Character
    Tofuwupifuwu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Hating things is boring, I want to hear about what you like!

What is you're #1 favorite thing about Final Fantasy XI as it exists today?

I'll go first: I really like how many little stories there are throughout the world. Like the quest in Bastok where you uncover the "mystery" 11th Palborough Pioneer. There is so much about the history of Bastok and the relationship between Humes and Galka wrapped up in that questline.

What's yours?
    (3)
    https://www.twitch.tv/doctorokay

Player
    All of it.

I like the music, the stories, the battle system, the difficulty, skillchain system, the world, the character models (they ruined the races in 14, absolutely disgusting fluffy tail not even real cat girl garbage mi'qote), the monster designs, the animations (lolevlansmncast tho), the current solo options for play, job composition with support jobs instead of everyone being super hero dps, lack of rotations, endgame content, the massive amount of things to do, gearswapping, grind based leveling cause I'm autismo, hardcore progression, subligars, the updates, the seriousness of the game instead of being comic clown world with police car mounts, the massive scope of upgrade potential, the difficulty of endgame meaning you have to overcome hard challenges.

Most of us keep paying to play it because it's offering something you can't get anywhere else and the designs of modern games has shot off in a garbage direction to appeal to casuals.

I have a neighbor that has an antique motorbike and it's his pride and joy, he is constantly polishing it and looking after the chrome bits and buying special oil and whatever else to keep it going and in the best condition. That's how I and many others feel about this game, you can't be so involved in something for 20+ years and not care about it a lot.
    (3)
    Last edited by Pixela; 05-03-2023 at 12:27 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Everything I don't like is technical stuff. Game-wise, there's hardly a thing I don't like Focusing on the modern game, I like home point teleportation, the newer stories have been enjoyable, Sortie is fun, feels like a real raid dungeon. I like how some jobs that were panned in the early days have more uses today. I like that I can ask "what do I want to do?" and there's so many options it takes me a few moments to decide.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-03-2023 at 03:34 AM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I love this game so much, I am still moved by the incredible stories, the graphics still hold up today in my opinion and the characters, models all of it is just incredible. The gameplay was so fun and so many different ways to tackle content and think outside the box. Its such a shame they don't see the potential this game has.
    (1)

Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    There isn't much I dislike about the game, other than some technical hindrance.
    I played the game on and off since 2004 so maybe it just nostalgia talking.
    (0)

Player
    My favorite aspect of the game is the story. Zilart, Aht Urghan, and the nation rank missions were pretty bland, but everything else has been exemplary storytelling for a limited medium.
    (1)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    the friends ive made because of this game
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    That you can log in and pick/choose what you want to do, or whatever you fancy doing at that time.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    I would say... WotG.

Back then, the theme song would kinda annoys me to no end. But... once I've progressed its stories all the way to the end, suddenly found that theme to be so much emotional & deeply in love with it.
    (0)