Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The problem is, most people playing "the fake one" are NOT supporting the game.
    Well, I know they REALLY want to but they can't because they just don't like the current state of this game. They are the most lovely players to be with. There is no reason to be such a d***. I have spent a lot of my time fishing with buddies and I know they have dreams.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well, I know they REALLY want to but they can't because they just don't like the current state of this game.
    If that was the case, they should be not playing it, rather than scamming SE by playing on third party servers.

This isn't about being a whatever you want to call it. Sometimes even the most wonderful people do things they shouldn't, like not pay for the game they claim to love.

If I'm not happy, I'll cancel my sub. But I won't be playing on external servers. There's too many other games I can play instead. All my progress is here, I'm not starting over, and I don't want to be limited to early expansions.

I'd have less of a problem with it if those external servers required that you maintain a subscription to the official game (though I still wouldn't do it myself)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-06-2023 at 10:56 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    If I'm not happy, I'll cancel my sub. But I won't be playing on external servers.
    Don't forget. People have asked million times they want a classic server, remake, remaster, PS5 port, and whatever. They are just tired of hearing a parade of "NO". That should explain why they decided to make their own server.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Don't forget. People have asked million times they want a classic server, remake, remaster, PS5 port, and whatever. They are just tired of hearing a parade of "NO". That should explain why they decided to make their own server.
    Maybe, but they'll eventually figure out that its not so great to be completely frozen in time. Part of the reason I have no desire to go back is because I already did everything I ever cared about from that area. I don't need to do it all again. It simply won't be as fun the second time around, if it will be fun at all given that it was the mystique, the excitement from grouping up with people for the first time you wen through the dunes and these other places. After that, there's nothing special about it that I can't still do today regardless of the level cap or the location. There's a reason as well, why even WoW classic has been getting past expansions over time, becuase eventually people get bored due to only having access to the same content indefinitely.

And one of the primary reasons they got "no" from SE was because SE themselves didn't keep archives of past versions of the game that far back.

Ultimately, the people playing on private servers and not paying for the game are only contributing to the game's eventual demise, and then after that the only option will be to play FFXI as some private server host decided it should be, or not play at all. And everyone has a different vision of what exactly was the most "classic" moment in FFXI history- particularly if you're Japanese because NA didn't get the game until the first expansion came out, which leaves a whole era that only they experienced.. The level cap was stuck at the same point for so long (really, they should have either done it way sooner, or not at all) that it spanned multiple expansions, and not everyone even agrees on that either. For me personally if there was ever any issue it was not specifically the level cap increase it was certain contents that caused problems for the game.

The FFXI community is not large enough to do it the way WoW is doing it either, if you let people stay at a given expansion when another one is re-released, that just divides the community more each time it happens. People like to mention how big of a success classic servers were for WoW but they ignore the fact that WoW had a vastly larger playerbase, so those community divisions weren't enough to be harmful.

Now, if you really want to continue this line of discussion I suggest we take it elsewhere instead of bogging down a new player thread even more.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-07-2023 at 09:20 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    They are the most lovely players to be with. There is no reason to be such a d***. I have spent a lot of my time fishing with buddies and I know they have dreams.
    .... Until the server gets shutdown and they all go bye bye.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Uhhh.... what?

Something seems a bit off here.
    I think what they mean is that they finally built a pc that could run it that doesn't have Windows XP anymore
    (0)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctooOkay View Post
    I will personally put in a plug for Odin server right now. It is pretty active and there are a lot of good linkshells that are happy to support new players.
    i took your advice and ive made a few new friends already feel free to drop a hello im cardgrey
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Good choice, honestly. Odin's in a good spot.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2