Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    The difference between Besieged and Domain Invasion is that Besieged happens occasionally, whereas Domain Invasion is constant. A KI that tells you when domain invasion is happening is going to spam messages constantly. No thanks. A useable item, similar to those magian trial glasses, would be better.
    Campaign Battle messages happen pretty often as well, but there is a chat filter for them. I think that works pretty okay.

They could also show them only in the Escha areas I guess, like Bastion (remember that!?), but it would still be nice to be able to filter them out.

Perhaps an item would be okay too, but I wonder how much unnecessary server stress it would cause what with all the people querying for it (I suppose the majority might still go by the unity messages though).

I'd like the Campaign Battle sort of option most, probably, or maybe an NPC that would talk about it (I think the Abyssea people in towns can tell about Bastion... or I remember crazy).

It would be a nice change, though I personally can live with checking the areas, or flipping the chat switch for a time (tend to be in Sylvie's chat since no other alter ego quite does what she does, but I also tend to keep the chat off if it's being full to give a spot to someone else, unless I really want to see it (would be nice to know about Mireu in some way still though)).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    invincible shield unity because Galka. Even though IS is an absolute arsehat in the same vein as rongelouts. Since basically no one uses this one i get all the messages clear as day and I don't even really see the hello! chats either.
    (0)

Player
    Damn, SE's management must love the English side of these forums. Everything gets shot down by some naysayer every single time anyone posts anything.

I think this request has some merit.

The idea of telling someone to move to a backwater server, to interact with a bot on the most popular server that's existed for multiple years untouched, or to switch to a lesser used and lower ranking Unity is laughable. You do realize that any Unity items have some effect that scales with their Unity's ranking, right?

None of these suggestions are acceptable. Neither is sitting in a single zone for several minutes flipping Unity chat on and off, then sitting still in a zone for a several more minutes just to wait for an update on Domain Invasion.

The current situation is really somewhat terrible and the devs should consider making some improvement to it. The suggestion was OKAY and the replies should have been more focused on brainstorming something better rather than being a bunch of naysayers with nothing productive to contribute.
    (6)
    Last edited by Sfchakan; 05-06-2023 at 03:25 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post
    Damn, SE's management must love the English side of these forums. Everything gets shot down by some naysayer every single time anyone posts anything.

The idea of telling someone to move to a backwater server, to interact with a bot on the most popular server that's existed for multiple years untouched, or to switch to a lesser used and lower ranking Unity is laughable. You do realize that any Unity items have some effect that scales with their Unity's ranking, right?

None of these suggestions are acceptable. Neither is sitting in a single zone for several minutes flipping Unity chat on and off, then sitting still in a zone for a several more minutes just to wait for an update on Domain Invasion.

The current situation is really somewhat terrible and the devs should consider making some improvement to it. The suggestion was OKAY and the replies should have been more focused on brainstorming something better rather than being a bunch of naysayers with nothing productive to contribute.
    Thank you. I really don't understand the logic behind some of the comments, especially seeing as some of them claim to be coders. It seems like they are suggesting something similar to going around and around in circles when it just takes one step forward.
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player

But it's not a good suggestion. For one thing, getting your chat log spammed every 10 minutes when a new domain invasion starts, with no way to turn it off, is not something I want.

Sirmarki was provided with MULTIPLE alternatives but is so stubborn that he found a way to say that each one is unacceptable. It's like if a man was homeless, so you raise some money to buy him a house. Then he says "but that won't cover the property taxes or the utilities". So you set up a trust fund to pay that. Then he says "but I don't like the color!". So, for some reason, you really want to help this man, and you give him a $2000 gift credit at Home Depot to buy paint. So the guy says "but I don't support Home Depot's labor policies and don't want to give them my business".

The idea is being shot down because:

1) It's unnecessary.
    2) There are MULTIPLE easy workarounds but he has refused.

And you two are acting like children throwing a fit because you can't get exactly what you want exactly the way you want it. Getting the exact time and place of domain invasion on Asura is as simple as doing this:

/tell Whereisdi Hello

That's it. You don't have to configure anything or download anything. Literally the ONLY reason you would find this unacceptable is so that you can take some sort of stupid moral high ground. The character does literally nothing else and exists as a public service to the people of Asura. It's created by somebody who, out of the goodness of his heart, created something. You, on the other hand, would prefer to force people to spend time working on something to create it exactly the way you want it.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Sirmarki was provided with MULTIPLE alternatives but is so stubborn that he found a way to say that each one is unacceptable.
    The options you provide were:

1. Use a bot
    2. Join another unity and throw all known strategies out of the window
    3. Zone multiple times to find out which area DI is active..
    4. Move server.

Seriously?
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Thank you. I really don't understand the logic behind some of the comments, especially seeing as some of them claim to be coders. It seems like they are suggesting something similar to going around and around in circles when it just takes one step forward.
    The logic here doesnt even have anything to do with coding. The logic is, we already have the feature being requested and people are making excuses why it isn't good enough just to do so. If people used all of the unities instead of just one because it supposedly has the best trust (i've not used it once myself), they would all have these messages without issue.

We're not here just naysaying because it's fun to shoot people's ideas down. It's not and that's not why I'm here. But there is very limited time and resources available for development now, and from a purely logistical standpoint, it really doesn't make much sense to give development time to a feature that already exists on the sole basis that it isn't quite convenient enough when there are a lot of more important issues that the time could be spent on.

2. Join another unity and throw all known strategies out of the window
    What strategies? For what content? There are other trusts that can fill the roles of the one or two unity trusts that people care about. None of the unity trusts are so gamebreaking that there is content you can't beat without them. If there is, please let me know so I can try it and either prove you wrong or right. Maybe I don't know what I've been missing all these years of not using that unity, but I doubt it.

If any change needs to be made, my opinion is that it should be making these trusts unlockable like any other and then you don't need to be in a particular unity just for the trust associated with it. Because my point was and is that we already have a system that sends you messages when domain invasions are happening, which is what this topic is asking for. That system has a flaw, yes, but it's a flaw that could be addressed rather than creating a new system to do something that already exists.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-07-2023 at 08:26 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The logic here doesnt even have anything to do with coding. The logic is, we already have the feature being requested and people are making excuses why it isn't good enough just to do so. If people used all of the unities instead of just one because it supposedly has the best trust (i've not used it once myself), they would all have these messages without issue.
    You can't get into Unity Chat. Full stop. For Domain Invasion, or for chatting. That is broken. The fact that everybody uses this particular trust is irrelevant.

Another thing is, you are a regular to these forums, but haven't appeared to play in the last 6-7 months. Not really in the position to advise on issues that are generally dynamic.
    (3)

Player
    But it's not a good suggestion. For one thing, getting your chat log spammed every 10 minutes when a new domain invasion starts, with no way to turn it off, is not something I want.
    What if there was a toggle? Oh wow, so hard.

And you two are acting like children
    Reallly? You're the one needlessly insulting others. I made a single factual post in response to a number of posts telling OP there was no need for such a thing.

/tell Whereisdi Hello

That's it. You don't have to configure anything or download anything. Literally the ONLY reason you would find this unacceptable is so that you can take some sort of stupid moral high ground. The character does literally nothing else and exists as a public service to the people of Asura. It's created by somebody who, out of the goodness of his heart, created something. You, on the other hand, would prefer to force people to spend time working on something to create it exactly the way you want it.
    "Just move to a terrible server full of lesser people and interact with a bot that SE hasn't decided to ban yet."

Yeah, OK.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Lol, the vast majority of requests here have always been trash. This one isn't worth time or resources even if there is "some" merit to it.
    (1)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast