Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Calm down man, you'll be fine. Nobody hates XIV, it's just facts that upset you.

Simple logic, if XI was its own product it would be stated on the financial report.
    I hate XIV, and even I have enough sense. Not only to not make such a thread, but not to be so out of touch with the basic nature of it.
    (0)

Player
    If I buy $1k of crysta right now, I'm paying $1k to ff14 operations.
    No, you're paying $1,000 to Square Enix to buy their special payment credits.

Then you spend some of those credits every month to pay for a subscription to Final Fantasy 11. Do you think that, after you buy crysta, they don't track where that crysta is spent? Leaving that kind of gap in their business intelligence would be a massive fail.
    (0)

Player
    'm better off just buying crysta every 1-2 months and not buying it in bulk, and then I can leave it sit in my bank instead and get the interest off it. There is no reason to bulk buy because there is no benefit to ff11.
    Also... bank interest? What year do you think it is? Nobody makes money from the 0.05% interest rate on savings accounts anymore.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela
    Calm down man, you'll be fine. Nobody hates XIV, it's just facts that upset you.
    If you don't hate it, then why do you bash it and complain about it at every opportunity? And why are you so offended by even the possibility that SE might spend any of the money you gave them on FFXIV if you don't hate it as you claim?

Simple logic, if XI was its own product it would be stated on the financial report.
    That's not how budgets work. You clearly haven't learned anything from any of the past conversation on this subject.

I mean it's freaking hilarious that you actually think buying crysta equates to funding (specifically) FFXIV. It doesn't specifically fund FFXIV. Period. It funds Square Enix. SE is free to use every dollar it uses from any source on whatever the hell it wants, including buying the corporate executives their morning coffee. Dollars derived from Crysta are not specifically allocated to funding FFXIV's operations, nor any other specific purpose. Period, end of story. No matter how much you want what you say to be true, it isn't. Yes, some amount of the money that SE spends furthers FFXIV development, but not even all money generated by FFXIV itself goes to the game, as SE has dozens of projects at any given time and all of the money SE earns is distributed to those projects as SE sees fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan
    I hate XIV, and even I have enough sense. Not only to not make such a thread, but not to be so out of touch with the basic nature of it.
    While I find it unfortunate, I have no problem with Spicy saying this because he at least understands how budgets work and understands how ridiculous your arguments are.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-12-2023 at 06:53 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Do you think that, after you buy crysta, they don't track where that crysta is spent? Leaving that kind of gap in their business intelligence would be a massive fail.
    In fact the Crysta Passbook, seen in your Square Enix account,does indicate specifically what you purchased with your Crysta. If you use it to sub to FFXI, both you and SE knows that Crysta was used for that purpose.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Also... bank interest? What year do you think it is? Nobody makes money from the 0.05% interest rate on savings accounts anymore.
    I'd suggest you browse APY on savings accounts.
    (0)

Player
    I have no problem with FFXIV, I just don't have any reason to support it with money I don't need to spend in advance with a bulk order of crysta.

Again, FFXI is a sub product under the umbrella of FFXIV. It is funded from the XIV budget, to the benefit of XIV since they get more money back in profits than it costs (and possibly more now since they aren't paying so much in wages). You can literally go check their financial reports PDF and see DQ10 is listed and ff11 is not, even though ff11 makes more money and has more players. They also stopped counting profits towards 11 when it was handed over to Yoshida. Which is why ff14 is counted as the most profitable SE title soon after (cause they stopped counting profits from 11 6-7 years ago) - go check the wiki entries for most profitable titles at SE and see the numbers for 11 stopped being counted at that date and stood still since, while 14 carried on with the benefit of 11 profits being added onto its numbers.
    (1)

Player
    FF11 was counted on every single financial report up until 2012, as they are forced to do when it is a separate entity with ongoing costs.

Tanaka left Square and handed ff11 to Yoshida in 2012, when it stopped being counted on any financial reports.

This is the point all profits from 11 ceased to be counted, and were added onto ff14. So all money FF11 has made from 2012 to 2023 have been added onto ff14.

So ff11 is the "2nd most profitable square enix game" from 2002 to 2011. No money it makes was counted past that date anywhere.

(1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 04-12-2023 at 08:15 AM.

9. 04-12-2023 08:08 AM

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Come on. We all know Yoshi-P is the leader. It's their money now. Let's say... Yoshi-P probably read this forum and thinks... "Hmmm.. Oh so Zehira wants us to replace this FFXI's engine... Oh so Pixela is against Zehira's idea and prefers the way it is. I don't know what.... Oh so Zehira just unsubbed and stick to my game now..."

Few months later.... Yoshi-P announced FFXIV is getting an upgrade just a moment after you created a thread complaining about XIV again. lol
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    I'd suggest you browse APY on savings accounts.
    I get 0.01% on my checking account lol
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast