Race: irrelevant
    World: irrelevant
    Main Job: irrelevant
    Support Job: irrelevant
    Area and Coordinates: irrelevant
    Party or Solo: irrelevant
    //

Steps:
    1.Changing "Mipmapping" applies change in registry but it does not work in the game anymore, mipmapping is now stuck at min setting.

Mipmapping is a graphics setting in the config program, to lessen shimmering textures at distance.

The issue in the FINAL FANTASY XI Config Graphics tab wherein leaving the Draw Distance option unchecked did not work as expected.
    Upon further reading, it seems this is intentional. However this makes the game look significantly worse for many users.

You could change this in the registry manually to go from 0 to 6 previously to improve the effect and now you can't and it looks terrible because it's now only 0 to 1.

Please consider changing this back, this looks awful to many users..
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 05-11-2023 at 10:03 PM.

Player
    If a community manager reads this and this report is labeled as working as intended:

FFXI has a setting in the config program that enables mipmapping, it is an on or off setting and 3 years ago when they updated it they changed the name to draw distance.

For the past 21 years you could edit the registry manually or use windower to change the mipmapping setting upto 6 and this made the game look far better, because this setting reduces shimmering textures at a distance on larger monitors.

With this update it is now fully 0 or 1 and anything past 1 =0, this damages the look of the game to many players that have become used to being able to set it higher and that the engine supports. This especially hurts the modding community (I know no developer has to support modding but previously this allowed people to make mods with HD textures for ff11 and this change hurts that directly).

I don't know if it is possible to make a note in some fashion to the developers if this gets pushed to working as intended but it would be appreciated if so.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    If a community manager reads this and this report is labeled as working as intended:

FFXI has a setting in the config program that enables mipmapping, it is an on or off setting and 3 years ago when they updated it they changed the name to draw distance.

For the past 21 years you could edit the registry manually or use windower to change the mipmapping setting upto 6 and this made the game look far better, because this setting reduces shimmering textures at a distance on larger monitors.

With this update it is now fully 0 or 1 and anything past 1 =0, this damages the look of the game to many players that have become used to being able to set it higher and that the engine supports. This especially hurts the modding community (I know no developer has to support modding but previously this allowed people to make mods with HD textures for ff11 and this change hurts that directly).

I don't know if it is possible to make a note in some fashion to the developers if this gets pushed to working as intended but it would be appreciated if so.
    Maybe you should just let them decide for themselves what to do with your bug report instead of preemptively addressing all the possible reactions to it.
    (1)

Player
    By your same logic, maybe you should let me decide what I want to post in my report.
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    By your same logic, maybe you should let me decide what I want to post in my report.
    Just stop it.

Submit the bug report and be quiet in the thread afterwards.

That being said, yes there is a noticable problem upon logging in after the update.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That's not the same logic lol

If you submit a bug report you should submit the bug report and leave it at that. At that point it's out of your hands and their only obligation is to look at the bug itself and decide: is this a bug or is it not? and then pass it on to whoever it is deals with them.
    (0)

Player
    This is a serious issue, pls go ralph
    (0)

Player
    (1)