Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Painx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I have been enjoying the game as of now. I hopefully get the time to work on Voracious Resurgence. Unlike FF14 I love how diverse your jobs can be and the gearing system feels good and I get this accomplishment feeling that Final Fantasy 14 doesn't give me, because the gearing is FF14 feels stale and becomes glamour.

I don't want to be strong like FF14 Warrior of Light,who look pretty (glamour model), I want to be strong like Morimar who fight bears in the forest! FF11 God Warrior of Light!
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    because the gearing is FF14 feels stale and becomes glamour.
    That's because FFXIV isn't really about gearing at all. It's about completing challenges and collecting things. If you can seperate yourself from the need to have fancy stats you can see there's a lot more to ALL MMOs, even FFXI, than gearing. Gearing is just a progression mechanic. FFXI dresses it up a lot more than the average game but it's still just a means to an end.

That's not to say gearing is meaningless, but I feel like people put too much weight on it. There's a lot more to FFXI and to all MMOs than gathering gear and pumping stats.

I don't want to be strong like FF14 Warrior of Light,who look pretty (glamour model), I want to be strong like Morimar who fight bears in the forest! FF11 God Warrior of Light!
    This ... makes no sense at all. You want to look ugly or gritty? You can certainly do that in FFXIV if you want to. And you can fight bears in forests too. I find there is little correlation between "looking pretty" and strength. in fact in most games today it seems like strength is inversely proportional to how much clothing or armor you're wearing.

Also... FFXI doesn't really have bears. I don't recall Morimar ever fighting one either.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-11-2023 at 04:37 PM.

Player
    FFXI doesn't really have bears. I don't recall Morimar ever fighting one either.
    it's a metaphor for aesthetic and strength

(3)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    it's a metaphor for aesthetic and strength

Oh look, you are posting more cringe and poor memes.
    (1)

Character
    Pimyi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    Great work causing problems or screwing up 6 consecutive monthly updates.

You do so little and still do it wrong. It impresses.
    Why are you even here?

Ageist sucks, don't add it. poop emoji.

It was supposed to be a joke, leave it that way.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...81%95%E3%81%84

Also Raminel is bugged now, and when you come into range of him he shows the april fools smoke trails still for 1 second. Remove the effect.

Also RoE > content > Ambuscade > broken text on the top 2

Also I think you broke mipmapping.

Nice to see Matsui in the video.
    Oh no! They added a fun cosmetic item to the game! Whatever shall we do? It has more cultural meaning for Japanese players so I get it's not to your taste, but here's the best part: You don't have to get it. It's completely optional!
    (1)
    Surviving the biggest crisis of your life is all well and good, but just remember that you'll have nothing left to do after it's over. -GS

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraphim View Post
    Why are you even here?

Oh no! They added a fun cosmetic item to the game! Whatever shall we do? It has more cultural meaning for Japanese players so I get it's not to your taste, but here's the best part: You don't have to get it. It's completely optional!
    It's just possibly a matter of ASD.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    It's just possibly a matter of ASD.
    You think it's funny to mock people with learning disabilities?
    (1)

Player
    You don't have to get it. It's completely optional!
    Stupid take, people like you used this in other games when they added cash shop outfits. The point is you have to see it.

Regardless, it's in the game now and so that's the end of the discussion.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You think it's funny to mock people with learning disabilities?
    That isn't mockery. Understand the difference.
    (0)

Character
    Painx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That's because FFXIV isn't really about gearing at all. It's about completing challenges and collecting things. If you can seperate yourself from the need to have fancy stats you can see there's a lot more to ALL MMOs, even FFXI, than gearing. Gearing is just a progression mechanic. FFXI dresses it up a lot more than the average game but it's still just a means to an end.

That's not to say gearing is meaningless, but I feel like people put too much weight on it. There's a lot more to FFXI and to all MMOs than gathering gear and pumping stats.
    True FF14 feels more as of a single player game, I rarely talk to players Unless I PvP and they barley respond, pretty anti social "MMO" I do say from experience from 1.0 until now. From my experience of MMO's I always party up with someone and talk and progress with them, however in FF14 reminds me of WoW and very little communication and recycled content.

In every MMO gearing has always been a progression mechanic, I remember getting good rare gear In Ultima Online or Dark of Camelot that really helped pump your character and it feels good getting something rare unlike FF14 it feels stale and I have done Ultimates in FF14 and I do not feel it or some kind of flex in getting something that will eventually be Glamour.

The MMO games that I've played before FF11 were great at the time and FF11 feels different for me as I see it a stair step getting stronger and going up and yes eventually they'll be a cap but their is so many other jobs to work on aswell that feels good investing on your character.
    (3)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast