Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Ochain was already essentially dead, and it's not like making a better Aegis matters because Aegis is poopoo easy and can be used until dumping a year into making this.

Instruments get the smallest violin because now lucky BRDs will get to throw two away. There's not really a reason to care about preserving the integrity of these non-weapon items. Frankly at this point there isnt a reason to care about the integrity of any weapons that have their toes stepped on by Primes.
    What in my post suggested I didn't already know all of this? I just don't feel they needed a whole new class of weapons, especially since we barely have anything to use them on aside from Odyssey and they arent some massive upgrades over other optimal weapons/armor. If their plan was to just give super powered weapons that destroyed all other options as a last hurrah, they kinda failed because a bunch of these just suck from initial glance. Why do you have such a doomer stance? The reason not to care at this point is because? Love to see the answer
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    What in my post suggested I didn't already know all of this? I just don't feel they needed a whole new class of weapons, especially since we barely have anything to use them on aside from Odyssey and they arent some massive upgrades over other optimal weapons/armor. If their plan was to just give super powered weapons that destroyed all other options as a last hurrah, they kinda failed because a bunch of these just suck from initial glance. Why do you have such a doomer stance? The reason not to care at this point is because? Love to see the answer
    So you are moving from "contrarian" spam to some sophomoric "doomer" spam? Are you just unable to manage adjectives? Lol.

They weren't trying to invalidate every weapon from the looks of it. Being a last hurrah or not is besides that anyway. They seemed to have been concerned with following a weapon theme as with all previous ultimate weapons. You are also prematurely judging them, but that is par for the course.
    (0)

Player
    This seems kind of premature. Nothing has been officially implemented into the game. There's just been some mining of the data files. I mean, at least wait until we have some idea of the effort level required.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    This seems kind of premature. Nothing has been officially implemented into the game. There's just been some mining of the data files. I mean, at least wait until we have some idea of the effort level required.
    The stats are the topic though. Effort required isn't too relevant.
    (0)

Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    ... but are SE joking? 1 million gal + 2 octahedrites + 5 voracious psyches for Prime Weapon stage 3? Let's calculate this up a sec.

If you manage to get into a party where they can get 20-30k gal per day (basement levels) if you're lucky to be in one when people are on, then 1 mil / 25k = 40 days (50 days @ 20k). That's 2 months almost constantly.

If you go solo or in a pair, going round the main floor (4 NMs, a few leeches, chests on the way + blitzer chests in area F & G), you can get approx. 5k gal. This will then be 1 mil / 5k = 200 days and that's if we do it each day.

This is ridiculous. Has SE forgot what they put as the last click on PlayOnline before going into the game? "DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR WORK, FAMILY & FRIENDS". This clearly breaches that. I have plenty of other games to be getting on with & meant to not play this game for hours upon end.

They have to come up with a way for us to trade in sapphires & eikondrites for gal in order to sufficiently boost it up or we'll never get to stages 4 and 5. Also, we still have our empy +3 gear to still get done.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Unfortunately they design this kind of thing so that the no lifers who care about this stuff the most can't just burn through it in a day or a week and then go "theres no content left I quit." Sadly this comes at the expense of effectively excluding people who would like to work at it but can't treat the game like a job. The good news is you don't need the final stage for the story and fully upgraded REMAs are still worth.

Honestly the bigger reason I have a problem with this is if you want gear from Sortie, that's just going to make it take even longer since they share the same currencies.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Unfortunately they design this kind of thing so that the no lifers who care about this stuff the most can't just burn through it in a day or a week and then go "theres no content left I quit." Sadly this comes at the expense of effectively excluding people who would like to work at it but can't treat the game like a job. The good news is you don't need the final stage for the story and fully upgraded REMAs are still worth.

Honestly the bigger reason I have a problem with this is if you want gear from Sortie, that's just going to make it take even longer since they share the same currencies.
    If it wasn't for all the bots and QoL/level cap increases. Then the other weapons were all no-life status too outside of Aeonics. I'd rather do this than farm Dynamis in the equivalent capacity. Then again, at least there is a bit more of a feeling of variety in Dynamis. Which is why I was hoping there was another harder area to Sortie being added.
    (1)

Player
    From my experience and seeing how people react every time some big thing is added, it's less about people being mad how long it takes to get one and more mad how long it will take them to get 5.

The reality of hardcore mmorpg players is if you make the game easier they will just increase the scope of their goals and then create a massive workload when some new thing is added, and then have to do it x5.

However I feel there are still some unknown factors here, such as was the case with ML where they added higher level monsters.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RichLester View Post
    ... but are SE joking? 1 million gal + 2 octahedrites + 5 voracious psyches for Prime Weapon stage 3? Let's calculate this up a sec.

If you manage to get into a party where they can get 20-30k gal per day (basement levels) if you're lucky to be in one when people are on, then 1 mil / 25k = 40 days (50 days @ 20k). That's 2 months almost constantly.

If you go solo or in a pair, going round the main floor (4 NMs, a few leeches, chests on the way + blitzer chests in area F & G), you can get approx. 5k gal. This will then be 1 mil / 5k = 200 days and that's if we do it each day.

This is ridiculous. Has SE forgot what they put as the last click on PlayOnline before going into the game? "DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR WORK, FAMILY & FRIENDS". This clearly breaches that. I have plenty of other games to be getting on with & meant to not play this game for hours upon end.

They have to come up with a way for us to trade in sapphires & eikondrites for gal in order to sufficiently boost it up or we'll never get to stages 4 and 5. Also, we still have our empy +3 gear to still get done.
    This weapons are crazy powerful. I mean, the instrument combines Gjallhorn and Daurdabla into one item, and gives you an awesome exclusive song too. These are much better than the old crop of "ultimate" weapons so they should be harder to obtain. There is a huge amount of content available for casual players without the connections to do the really top tier stuff. Why is it so wrong that we throw a bone to the people who want something that requires top skill, good teamwork, strong organizational efforts, and real effort to do?
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I don't even mind that its a long term grind... we need something like that to hold people over. What I do mind is that they chose Sortie to do it. One of the most boring content added in a long time and we have to spam it endlessly... goodness. I had hoped they would at least have some final end game area but I was giving them too much credit I guess.
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast