Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Rolandprimeus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Fresh new face looking to make friends

Greetings everyone. I've been wanting to play this game since the original release, and now have been able to make the computer to play it. I joined the Asura server, and really hope to meet new folks and friends who I can enjoy the world with and learn from. Any tips appreciated!
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    and now have been able to make the computer to play it
    Uhhh.... what?

Something seems a bit off here.
    (1)

Character
    Rolandprimeus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I've had a family to take care of and now that things have calmed down for me in taking care of them, I've been able to build a PC with the help of a friend and got the game.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I just find that bit about building a PC strange. FFXI will run on a literal potato. You can just buy a PC from like 10 years ago and it will play this game just fine for next to no cost.

I'd like to reccomend that you try another server before you get too far in. Asura is overcrowded and there are a lot of issues resulting from it, like lag and long waits for certain things to do in the game. Other servers could really use the fresh mea- i mean new players ( <3 ) more. Other than that, best thing to do is just to befriend someone in game and have them guide you around. THere are lots of helpful resources in the form of wikis such as FFXIclopedia (good for new people trying to do the story and such) and BGWiki (good for statistical stuff and more advanced topics)

If you'd like to be among a decent crowd without those issues, Bahamut is a good choice, but you can play the game just fine on any other server.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-05-2023 at 02:45 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandPrime View Post
    I joined the Asura server
    Just a heads up - Asura is not as busy as it seems. The population numbers mainly consist of multibox and "other"....
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Just a heads up - Asura is not as busy as it seems. The population numbers mainly consist of multibox and "other"....
    Even those "others" still cause issues that don't exist elsewhere, at least not anywhere to the same degree.

The whole "come to asura" advice wherever it is being given, needs to stop.
    (0)

Character
    Tofuwupifuwu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I will personally put in a plug for Odin server right now. It is pretty active and there are a lot of good linkshells that are happy to support new players.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Honestly, doesn't matter which server you want to play on. Like I am on Asura but won't play much like I used to anymore. They made this game more solo friendly and you have a lot of stuff to catch up and enjoy the fresh start. Personally, I will keep supporting the dev team but won't play that much anymore other than the story. The new fake one alone has over 3,000 online players on one server started at the CoP expansion. The most exciting experience I have ever had.

I say it once again, I will keep supporting the dev team and prefer the fake one better.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The problem is, most people playing "the fake one" are NOT supporting the game.

Also, that solo friendliness has its limits. You're not getting ML50 playing solo with trusts, it takes an obscene amount of time. Job points were faster from the day they reached their maximum.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Also, that solo friendliness has its limits. You're not getting ML50 playing solo with trusts, it takes an obscene amount of time. Job points were faster from the day they reached their maximum.
    Personally, I made it to 31 before I went insane.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast