Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Painx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This ... makes no sense at all. You want to look ugly or gritty? You can certainly do that in FFXIV if you want to. And you can fight bears in forests too. I find there is little correlation between "looking pretty" and strength. in fact in most games today it seems like strength is inversely proportional to how much clothing or armor you're wearing.

Also... FFXI doesn't really have bears. I don't recall Morimar ever fighting one either.
    I know FF11 does not have bears lol my dude...
    It's basically What I want is "Glam that I can go Ham" on mobs. I was referring to a tiktok video with the statement. ("I don't want to look strong like men who look pretty." "I want to be strong like b*$@* who fight bears in the forest.")

Glam is nice but with no stats it feels useless.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    That isn't mockery. Understand the difference.
    Lucky escape, I was ready to report you to twitter.
    (0)

Character
    Painx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You get it!
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    It's just possibly a matter of ASD.
    You would know that
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Glam is nice but with no stats it feels useless.
    If it makes your avatar fit your image then it is not useless. I mean, it's fine if you don't want to customize your character in this way, but don't hate on other people for valuing their character's appearance.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    True FF14 feels more as of a single player game, I rarely talk to players Unless I PvP and they barley respond, pretty anti social "MMO" I do say from experience from 1.0 until now. From my experience of MMO's I always party up with someone and talk and progress with them, however in FF14 reminds me of WoW and very little communication and recycled content.

In every MMO gearing has always been a progression mechanic, I remember getting good rare gear In Ultima Online or Dark of Camelot that really helped pump your character and it feels good getting something rare unlike FF14 it feels stale and I have done Ultimates in FF14 and I do not feel it or some kind of flex in getting something that will eventually be Glamour.

The MMO games that I've played before FF11 were great at the time and FF11 feels different for me as I see it a stair step getting stronger and going up and yes eventually they'll be a cap but their is so many other jobs to work on aswell that feels good investing on your character.
    I rarely talk to other people much within the game regardless. We talked a lot in FFXI because we had lots of time to- Combat was REALLY slow paced in the old days and especially in the early levels, and it was easy to type chats to each other when you didn't need to press many buttons and it took like 1-2 minutes to kill a snipper. FFXI still requires far less inputs in combat than most games. FFXIV on the other hand, you require constant attention to keep moving and performing frequent actions, so chatting is more difficult. In the end, it's a game we're playing not a chat room. That doesn't make it a "solo game," at least not any more than FFXI already is. But in all actuality, there's tons of chatting and roleplay, it just doesn't take place in combat. You and most people are searching for the community in the wrong place.

As far as "recycled content," FFXIV doesn't have a lot of that, certainly not any more than FFXI does- and yes, FFXI recycles a lot of content and has a lot of copypasta in its level design (Though this is partially due to the technical limitations of the PS2 era, you couldnt use too many models or textures because of memory limitations). As for being reminded of WoW, I'm not sure what the problem with that is? WoW was a very successful game when it came out and is still doing remarkably well. While I don't play it, I don't understand this hate. That game has come a long way and there is a lot to do.

In Ultima Online or Dark of Camelot that really helped pump your character and it feels good getting something rare unlike FF14 it feels stale and I have done Ultimates in FF14 and I do not feel it or some kind of flex in getting something that will eventually be Glamour.
    FFXIV has plenty of rare stuff, and I don't see how the use of an item has any relevance if people still want it. As I told someone in another thread, if you don't care about customizing your character, that's fine, but lots of people do and looks matter more to them than stats.

In fact, the less functional stuff is in FFXIV, the harder it tends to be to obtain. The reason why things stay this way is most people like it. it's fun collecting different stuff and creating a unique appearance from it. There is so much gear in FFXIV that it's very easy to create something totally unique from everyone else.

And you may have forgotten but FFXI has had vanity items for a very long time, but they were never really used until lockstyle was introduced, because your stats were tied to your appearance, and you were forced to wear ugly gear if it had stats you needed.

I remember when the yinyang robe was popular for summoner and I never actually got it because I hated how it looked- it was low level monk armor and I thought that was stupid. So while you may not care much about appearances, lots of people do. I was so happy for the lockstyle feature to be added in FFXI because it finally meant I could make my character look good without losing stats. And this is why practically every game with gear has a "transmog" system so you can wear the gear you like without worrying about it making you weaker.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-12-2023 at 12:07 PM.

Player
    To compare XI and XIV.

XI is the definition of less is more.

XIV is annoying and overwhelming of your thoughts, it's constantly keeping you busy with rotations, dailies, quest counters and stuff you have to do to the point you can't just zone out and enjoy the moment. It's like a stressful job with lots of busy work.

XI allows you to have downtime and is the better for it, there are high engagement things to do like endgame stuff and long goals to work on but it's ultimately a very relaxing universe to be in.
    (3)

Character
    Painx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If it makes your avatar fit your image then it is not useless. I mean, it's fine if you don't want to customize your character in this way, but don't hate on other people for valuing their character's appearance.
    I'm just trying to save space by combination of both Glam & stats. But I'm not looking to be some model in a MMO.
    (0)

Character
    Painx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I rarely talk to other people much within the game regardless. We talked a lot in FFXI because we had lots of time to- Combat was REALLY slow paced in the old days and especially in the early levels, and it was easy to type chats to each other when you didn't need to press many buttons and it took like 1-2 minutes to kill a snipper. FFXI still requires far less inputs in combat than most games. FFXIV on the other hand, you require constant attention to keep moving and performing frequent actions, so chatting is more difficult. In the end, it's a game we're playing not a chat room. That doesn't make it a "solo game," at least not any more than FFXI already is. But in all actuality, there's tons of chatting and roleplay, it just doesn't take place in combat. You and most people are searching for the community in the wrong place.

As far as "recycled content," FFXIV doesn't have a lot of that, certainly not any more than FFXI does- and yes, FFXI recycles a lot of content and has a lot of copypasta in its level design (Though this is partially due to the technical limitations of the PS2 era, you couldnt use too many models or textures because of memory limitations). As for being reminded of WoW, I'm not sure what the problem with that is? WoW was a very successful game when it came out and is still doing remarkably well. While I don't play it, I don't understand this hate. That game has come a long way and there is a lot to do.

FFXIV has plenty of rare stuff, and I don't see how the use of an item has any relevance if people still want it. As I told someone in another thread, if you don't care about customizing your character, that's fine, but lots of people do and looks matter more to them than stats.

In fact, the less functional stuff is in FFXIV, the harder it tends to be to obtain. The reason why things stay this way is most people like it. it's fun collecting different stuff and creating a unique appearance from it. There is so much gear in FFXIV that it's very easy to create something totally unique from everyone else.

And you may have forgotten but FFXI has had vanity items for a very long time, but they were never really used until lockstyle was introduced, because your stats were tied to your appearance, and you were forced to wear ugly gear if it had stats you needed.

I remember when the yinyang robe was popular for summoner and I never actually got it because I hated how it looked- it was low level monk armor and I thought that was stupid. So while you may not care much about appearances, lots of people do. I was so happy for the lockstyle feature to be added in FFXI because it finally meant I could make my character look good without losing stats. And this is why practically every game with gear has a "transmog" system so you can wear the gear you like without worrying about it making you weaker.
    I'm just wanting to play with MMO gamers and not a SIMS game you feel me? Glam is nice and it's cool to look awesome, however I would love it to be a combination of both so save space, but tbh I'm just enjoying the diversity of how jobs are in FF11 then FF14 aswell.

FF14 jobs are stuck with 1 weapon that is their main weapon that goes with their class. FF11 You can use different weapons and gear swap when necessary in mid combat and I beleive other mmo's have similarity of changing weapons in mid combat and this is something I would love for FF14 aswell. But hey we can ask for so much.

Just sharing a bit of my experience of MMO's that I have played before & after and see the difference from other MMO's that resemble WoW and beyond. Not stating FF11 is the best MMO, it just hits different.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    You would know that
    Your one dimensional attempts at reversals are as impressive as they have always been.
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast