Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If it wasn't for all the bots and QoL/level cap increases. Then the other weapons were all no-life status too outside of Aeonics.
    Even in the early days, if you happened to be filthy rich, it wouldn't take that long to complete a relic. Even by your own admission they don't take very long today, the shields especially.
    (0)

Character
    Arcmarc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Even in the early days, if you happened to be filthy rich, it wouldn't take that long to complete a relic. Even by your own admission they don't take very long today, the shields especially.
    Getting the Dynamis Xarc/beau NM clears was the hardest part in the old days. I finished my first in 2007 and the currency was far from the issue.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Armarc View Post
    Getting the Dynamis Xarc/beau NM clears was the hardest part in the old days. I finished my first in 2007 and the currency was far from the issue.
    I'll second that. I was part of a Dynamis linkshell back in 2006 and we were helping a guy build Aegis. We spent an entire 2 hour run to take a shot at Animated Shield but failed anyway when we couldn't kill it fast enough.
    (0)

Player
    It took me a year to fund my first relic, I helped run a dyna linkshell and we took turns funding runs between 4 people. Then to speed it up I camped Sandworm and Dark Ixion every single day in my hnmls, 6 hour+ camps for a good 6-7 months.

I put more time and effort into getting than that most people put into paying off their car.

I still remember proudly wearing it a hnm camp and missing my first ws, I nearly quit the game on the spot.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    It took me a year to fund my first relic, I helped run a dyna linkshell and we took turns funding runs between 4 people. Then to speed it up I camped Sandworm and Dark Ixion every single day in my hnmls, 6 hour+ camps for a good 6-7 months.

I put more time and effort into getting than that most people put into paying off their car.
    You come across as very out of touch with either the real world or Vana'diel.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Sounds more like you tbh
    (2)

Player
    Yeah. I wish I could pay off an entire car in only a year and a half.
    (0)

Player
    I mean at the time I was playing 7-8 hours a day, 7 days a week. I was farming gil almost the entire time I was on, mostly from money split HNM camps, bcnm, ksbcnm, gardening etc.

If you were working 7-8 hours a day 7 days a week and all the money went to a car I'm pretty sure you would pay that off far quicker than it took me to finish my relic. This was a long time ago, gil was harder to make back then.

It was just a hyperbolic statement for effect but it's probably accurate all the same.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Yeah. I wish I could pay off an entire car in only a year and a half.
    "WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY AEGIS DOESN'T HAVE VALUE AS COLLATERAL?!"
    (0)

Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Coming back to the subject, I don't mind doing 400k gal for it as 350k is all 5 empy+3 pieces, which is ok but 1 million gal is just too much, I think. It's either get 3 or 4 jobs to empy+3 or 1 prime weapon stage 3 and I would like 3 prime weapons if possible. I've looked at the weapons on the wikis but I'm thinking of empy+3 gear, instead. It's a balancing act of what you need at the time. I'm still hoping I can sell my eikondrites & sapphires that I get loads of now for gal at some point soon.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast