Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aegist

Player

The Aegist

This is really stupid.

Can you not?

You are devaluing one of the most iconic REMA people spent hundreds to thousands of hours making for a joke login item, it looks identical to an Aegis unless you're really close to it. So level 1 mules will effectively have a prestige REMA now.

At least change the color?

You are ruining the prestige of the item

inb4 it's funny tho, from people who don't understand the greater issues and how an item that gives a laugh for a few minutes now will be in the game forever after
    (5)

Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    You can make an Aegis in a few days now though, a relic weapon isn't such a huge prestige anymore.
    But I understand your line of thinking, for those that worked their butt off to get a relic weapon back when it was a huge grind, now it is just a gil wall.

I think it's a little funny and will probably get it for the collection.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post

This is really stupid.

Can you not?

You are devaluing one of the most iconic REMA people spent hundreds to thousands of hours making for a joke login item, it looks identical to an Aegis unless you're really close to it. So level 1 mules will effectively have a prestige REMA now.

At least change the color?

You are ruining the prestige of the item

inb4 it's funny tho, from people who don't understand the greater issues and how an item that gives a laugh for a few minutes now will be in the game forever after
    You are behaving like a brat.
    (1)

Player
    I liked you better when you were an asshat, your defeatist doomer troll arc is boring asf.
    (2)

Player
    Is this a serious complaint? This is especially ridiculous, even for Pixela.

There's nothing prestigious about Aegis. I made one back in 2015 because I was bored and thought about maybe playing PLD. It's been sitting in on of my mog wardrobes since. I might have actually moved it to Mog Locker or something just to stop wasting active wardrobe space. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a PLD even visibly wearing one.

If you want a prestigious shield, get a crafting Eschuteon. Who takes hundreds or even thousands of hours to get a relic these days? Someone who doesn't know how the stagger system works in Dynamis? Somebody who buys all the currency but only raises the funds through direct gil drops from beastmen?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    You are behaving like a brat.
    Maybe Pixela thinks it is 2007, when an Aegis actually was an accomplishment?
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Maybe Pixela thinks it is 2007, when an Aegis actually was an accomplishment?
    You lost me at "thinks". Purely emotional.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Is this a serious complaint? This is especially ridiculous, even for Pixela.

There's nothing prestigious about Aegis. I made one back in 2015 because I was bored and thought about maybe playing PLD. It's been sitting in on of my mog wardrobes since. I might have actually moved it to Mog Locker or something just to stop wasting active wardrobe space. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a PLD even visibly wearing one.

If you want a prestigious shield, get a crafting Eschuteon. Who takes hundreds or even thousands of hours to get a relic these days? Someone who doesn't know how the stagger system works in Dynamis? Somebody who buys all the currency but only raises the funds through direct gil drops from beastmen?
    Yes it is a serious complaint becasue there are still a lot of players who are more casual than you and see it as a big accomplishment, getting the currency or gil required to get it.

Also, what makes you think they won't do the same with eschuteon?

Aegis is the single most inconic rema in the game and it's going to be gobbie box mule cosmetic now.

(1)

Character
    Okosego
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It’s says we will be able to synthesize 2 of these sheilds together to make a +1. I wonder what the bonus will be? Probably a lame costume?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Yes it is a serious complaint becasue there are still a lot of players who are more casual than you and see it as a big accomplishment, getting the currency or gil required to get it.

Also, what makes you think they won't do the same with eschuteon?

Aegis is the single most inconic rema in the game and it's going to be gobbie box mule cosmetic now.
    If you are casual and you put in what to you is a lot of time and effort to build an Aegis, you will have the real thing and you can take pride in actually having it and take pride in your own accomplishment. If you were doing it to get a costume piece to impress everyone, then you are out of touch with reality because that will not impress anyone.

Getting an Aegis is about comparable to getting a full +3 set of Anchorite's attire. But Anchorite's attire looks exactly like the full set of Temple attire you could get by leveling MNK up to 60 and doing a few hours worth of AF quests.

And if they make some lookalike Brewer's Eschuteon I'm not going to give a damn because I know the immense time and effort I put in to get the real thing, and I am proud of what I actually accomplish rather than what I can create the illusion of accomplishing.
    (2)

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast