Good day, adventurers!
Fujito here.

I can’t believe that it’s already May 2023. I’m sure some of you have made big changes in your life recently and are still getting settled in to your new routines—the same is true for me, so here’s to making the most of our latest opportunities!

And with that, let’s dive right into May.
In the previous edition of Freshly-Picked Vana’diel I mentioned that The Voracious Resurgence’s finale was shaping up to be a monster of an undertaking, so we decided to split the May version update into two different parts to properly handle the volume of content.

The first version update is schedule for Wednesday, May 10, and contains the monthly updates to Ambuscade, a variety of client environment adjustments, as the usual monthly housekeeping that accompanies the regular version updates.

This month’s Amubscade feature Orcs in Volume One and flies in Volume 2. There are no particular adustments from last time around, so reach deep into the recesses of your memory (or your favorite fansites) and pull out all those strats you used last go around.

The second version update of the month is schedule for Wednesday, May 24, and will contain the latest entry in The Voracious Resurgence as well as the ability to further reforge your Prime Weapons.

This version update will bring the three-year-long story of The Voracious Resurgence to it’s conclusion, and I hope you enjoy seeing with your own eyes what that means for the world of Vana’diel. Do note that in order to progress with the story you will need to be equipped with a stage 2 non-shield or instrument Prime Weapon, so make sure your preparations are complete.

Completing The Voracious Resurgence will enable you to reforge your Prime Weapon to stage 3 and beyond. The visual effects are the same as relic weapons, but they have a Prime Weapon-specific weapon skill associated with them. The weapons are what you would expect of something bearing such a storied name, so be sure to give them a go!

Until next time, happy adventuring in FINAL FANTASY XI!

■Part 1: Wednesday, May 10

Mission and Quest-related
Update Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
Records of Eminence・Update monthly objectives -

Content and System-related
Ambuscade・Replace notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
-
Alter Egos・Remove Matsui-P -

Item-related