Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by leia View Post
    Best choice SE has made, like returners do not work togather to clear bosses in odyssey, just pay merc then Pay for RP, that killed odyssey experience as content, as the Escha clears, now totaly relied on mercenry, etc.

Just do it on your own pace, FFXI is not a race.

30 days = 1m Galli or 20 days if you get 50k galli a run.

Just enjoy your time online with your friends.
    This is along the lines of how I feel about this content.

If anyone thinks the rampant mercing and botting didn't influence how this was created. Then they will only be left fuming more that they can't circumvent all this so easily as the rest of the weapons.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by leia View Post
    Best choice SE has made, like returners do not work togather to clear bosses in odyssey, just pay merc then Pay for RP, that killed odyssey experience as content, as the Escha clears, now totaly relied on mercenry, etc.

I don't see how this would even possible, considering returnee like mine never has many gils to even think to pay for mercs. At best to do is cashing out weekly sparks/accolades, which is not really alot.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    People typically don't post when they're content. Do you want the forums to just be full of "Nice update, SE! Keep up the good work!"? Or do you just want them to be closed altogether?

Funny... think I still spot post about gratitudes on forums, tho admittedly mostly on more popular MMO forum. FF14 for example, ppl been praising left & right when shadowbringers & endwalker came out, or when mod did exceptionally well. Even FF11 did receives overall praises as well when Rhapsodies delivers.
    (0)

Character
    Bobyhimself
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    (2.) Would it be possible to make vanity items from past years available, like Tidal Talisman, Moogle cap (Rainbow/Gold Mog Pell), etc?
    I wouldn't expect most paid/limited items to make a come back but it'd be nice. A slap in the face to people back then, but nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    I don't see how this would even possible, considering returnee like mine never has many gils to even think to pay for mercs. At best to do is cashing out weekly sparks/accolades, which is not really alot.
    Money is easy to make in this game, dedicate a few days to it, maybe a week if you're hungry, and you'll have enough money to merc anything you want.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunewearl View Post
    and you'll have enough money to merc anything you want.
    Using Mercs is pathetic full stop. People were/are mercing Chaos for something like 25 million gil. I did it with two others in Ambuscade gear. Seriously.
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Using Mercs is pathetic full stop. People were/are mercing Chaos for something like 25 million gil. I did it with two others in Ambuscade gear. Seriously.
    25 million seems awfully steep. The fight is definitely harder than everything else in Voracious Resurgence, but it's not exactly top tier elite content. On Bahamut, people were hanging around the entry point offering help. I got wrecked the first two times simply because we didn't have a healer (on account of that requirement to have the stage 2 prime weapon equipped). Then I burned 20,000 gallimaufry on my WHM to get the club and beat it the 3rd time with 5 strangers from another linkshell.

That's the thing about fights for storyline stuff. People are always more willing to help out with it. Maybe because it's just a one and done thing that doesn't take a lot of time.
    (0)

Character
    Arcmarc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    25 million seems awfully steep. The fight is definitely harder than everything else in Voracious Resurgence, but it's not exactly top tier elite content. On Bahamut, people were hanging around the entry point offering help. I got wrecked the first two times simply because we didn't have a healer (on account of that requirement to have the stage 2 prime weapon equipped). Then I burned 20,000 gallimaufry on my WHM to get the club and beat it the 3rd time with 5 strangers from another linkshell.

That's the thing about fights for storyline stuff. People are always more willing to help out with it. Maybe because it's just a one and done thing that doesn't take a lot of time.

Sudden Lunge works and makes the fight a complete joke. You won't even see a Fetter.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Armarc View Post
    Sudden Lunge works and makes the fight a complete joke. You won't even see a Fetter.
    I heard that. I wish the BLU that was in my group had known that. But I did the fight within like 12 hours after it was released.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    25 million seems awfully steep. The fight is definitely harder than everything else in Voracious Resurgence, but it's not exactly top tier elite content.
    I found that it was all about how quickly you recall trusts back up.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    I would like to ask this question please:

In 2022 in the AMA someone asked this question and we were given this answer:

With the curation of new content like Voracious Resurgence, are there any plans on implementing new zones?
    A: We're preparing a battle area with an all-new appearance.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen..._with/i9quptn/

All I would like to ask is, was this in relation to the BCNM areas we fight Chaos or was it something else? also if it was something else is that still in production / to be released or has it been shelved?
    (0)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast