Tahrongi Canyon, unknown coordinates.

Party or Solo:
    Solo

NPC Name:
    None
    Monster Name:
    None

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    Used Dimensional Ring of Mea to teleport to access point of Reisenjima, were stuck on black loading screen with downloading data in lower right corner, after a while I got an error message about connection timing out when trying to contact FFXI servers. The error message is as following: Error code: FFXI-3001
    No response from the Final Fantasy XI server.
    Connection timed out.
    Press OK to shut down.

Were returned to character login selection. Contacted GM, tried file repair. Issue remains.
    (0)
    Last edited by Podranea; 05-08-2023 at 12:36 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't know why this happens sometimes (its happened to me multiple times) but I've always found that if you come out of the game, run a VPN and temp login with that, it should fix the problem. Or, if you have access to another network in your premises, temporary switch to that and then try logging in.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Elmclaw
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I don't know why this happens sometimes (its happened to me multiple times) but I've always found that if you come out of the game, run a VPN and temp login with that, it should fix the problem. Or, if you have access to another network in your premises, temporary switch to that and then try logging in.
    So using a VPN works fine, if I swap over to non VPN it does not, I tried logging in with VPN, change zone, login again withouth VPN and then it works fine. But if I do zone back to Tahrongi canyon the same error message appears.

So the issue seems to be related to that zone or atleast the crag. And it is just that character on the account that is having this issue, albeit I cannot check with any of my alternative characters as they are all level ones.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Podranea View Post
    So using a VPN works fine, if I swap over to non VPN it does not, I tried logging in with VPN, change zone, login again withouth VPN and then it works fine. But if I do zone back to Tahrongi canyon the same error message appears.

So the issue seems to be related to that zone or atleast the crag. And it is just that character on the account that is having this issue, albeit I cannot check with any of my alternative characters as they are all level ones.
    THe game servers consist of multiple server machines in a cluster that handle the load from different groups of zones, so its possible one of them is just being derpy and the path it's taking to send the data to the client is different than it is for the other server nodes.

It's probably temporary, but hopefully when this thread is seen, they take a look.
    (0)

Character
    Elmclaw
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It seems to be in order now, might have gotten a new IP from my provider, who knows. It was a strange occurance.
    (0)

Character
    Damonkal
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Just happened to me, same thing. I can log in using a VPN or a hotspot. I was really hopeful server update would fix it. Its been 2 days so far here so here is hoping.
    (0)