Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Sortie Ra'Kaznar Starstone farming strategy?

I need 8 starstones for various pieces I want to upgrade to +3. My current solo strategy gets me 3300 galimaufry a day, and about a 2% chance of getting a starstone from doing caskets #F1 and #G1. It's a decent strategy I guess, but it's going to take me 169 to 388 runs to get all the starstones and galimaufry I need.

So I'm trying to figure out a good way to team up with people to farm starstones faster. I guess there are two general strategies:

1) Do basement objectives to increase chances at getting direct starstone drops.
    2) Farm galimaufry faster so that I can buy the stones for 90k each.

For number 1 I planned out this route, which I feel is easier for a pickup group because it involves killing regular monsters and minibosses, but no sector bosses.
    • Casket E1: Vanquish 12 Esurient foes in square with the bitzer
    • Casket E2: Vanquish 15 Esurient flan
    • Coffer E: Vanquish 6 mini Naakuals
    • Casket F1: Click Bitzer with empyrean gear lockstyled.
    • Casket F2: Vanquish all Fetid Veela
    • Coffer F: Leave sector F, return, vanquish all mini Naakuals
    • Casket G1: Stand close to bitzer while targeting for 30 seconds
    • Casket G2: Vanquish all 17 Gyvewrapped Dullahan

Number 2 seems harder because I have had bad luck with sector bosses with pickup groups. Also, I don't really know how much galimaufry I could expect out of that. Maybe 3000 from killing all the ground level mini bosses and maybe 5000 if I get a sector boss. Feels like this might also be less forgiving on party setups. You never really know what you're going to get with a pickup group, in terms of both jobs and quality of player.

Thoughts?
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Best strategy would be not soloing a 6 person endgame event that directly rewards you proportionally to how much you can do. Which without players or buffs is diddly. Getting 3k Galli, even as far as soloing it goes. Is a terrible result of an hour spent and waste of time.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Best strategy would be not soloing a 6 person endgame event that directly rewards you proportionally to how much you can do. Which without players or buffs is diddly. Getting 3k Galli, even as far as soloing it goes. Is a terrible result of an hour spent and waste of time.
    Well, duh. That's what I just said. Which is why I'm trying to figure out a better way to do it. Hence the entire point of this thread.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    That depends on if doing it any other way was an option or not. Sometimes you just can't get help to do something, in which case it's still better to do something than do nothing.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That depends on if doing it any other way was an option or not. Sometimes you just can't get help to do something, in which case it's still better to do something than do nothing.
    I already +3'd two pieces (BRD body and WHM legs). 7 of the 8 that I have left I don't really care about a huge deal. I still have fun doing Sortie solo and if that stops being true, I'll stop doing it. Just like I did with Master Levels.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    I already +3'd two pieces (BRD body and WHM legs). 7 of the 8 that I have left I don't really care about a huge deal. I still have fun doing Sortie solo and if that stops being true, I'll stop doing it. Just like I did with Master Levels.
    I do too. But it's fair to say you can't expect the same kind of results or be able to do everything.
    (0)

Player
    I do too. But it's fair to say you can't expect the same kind of results or be able to do everything.
    I feel like we're all talking in circles here. I already acknowledged that. The entire point of this thread is that I am trying to find a good group strategy.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's always an option. Be like saying people solo Sheol C because there ain't another option in their lives. Lol

People spend more effort avoiding doing something in a far more ideal fashion than just doing it.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If you're trying to get a good group strategy, do the magic burst way. Party setup rune, blm, geo, and either 2 sch and 1 cor, or 1 sch and 2 cor. Do CGBFAE, depending on cor widcard reset for order. Each run will yield between 40-47k gallamufry. It will likely take you a few runs to get the bugs worked out, so best to from a static with the same people on the same jobs.

Also TH all bosses, since drops come directly from them and not from a box, TH should apply. I TH4 all of them when im on sch and finished 54 empy to +3 so far.

The best options is to form a static, as sortie much like odyssey is 6 man content with 20h KI limitation, this basically is designed for a static.
    (1)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 04-26-2023 at 11:26 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    If you're trying to get a good group strategy, do the magic burst way. Party setup rune, blm, geo, and either 2 sch and 1 cor, or 1 sch and 2 cor. Do CGBFAE, depending on cor widcard reset for order. Each run will yield between 40-47k gallamufry. It will likely take you a few runs to get the bugs worked out, so best to from a static with the same people on the same jobs.

Also TH all bosses, since drops come directly from them and not from a box, TH should apply. I TH4 all of them when im on sch and finished 54 empy to +3 so far.

The best options is to form a static, as sortie much like odyssey is 6 man content with 20h KI limitation, this basically is designed for a static.
    Thanks for being the first guy who actually answered my question. I'm not sure I'll do your exact setup, because that's pretty restrictive and I'm not sure I can get and maintain that strict a setup. The lingo confuses me a bit. What does "do CGBFAE" mean? I see this in the yells all the time. Does that mean "do the sector bosses of these sectors, in this order?"

How do you manage Treasure Hunter without a THF?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast