Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You can't get into Unity Chat. Full stop. For Domain Invasion, or for chatting. That is broken. The fact that everybody uses this particular trust is irrelevant.
    Each Trust has a seperate unity chat, so no, it's not irrelevant.

If ALL of the unity chats are full, well then that's just because Asura is overcrowded. Whether it's because of actual people taking up the player slots, or all the attempts to get in breaking it entirely (which wouldn't be too surprising). This system was designed with an average server population in mind, but since so many players piled one server, it may not work as intended. And while I don't like the idea of fixing a game system for the outlier server because that takes resources from things that benefit everyone (they should just offer free transfers and encourage people to spread out to other servers which would make the game better for most people)

"Just move to a terrible server full of lesser people and interact with a bot that SE hasn't decided to ban yet."
    The bot is on the terrible server. It's not AND, it's OR. And SE hasn't banned it because it's not RMT, doesn't hack, and doesn't break any rules. Sure, you could report it I guess, but why would you report a bot whose singular purpose was to help people out who can't get into the unity chat.

Another thing is, you are a regular to these forums, but haven't appeared to play in the last 6-7 months.
    It's none of your business how long ago I last played, but this isn't accurate. while I haven't been particularly active, I've logged on various times over the intervening months. (I still have a sub I just keep getting distracted from about a dozen other games I need to catch up on, again not that it's any of your business) If you're using FFXIAH to determine this, well if I don't buy anything on the AH, there won't be any history.

This isn't a dynamic issue, either. Asura was overcrowded, is still ovecrowded, and as long as people keep telling new/returning players to go to Asura, it will remain overcrowded. The only possible reason you can't enter the unity chat is because there are too many people/bots/whatever. If the situation was "dyanamic" and has changed in the last 6-7 months, you would not be here saying you can't get into the unity, because the situation would have changed for the better.

Regradless of how active I've been in game recently, I still like to talk about it. That's not a crime.

Just for you
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-08-2023 at 02:46 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

I really like this feature that tells me when DI is happening
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The bot... And SE hasn't banned it because it's not RMT, doesn't hack, and doesn't break any rules.
    It literally breaks rules by existing.

I don't think it's a bad thing that a player created it to help other players. I think it's a sad thing because it came to a player having to run a client on a PC 24/7 to provide said service when it should just be resolved by the dev team.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post
    It literally breaks rules by existing.

I don't think it's a bad thing that a player created it to help other players. I think it's a sad thing because it came to a player having to run a client on a PC 24/7 to provide said service when it should just be resolved by the dev team.
    You know what I meant: The bot itself isn't performing any actions that the game itself or SE could obviously detect as breaking the rules unless someone went and told SE "this user is a bot." And it's clearly obvious that simply reporting a user as a bot is not enough to get them actioned.

The only thing the dev team needs to resolve is the issues with the unity chat that prevent it from being used as intended on one server out of sixteen that has an issue. They don't need to create a new feature that does the same thing as an already existing feature.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-08-2023 at 05:15 AM.

Player
    The only thing the dev team needs to resolve is the issues with the unity chat that prevent it from being used as intended on one server out of sixteen that has an issue. They don't need to create a new feature that does the same thing as an already existing feature.
    It's just as bad on Odin and I'd assume Bahamut and any other server with 200+ people on it at any time.
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

I really like this feature that tells me when DI is happening
    That's because you're on a very quiet server and using a trust that absolutely nobody else uses.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    That's because you're on a very quiet server and using a trust that absolutely nobody else uses.
    This would seem to be a not quite tacit acknolwedgement that changing unities will make it easier to get these messages, even if you're on a fuller server, whereas it was previously argued that this wasn't the case.

Like I said before: I would support seperating the actual unity chat itself from the actual trust magic. instead of having 8 or however many seperate capacity-limited channels tied to a specific unity, just make the channels generic, that is, put each player in whatever channel has room in it, and selecting a unity simply changes which NPC messages you see and which trust you recieve.

Or, make all of the UC trusts permanently unlockable so that there at least isn't a real reason to choose one unity over another.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-08-2023 at 06:22 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post
    It's just as bad on Odin and I'd assume Bahamut and any other server with 200+ people on it at any time.
    Even shiva has more concurrent users than this and there are no issues here. Given that i've never heard anyone complain about this in-game, I'm going to assume that even the most popular unity can usually be accessed on most servers. Bahamut and Odin are larger but not overcrowded the way Asura is.

(edit: missing the word 'not" significantly impacted the last sentence)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-08-2023 at 07:04 AM.

Even shiva has more concurrent users than this and there are no issues here. Given that i've never heard anyone complain about this in-game, I'm going to assume that even the most popular unity can usually be accessed on most servers. Bahamut and Odin are larger but overcrowded the way Asura is.
    Apururu is occasionally full on Leviathan, possibly the least populated server. I'd assume that some of the more useful unities (Sylvie, Yoran) are as well.
    (3)
    It's your server.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Like I said before: I would support seperating the actual unity chat itself
    Which makes me think. What has DI got to do with Unity anyway? I can't even remember a Unity related quest for Domain Invasion (?).
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast