can't get help, they can't get past this mission.

Bee pollen or Mandragora buds drop rate is way too low.

The drop rate without treasure hunter is ridiculous, it can take 2-3+ hours to get 3 and if it's a couple it can take 4-5. That's too much.

Players often do the trust initiation quest and never move past it to obtain the others, and so end up trying to solo with 1 trust.

Fixes

1. Add various ??? in Palsborough mines to obtain the 5 pieces when the quest is active.

2. Allow players to obtain a portal charm while the mission is active via the rolanberry quest.

3. Increase the drop rate or lower the requirement to 2.

4. When you finish the trust quest consider it complete in all 3 nations, and give players Naji, Kupipi and Excenmille at the same time. Relying on players understanding RoE to get the RoE trusts doesn't work, I've seen lots of players wandering around with just Excenmille or Naji in dunes.
    (3)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    These are all literally non-issues.

Parts drop fine. AH price is irrelevant.

Portal charm for windurst is obtainable before 3-2. If you had even bothered checking you'd see this.

Pollen and Dew drop is not bad.

Players not obtaining other trusts is not only a non-issue, but irrelevant.
    (0)

Player
    The parts do drop fine but there is almost always someone farming them on Asura because they linked these items to shields.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you are on the mission you can't do it.

It's annoying and worse if a couple are doing it.

I've seen many players with one trust at level 20 plus, why should windurst get a healer trust and sandoria not. Makes no sense at all.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The parts do drop fine but there is almost always someone farming them on Asura because they linked these items to shields.

It's annoying and worse if a couple are doing it.

I've seen many players with one trust at level 20 plus, why should windurst get a healer trust and sandoria not. Makes no sense at all.
    Look, all that matters is calling them blatant failures is simply wrong. I addressed the points already.
    (0)

Player
    I help new players and take notice of them quite a lot, these are the issues they complain about and often quit at.

Again Bee pollen isn't too bad, unless you have a husband and wife needing to farm 6 and it takes approx 20-30 minutes to get 1 without treasure hunter (not counting knowing where the spawns are). It would be simple and productive to lower the requirement from 3 to 2.

I also often see players in dunes or similar with one trust that can't even heal. Why would you add a trust quest and only one region gives you a heal trust.

The quadrav issue is infuriating, I would probably quit there if I was newly starting because it's insanely garbage as a newbie mission. Having to farm 5 separate items is annoying but with level 99s running around killing them for shield crafts it's terrible. The mission can take all day or multiple days.
    (2)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Look, all that matters is calling them blatant failures is simply wrong. I addressed the points already.
    Your opinion, which is not fact.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Yeah, if I remember right, there is no way to cancel these missions so if one skipped doing the charmy one, they can be stuck without help or starting the Toramarai Turmoil quest, which works around it, but actual new or even older people doing the missions for the first time are prooobably not very likely to bump into that one too easily (unless they search the fansites or something).

And also yeah, it was a bit silly to make the shields require those items...

Agreed on the drop rates on the dew and pollen as well. They're not very good.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Your opinion, which is not fact.
    While I'll agree that it's not straight-up fact, it's a pretty accurate assessment and I feel like you're pitting yourself against spicy for the sake of doing so.

The three mage door thing isn't a big deal. There's ways around it and passage is only very occasionally needed, so its a stretch to call it a pain point for newcomers when frankly newcomers aren't likely to need to pass it unless they're on the Windy missions, which grant you a way around it.

Drop rate stuff is subjective, but I don't think the items named are particularly problematic either.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-14-2023 at 02:59 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The most significant issue that I can see is the sheer amount of bots rampaging through West Ronfaure and back and fourth to the Sparks NPC.

You cannot fight a single monster because they zoom all over the place from mob to mob and kill everything in mass groups.

Not great for returning players.......

Then again, people only have themselves to blame for doing things against ToS that encourage the likes of this behaviour to exist.
    (4)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I never want to see that armor ever again lol
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast