Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Don't bulk buy Crysta..

If you are doing so with the intent of supporting FF11.

Crysta is not a FF11 currency, it's a FF14 currency. If you bulk buy Crysta you are supporting ff14 because it is assigned to that games payment system, the only time Crysta is supporting ff11 is when you spend it on ff11 on that month.

I used to make this mistake and I won't be doing it in future, just a headsup to anyone unaware.

FF11 still belongs to ff14 operations so you're still supporting ff14 indirectly, but to a far lesser extent than just buying out a ton of crysta and letting it sit there in the ff14 account system.
    (3)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Oops, I didn't support FF11 for 6 months and went with FF14 only. Now I support both... For now.

I still don't know what I am supposed to enjoy in FF11. I work 40+ hours a week. Some people cried endlessly that I violated ToS so I stopped. If they want me to follow the rules 100% then the fake one is the only way to go because I don't mind the old school dragon quest style experience. Hmmm.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Crysta is not a FF11 currency, it's a FF14 currency.
    It is neither. Seriously man, stop posting stuff like this that makes you look silly.

Crysta was created before FFXIV existed. And not just both games but every means of giving SE money online use the same payment processor. You are never supporting FFXI, nor FFXIV, directly, by giving SE money anywhere ever. You're supporting SE.

seriously you have to stop this BS misinformation. Even the people paying for FFXIV, whether they are subscribing or buying stuff from the online store, are not "supporting FFXIV." They're supporting Square Enix and its entire operation.

No amount of crying about FFXI's state or telling yourself you're boycotting FFXIV by not using crysta or whatever silly idea you come up with next is going to change the direction of ANYTHING at SE, much less FFXI.

Lines on a budget (and you are still following an entirely misguided concept of how budgets work) are entirely meaningless. SE spends all of its money from all sources at its discretion on whatever it wants. Your only option if you're not happy with SE is to not give them any money at all for anything for any reason.

If anything, if SE gets its way it will be funding everything it does with crypto and NFTs, but thankfully that prospect doesn't seem likely.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-10-2023 at 07:40 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Your only option if you're not happy with SE is to not give them any money at all for anything for any reason.
    This says it all. No one forces anyone to give money to SE. Now with FFXI's old technology, like it or not, developers work for the tip no matter how much money you are wasting.
    (2)

Player
    The square enix account system was created for xiv, and when tanaka gave ff11 to ff14 the playonline system was merged into the ff14 account system. All the money goes to the xiv project, and it's not assigned to xi until it's used on xi for that month.

I used to builk buy crysta, I will do this no more, just a headsup to anyone that was like me.
    (0)

Player
    I don't understand Crysta. Why would you pay for services in that weird indirect way? I just keep a credit card on file.
    (1)

Player
    They sometimes block credit cards for people and refuse to fix the issues, forcing people to buy crysta. They did this to me a long time ago.

They do this for numerous reasons:
    Firstly they know people will buy more than they need due to a risk of being booted if you don't add new crysta on time, so they get all that money upfront when people buy too much instead of getting the exact amount from a CC charge.
    Secondly crysta has a use by date, at which point it is literally deleted (2 years). So if you are sloppy with buying it and buy too much the excess will get deleted after a while and disappear down the drain. Lots of ff14 players get burned with this when they buy a lot and then top up every month.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...rysta_expired/

Thirdly it's harder to refund crysta than a CC charge.

We originally had playonline account systems and all crysta was assigned to ff11 exclusively, then Tanaka gave ff11 to Yoshida and FF14 operations. So we were forced to convert our accounts to his Sqenix ff14 account systems. All the money XI makes is counted towards XIV operations and xi has never been mentioned on any financial report since the account change happened.

I threw a few hundred bucks into crysta over numerous accounts in January. Thinking it was helping 11, but it's really just not. It's just counted as ff14 revenue and just sits there unspent until you use it on 11 specifically.

If anyone wants to do it, then that's fine but I know people who were doing it specifically to support 11 and you're just not since they have no idea what you're loading up on crysta for.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What a silly thread.

Also, no one should think their contribution to XI would be large enough to help prolong it's end.
    (1)

Player
    If everyone thought like you nobody would do anything, I bet you don't vote either do you?

Every action matters because the culmination of many players supporting the game equates to a combined force that has kept it running for 20 years.

Square Enix only care about cash, so WE kept it running as long as it has been and that includes my monthly sub and yours.
    (0)

Player
    It doesn't make sense. Whether I pay for a subscription directly through a credit card or indirectly through crysta, I'm still feeding in to Square Enix's sales data and supporting FFXI.
    (1)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast